Wait, will we be able to see our Avatar in game cutscenes?

Kamui-of-Nohr

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believed we saw a Male!Kamui next to Mikoto and a possible super saiyan Kamui in the trailer...

I'm trying to find the screenshot of the super saiyan so please understand...

Aye, that surprised me too. One would assume that the purple stuff would cover him, but we definitely saw that stupid hair of his.

My bet is that they'll have two versions, one male and one female, and hope we don't notice that our customizable character looks completely different.

Aye, that surprised me too. One would assume that the purple stuff would cover him, but we definitely saw that stupid hair of his.

My bet is that they'll have two versions, one male and one female, and hope we don't notice that our customizable character looks completely different.

Probably when he is shown, he is heavily obscured.

Probably when he is shown, he is heavily obscured.

He is for the most part, but you can definitely see his hair and maybe even his build.

If your Kamui's got longer/shorter hair, you'd see it immediately.

So the first time it looks like k's hair is covered by a villager's hat, and then during duper-saiyan his hair is grey, but I suppose they could just pass it off as a 'side effect of the magicks' or something

For what I understood from previous information, there's the cutscenes who uses the game engine, and as such, sees your Kamui as you designed it, and the others who are in 1st person view.
The scene probably don't change depending of your appearance, or even build, but they may be a difference between male and female.

The super saiyan scene is the only one who is really iffy, but your hair colour is irrelevant, and you only sees the hair cut for a really short time, so most won't realize while playing the game.

This.... is actually a really, really good question.

In awakening, Robin was always either hooded or not present. What are they going to do now that you have to see Kamui's face?

Unless (oh, please, no) they find away around it/Kamui isn't that important.

For what I understood from previous information, there's the cutscenes who uses the game engine, and as such, sees your Kamui as you designed it, and the others who are in 1st person view.

The scene probably don't change depending of your appearance, or even build, but they may be a difference between male and female.

The super saiyan scene is the only one who is really iffy, but your hair colour is irrelevant, and you only sees the hair cut for a really short time, so most won't realize while playing the game.

Well, okay. But I bet they would change the build if you're playing as female. Just imagine seeing that Super Saiyan scene and wondering who the hell the guy transforming into Dragon is.

I'm certain they'll have two different models for Male/Female, after all the outfit design is completely different anyhow. But it looks like the Kamui that appears in the CS's is generic Kamui, probably no matter what this is the case. The reason they could explain this is because Kamui can change haircut (and possibly color? I forgot what options there were when that bit was shown) at any given time through My Castle. But yea, at around 0:25 despite Kamui being mostly covered up head-wise you can still see his white hair and one of his eyes. Basically 1/3 of his face is peaking out from behind that hat. And you can definitely see Kamui's pointed ears in the Super Saiyan scene, although I thought maybe that it might be Leon before I saw that through constantly pausing/playing that scene. So damn, lol.

Edited by Kyza

I'm certain they'll have two different models for Male/Female, after all the outfit design is completely different anyhow. But it looks like the Kamui that appears in the CS's is generic Kamui, probably no matter what this is the case. The reason they could explain this is because Kamui can change haircut (and possibly color? I forgot what options there were when that bit was shown) at any given time through My Castle. But yea, at around 0:25 despite Kamui being mostly covered up head-wise you can still see his white hair and one of his eyes. Basically 1/3 of his face is peaking out from behind that hat. And you can definitely see Kamui's pointed ears in the Super Saiyan scene, although I thought maybe that it might be Leon before I saw that through constantly pausing/playing that scene. So damn, lol.

Yeah, but that's a generic cutscene,and not a special animated ones.

So, it'll probably wil be the model you use who will be seen here (and they're using the default M!Kamui.)

The super saiyan one is still the true problem, because there's no way they recreated the scenes with each models...

Intelligent System producers, said that there will be differences between genres in animations and skets, like build and voices. I would really love if they really use game engine to make this more real, like monster hunter 4

so Ellise and Sakura can call you sister in the end

You don't understand, I was literally losing my mind when I saw that cutscene. I WANT THERE TO BE EVERY POSSIBLE BUILDS IN THOSE CUTSCENES DAMMIT

.... Which will probably not be oh well

But still, I think it's safe to say that SOME changes will be made to the cutscenes depending on your character. Like the siblings calling you brother/sister since it wouldn't do in the crucial moment of chapter 6's choice for Sakura to call you big brother when you're actually a female XD. Also, if you listen closely, the voice clip in the 'super saiyan' moment is the same voice as Kamui's other normal voice clips, so there will probably be the different voice options in each cutscenes, which in itself would be pretty awesome :3

Man, I need this game so bad already aaaaaa

I thought they removed build in this game, but I was probably mistaken. Anyway, I think it wouldn't be too hard for the animators to have interchangable hairstyles for Kamui when (s)he is standning still, and I also think that the Dragon-face thing would be a good way to have him in cutscenes.

Maybe they will have different cutscenes based on if you went with the generic choice or not?

I wouldn't think so. It would just be a cheap way to make cutscenes, and Nintendo is beyond that.

Besides, if they really wouldn't do every customizations, then they probably would keep Kamui hidden from view like Robin, because why bother doing 2 different kinds of the same cutscene just so default avatar can shine? The whole point of character customization is to insert yourself in the game and create a character that you identify with, it would make no sense to just ignore that for the cutscenes, and Nintendo knows it.

My bet is that they might do cutscenes with different avatars, but only a few key cutscenes, and the rest will have your avatar just be hidden, like the scene with Mikoto. The "super saiyan" moment seems to be a very important part of the game, so they might put in the extra effort of building every possible avatar for the scene.

Or that might just be my wishful thinking what is my life

My bet is that they might do cutscenes with different avatars, but only a few key cutscenes, and the rest will have your avatar just be hidden, like the scene with Mikoto. The "super saiyan" moment seems to be a very important part of the game, so they might put in the extra effort of building every possible avatar for the scene.

Or that might just be my wishful thinking what is my life

This actually seems to be the case actually. Can't wait to see my F!MU transform a dragon.

The "super saiyan" moment seems to be a very important part of the game, so they might put in the extra effort of building every possible avatar for the scene.

That seems unlikely to me, given the huge number of possible combinations for hairstyles, hair colours and accessories.

That seems unlikely to me, given the huge number of possible combinations for hairstyles, hair colours and accessories.

But it makes you wonder, how could we see the avatar so clearly err kinda blurry I admit, during that "super saiyan" moment? I mean, you definitely see his default build and spunky white hair, so it wouldn't make sense to show this no matter what even if your character happens to be a petite-female with a red ponytail would it?

But it makes you wonder, how could we see the avatar so clearly err kinda blurry I admit, during that "super saiyan" moment? I mean, you definitely see his default build and spunky white hair, so it wouldn't make sense to show this no matter what even if your character happens to be a petite-female with a red ponytail would it?

Maybe if you're one of the two defaults it shows your avatar and if you're not your avatar gets completely obscured