What do you feel about using the new DLC stages in tournaments/the competitive scene??

DLC stage question  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which stages should be legal?

• Miiverse
    • Suzako Castle
    • Dreamland 64
    • Hyrule Castle 64
    • Princess Peach's Castle 64

Suzako castle has no hazards and looks good, but people will probably ban it for the walk off right side of the stage.

The idiotic comments on Miiverse may distract people, but I heard that it would be a good counter pick to Battlefield.

Edited by Rabbattack

Suzako castle has no hazards and looks good, but people will probably ban it for the walk off right side of the stage.

The idiotic comments on Miiverse may distract people, but I heard that it would be a good counter pick to Battlefield.

Its pretty much battlefield if you ask me

Dream Land 64 is considered one of the most balanced stages in Smash history so it should be legal. We had 4 tri-platform layouts in Melee (Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dream Land and Fountain of Dreams). So this should mean that Miiverse should be fine as well.

Suzaku Castle has the walk-off so it's not good.

Peach's Castle was legal in Smash 64, as was Hyrule Castle, but they were questionable choices so we'll have to see.

Well all the omega versions will obviously be fine. Dreamland 64 is a shoe in and I think Peach's Castle 64 is too. Hyrule Castle might be iffy because of the tornados but might be a counter pick. I think Miiverse will be in too nothing too hazardous about it.

Suzaku castle on the other hand is a bit more tricky the walk off being the main problem.

The Miiverse Stage is hilarious, I love it XD.

I was playing my brother in an Roy / Lucas duel, and I couldn't stop laughing at the comments people would leave. But besides that, it's actually a pretty fair stage. I chose all the options in the poll except for Peach's Castle.

I dislike the walkoff in Suzako Castle, but I guess that could be worked around...?

Miiverse and Dreamland are definitely balanced stages for competitive play. The only reason I could see either/both being banned is if the scene decided there are too many of the same kind of stage, but I doubt that.

The others are all no. Suzaku Castle is obvious due to players being completely unable to fall off the right side of the stage, and Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle just have too much going on. They might have been legal once upon a time in Smash 64, but that was probably only due to a severe lack of stages in the game and Dreamland is the only legal Smash 64 stage in today's scene anyway.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire
I know the difference between to, too, and two, I swear.

Miiverse and Dreamland are definitely balanced stages for competitive play. The only reason I could see either/both being banned is if the scene decided there are two many of the same kind of stage, but I doubt that.The others are all no. Suzaku Castle is obvious due to players being completely unable to fall off the right side of the stage, and Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle just have too much going on. They might have been legal once upon in time in Smash 64, but that was probably only due to a severe lack of stages in the game and Dreamland is the only legal Smash 64 stage in today's scene anyway.

I wish the competitive scene was more open to stages like Suzaku Castle: no hazards, solid ground, and platforms.

I don't really see anything unfair about it other than "super hardcore players" wanting to ban it for no good reason.

Colesiuem doesn't really do anything bad either.

Edited by Rabbattack

I wish the competitive scene was more open to stages like Suzaku Castle: no hazards, solid ground, and platforms.

I don't really see anything unfair about it other than "super hardcore players" wanting to ban it for no good reason.

like you already stated walk offs are always the main problem.

It makes it really easy to camp and kill at very low percentage without much effort. It's pretty effortless to do honestly as I've done it many times in these types of stages.

I mean in addition to there being plenty of good reason, "super hardcore players" are the ones you're making this thread about anyways - you're talking about "tournaments/the competitive scene," of course it's gonna be the competitive players

Miiverse and Dreamland (N64) are both A-OK for competitive play. Peach's Castle (N64) can be a counterpick. Hyrule Castle used to be legal in Smash 64 until stalling and camping became a problem thanks to the tornadoes that show up on the stage.

I could definitely see Miiverse being banned / lumped together with Battlefield (like Omegas with Final Destination) - you strike one, and neither can be picked.
Otherwise it takes a lot of value away from stage-striking. "I don't want battlefield - strike it" "okay then, I pick boring straight-lines battlefield"

The only stage I ever see that should be grounds for banning are Magicant in Nintendo 3DS. Because the Flying Men gives the player that tags him a huge advantage. Some folks don't like hazardous stages like Captain Falcon's and what not. But...it is rather comical if they get runned over by cars. Magicant(3DS) is the only stage that I see that should ever be grounds for banning.

But...it is rather comical if they get runned over by cars.

ah yes, my favorite part about competition, when it becomes a comical farce

why, I just loved that one time when half the seahawks got ran over by a steamroller; best time I've had in years!

and don't even get me started on that one giants game, the one with that tidal wave; I have no idea what they have to complain about, the A's won that game fair and square. nothing by skill involved there!

ah ha ha ha ha, jolly good

it's all well and good to prefer your games wild and unpredictable, but please don't pretend that your standards are what people have in mind when they talk about what they appreciate in a competitive game

Edited by Euklyd

why, I just loved that one time when half the seahawks got ran over by a steamroller; best time I've had in years!

I just imagined a football game where steamrollers are running across the field like stage hazards and random items pop up in the middle of the field like hammers and stuff and it was one of the funniest images I have had in awhile.

But seriously, I agree with you. People put a lot of hard work and dedication into practicing their skills, for all of it to go to waste because of the spin of a random number generator would... lol, I can't get that image out of my head, it's physically preventing me from finishing my thought.