-Fire Emblem X wtf I don't know the fuck they're doing buuuh

-Mario maker

So it was not that difficult to raise the level

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, that wasn't a high standard to top..

Yeah, it says more about this E3 than the game, clearly.

Next year will probably be better (Pokemon's 20th anniversary)

Leon sounds thrice his actual age in the English dub? He's supposed to be younger than Kamui?

In Japanese, the Imoutos sounded like there had a third of their actual age.

In English, all the male character sounds like they are in their late 20s/early 30s.

Standard dub stuff.

Yeah, you're right there, they should really exchange VAs, either Leon and Marx or Ryouma and Marx.

On a side note, they put every sibling's voice in the trailer except Camilla's, how could they forget her? This is gonna haunt me for the rest of the week!

Lol, another fellow Camilla fan huh? Honestly at this point I don't know what they'll do, I always figured they'd make her sound gentle like she did in the first trailer when she said Daijobou, but this trailer through me for a loop. Marx sounds like Chrom firm and loyal when I always figured him for dark, menacing and brooding. Ryouma sounds brash and impulsive when in the first trailer he sounded more like Marx did in this patient and steadfast. Elise sounds surprisingly mature when she sounded like a little kid in the Japanese version.

Its not all "bad" or completely out of place, just different and unexpected. Kamui sounds kind of whiny though to me. I like the brooding anti-hero type and I get what they're going for with the inner dragon conflict but I don't think I'll be using his voice. The only one I really didn't like was Aqua's, she was better when she sounded mysterious, it felt more in character.

I'm actually not sure what about it I didn't like, I should watch it again. I just remember cringing at that moment...

Lol, the trailers growing on me. I've watched it ten times now and even though it's short I'm enjoying it more and more everytime I press the replay button. The cutscenes are fantastic. It might be Nintendo's best 2015 E3 trailer imo

Anyone else notice that Aqua was crying when she walked into the lake at the beginning?

look at 0:56 into the video. is it me or does that look like elise's death scene?

Yes. Yes, it does. The question is whether we kill her or if her death is caused by unforeseen circumstances and YOU weren't there to protect HER because you were off CHEATING with your other imouto.

I'm sure I'll warm up to the English voices as time goes by, but yeah, Aqua's song is somewhat a little awkward at times in English. I just might be me because I'm not use to the thing translated songs have when they stuff like five words into five notes when originally it was just one word. But I'll get used to it.

The boys sound great. Hinoka sounds fitting. Kamui isn't particularly impressive, but at least they will have several different voice options, so if I don't like this one, there will be something better (I'm playing as a female first anyways). As for Elise and Sakura, I'm just really, really relieved their voices are the way they are. I hope Felicia's voice also sounds just as nice in English because I really can't stand "cute", high pitched voices that's usually given to female characters. I remember watching the My Castle video gritting my teeth because Felicia was so grating to hear.

Overall, the voices are great to me, with the exception of Aqua, maybe, for the singing. Too bad we can't be selective about which voices we want between the languages.

We also had a short glimpse of the dark sword we saw Kamui using in the most recent trailer... only this time it was all lit up:

pCVvT1o.png

look at 0:56 into the video. is it me or does that look like elise's death scene?

That's what it looked like, yea. My guess is that the next scene is showing Kamui going berserk because of it. SO FREAKIN' HYPED!

Edit: Or that's Marx going berserk, I can't tell... Actually it wouldn't make sense for Kamui to appear in the CS though because of their customization options and all, the only way Kamui showed up in that Aqua scene is because they go dragon form so nvm, it's one of the Nohr brothers... Actually upon closer inspection it looks like Leon if you pause at 1:07. Hm, gah but then why do they have pointed ears?! I don't know anymore.

Edited by Kyza

People, i think that the game will be slpit in two versions, at least in Europe. In the Italian Nintendo website the game is called Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright & Conquest.

EDIT:

As in Fire Emblem Birthright & Fire Emblem Conquest.

Could you provide a link? The Italian E3 site flat-out doesn't list the game.

The dub sounds fine to me. Always found English voice acting better than Japanese ones when it comes to video games (vice versa for anime).

Also, if each sibling got their own death cut-scene then that'd be awesome and heartbreaking at the same time.

Could you provide a link? The Italian E3 site flat-out doesn't list the game.

From another thread, this link is to the UK site

"Fresh from the Digital Event, check out the new trailer for Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright & Conquest."

Source: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/E3/Nintendo-E3-2015-1022866.html

Under "Digital Event & Related Videos".

Edited by Philranger

Leon's line was amazingly executed oh my god. That's definitely David Vincent. He has a thing for voicing blonde jerks. Looking at you, Jin Kisaragi.

New trailer looks great. Usually I don't like dubbings, but what we heard from this trailer has my hopes up cause it's a lot better than most that I'm used to. As for the english singing I don't mind it too much. Sure the Japanese is a lot better, but having played games where I've been force fed semi-decent dubs I can't help but at least be slightly less critical since at least they try, and it could be a lot worse. Funnily enough Aqua's singing reminds me of the final boss battle song from Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny for the wii, specifically of Odette's part.

Lamest e3 yet, worse than e3 2014 overall I feel. The third party games were worse as well as the presentation for the most part (special exception to ff7 and Shenmue 3). Microsoft has its holiday lineup but not much afterward, Sony's the opposite pretty much. The most exciting parts were in Sony's conference but Shenmue and ff7 are long off multiplats. Nintendo was awful despite having the best exclusive line up for the year(special exception to platinum made star fox zero).

Leon's line was amazingly executed oh my god. That's definitely David Vincent. He has a thing for voicing blonde jerks. Looking at you, Jin Kisaragi.E

Dang it. Every time he says "brother" now... every time...

Leon's line was amazingly executed oh my god. That's definitely David Vincent. He has a thing for voicing blonde jerks. Looking at you, Jin Kisaragi.

He voiced Robin in Awakening and was the main voice used in both trailers as well as Smash. I wish they used him for Kamui too, he's just badass

He voiced Robin in Awakening and was the main voice used in both trailers as well as Smash. I wish they used him for Kamui too, he's just badass

Vincent's one of my favorite VAs ever. I knew he'd end up with Leon. That's his specialty. Funny enough, Miyano did Flynn from Vesperia. No typecasting at all going on here. Nope.

"Fire Emblem If will be called Fire Emblem Fates in the U.S. and will be out in 2016, according to today’s Nintendo E3 briefing. There will be two versions of the game, according to a Nintendo press release."

~Kotaku

Did anyone already post about this?

I'm trying to catch up on the 7 pages this thing grew.

"Fire Emblem If will be called Fire Emblem Fates in the U.S. and will be out in 2016, according to today’s Nintendo E3 briefing. There will be two versions of the game, according to a Nintendo press release."

~Kotaku

Did anyone already post about this?

I'm trying to catch up on the 7 pages this thing grew.

Yes.

"Fresh from the Digital Event, check out the new trailer for Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright & Conquest."