Fire Emblem Fates at Nintendo Treehouse at 4:00 PM PDT?

Dronagon

"If you play as a female character, your helper will be a male character" *conveniently leaves out Joker's name*

I hate to rain on your parade, but what if Gunter ends up being your helper instead?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I need the footage, some of the dialogue went by way too fast...

you can go to their youtube channel and rewind and pause their stream.

Edited by kingddd

Okay, I need the footage, some of the dialogue went by way too fast...

They are usually pretty quick at uploading videos to their YouTube channel. I don't know if this video will take a bit longer due to the technical difficulties, but it should be up.

That, or someone else recorded it and uploaded it in its entirety, I'm sure.

In the part where the presenter playing the game is on the save screen. I see she has 2 different save files after chapter 6 (in chapter 7), which is supposedly after the decision. Each of them have a distinct Hoshido/Nohr Mark to the left side. The chapters, albeit incomplete, have different name for chapter titles. Does this mean anything?

Two possibilities.

1. They have a debug version with all the campaigns built in.

2. There's one version of the game, but you get locked out after choosing.

Apparently, whether you get Joker or Felicia depends on if you play as male or female? Did I hear that right?

I hope that only applies to My Castle. Actually that's pretty terrible, too. That would be pretty idiotic. I don't want to play as the female version just to get Joker. I also have no interest in using Felicia at all.

Why can't it be the player's choice of who they want their assistant to be? I can't understand why they would force a character on the player like that. Just simply give us a choice of who we want.

They are usually pretty quick at uploading videos to their YouTube channel. I don't know if this video will take a bit longer due to the technical difficulties, but it should be up.

actually you can just go to their current live stream right now on their youtube channel and it allows you to rewind and pause anytime you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arFsxZ8QWPM

Another random observation: Felicia is level 1 as opposed to Gunter's level 3 or whatever, but gains experience like an unpromoted unit whereas Gunter's exp gain is classic Jagen rate. Maid confirmed as special class?

It could be they set her internal level to 1, despite being a promoted class. It would help, considering how low her starts are.

I hope that only applies to My Castle. Actually that's pretty terrible, too. That would be pretty idiotic. I don't want to play as the female version just to get Joker. I also have no interest in using Felicia at all.

Why can't it be the player's choice of who they want their assistant to be? I can't understand why they would force a character on the player like that. Just simply give us a choice of who we want.

They said who you start with depends on the gender. So if you chose a male avatar you will still get Joker.

Well that was certainly interesting, though she went through speech too fast for me so need to go back through pausing it at points.

Interesting that they changed Marx to Xander instead of something like Marcus.

It should be up on youtube shortly since all the other gameplays have shown up pretty quick.

As for the Female/Male helper thing, I believe they simply mean you have either Felica or I imagine Joker as your helper for My Castle depending on your gender. Though perhaps there is a bit of story difference too since they showed Felica at start of game and helper of My Castle surely needs to be at start no matter what.

EDIT: Yeah Ninjas above said what I was thinking; Joker/Felica change places in when you get them in story depending on your gender.

Edited by WrightJustice

While it hasn't always stopped localizers before, there already is a Marcus in the series.

Went and rewatched it too, so, we'll see more FE in the next few days?

Edited by L95

Well that was certainly interesting, though she went through speech too fast for me so need to go back through pausing it at points.

I've probably been beaten, but Marcus was already in Blazing Sword ^^

Well he said that the helper at My Castle will change due your gender. Famitsu always said that both of them take care of Kamui, (blue haired maid included ?)

i would feel sad if i couldn't see Joker teasing Felicia's incompetence in the house chores.

And Maid is almost confirmed as a special class since she isn't as strong as a pre promoted unit.

I'm happy if it´s true, i could up Felicia smoothly and no Princes promotion to servant lol

Xander ??? oh dear Naga, Why localise a western name ?? i don't mind whichever the My Unit will be called, i'll just use Kamui anyway

For last, i'm happy to see the original audio ... i really want to have the option to choose the language .... they could still cut it out in the final version

you can go to their youtube channel and rewind and pause their stream.

Thank you, I managed to find it on Twitch, but still I appreciate it.

Thanks as well. As of now it's not on their channel yet.

Also, Marx... Xander I guess, really wasn't shown in a good light in these scenes. Everyone else but ... Corrin was fine, though.

And, all three of Kamui's servants' personal skill is a recolor of the Loptyr icon. Wonder what it does.

Edited by Cysx

They said who you start with depends on the gender. So if you chose a male avatar you will still get Joker.

But I still won't get a choice of who's my assistant in My Castle. I'm forced to have Felicia as my helper since I'm using Male Kamui. It's a small thing, but it's really irritating me that instead of giving me the choice of which assistant to use, they tie it to gender. Hopefully that's just starting off, and I can change it later.

Okay this treehouse footage and a recent tweet by nintendo seen here are confusing me:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/610944740574515200

Is this Birthright and Conquest split actually 2 versions in the west? Like they're still talking as if you choose sides in the prologue and all that instead of choosing by buying the game.

Perhaps it's not exactly choosing a game in the west but you choose a side and then it locks up the other side kind of like "Choose Hoshido or Nohr (Note: You will need to pay extra to unlock the side you don't choose later on)"?

Edited by WrightJustice