Fire Emblem Fates at Nintendo Treehouse at 4:00 PM PDT?

Dronagon

I see a lot of people complaining about the dialogue going too fast, so I'm assuming no one else watched it on Youtube and just paused every time a text box popped up like I did.

Did anyone else catch Kamui apologizing for teasing Leo about his collar? I chuckled a little, especially since Kamui's collar looks FAR worse imo than Leo's.

Also I noticed they said Kamui was imprisoned...I wonder if we just locked up in a room or forbidden from leaving the Castle? I'm guessing the latter.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When the Nohrian siblings come looking for kamui, Hinoka tell them to F off and that Kamui is their brother not yours. I love how Camilla be like "NOPE, Kamui belong to me!".

At that point I was ready to Seal Camilla's fate with my Blade.(Eh? Eh? No? Dammit...)

Well now I've more reason to go against Nohr. The deaths of Elise and Camilla are soon to come. Kukukuku....

Okay this treehouse footage and a recent tweet by nintendo seen here are confusing me:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/610944740574515200

Is this Birthright and Conquest split actually 2 versions in the west? Like they're still talking as if you choose sides in the prologue and all that instead of choosing by buying the game.

Perhaps it's not exactly choosing a game in the west but you choose a side and then it locks up the other side kind of like "Choose Hoshido or Nohr (Note: You will need to pay extra to unlock the side you don't choose later on)"?

Well if you download the games then you actually make a choice at the crossroads point, I'm guessing this is what they meant. The prologue being the bit leading up to that point, though I'm guessing there will still be two separate versions and that depending on which one you pick it'll force you to choose that side. It's just if you download both the Nohr and Hoshidan versions onto your 3DS through e-shop you actually make a choice at that point instead, plus everyone will have to download the third path at some point if they want to play it as there won't be a physical copy so that would also be another option/choice at that point in the game. (people keep talking about a bundled version though which might happen but I'm not sure how it will all work)

Okay, was Rinka=Rinkah necessary? It's like Henri=Henry. And why is it now (Suzu)Kaze?

And what... Marx... Xander? Couldn't we have Max, short for Maximus/Maximilian?

(And if you're wondering, I'm not changing my profile name.)

Okay, was Rinka=Rinkah necessary? It's like Henri=Henry. And why is it now (Suzu)Kaze?

Localization=/=translation.

As for why:

Rinkah is an 'englishified' spelling.

Henri the french spelling of Henry, and it's possible the localizers didn't care about the NoJ name anyway.

Suzu/Kaze is also for ease of pronunciation for people unfamiliar with Japanese

Rinka to Rinkah was not necessary (we didn't get a Ryomah or Hinokah after all...) but I can get behind why they shortened Suzukaze's name to Kaze. Even on this site I've seen several people completely butchering his name (often to something resembling Sasuke), and it's completely understandable since a Japanese name of that length can be difficult for people who don't speak the language.

Makes me wonder if they will shorten Kazahana in a similar way. I hope not, but if they did I guess they'd go with Hana...

I managed to catch part of the Treehouse presentation (thanks Paperblade), and I'm not too fussed about the few changed names that we've seen so far. Changing "Suzukaze" to "Kaze" made me laugh a bit, though, and I'm still calling him Leon. Also, Marx to Xander doesn't bother me at all. At least they both have the most important part of his name in it, the "X".

The game looks pretty great, and it'll be cool when we get to see more stuff. (Of course, if there was anything vital at the beginning of the presentation I initially missed it.)

Edited by Sunwoo

The only thing that kind of bothered me name-wise was the name of the castle... 'Krakenburg'. Other then that I don't really mind much of the changes we've seen.

I am always happy whenever new information is revealed to us, and this has only added gasoline to my hype fire, haha! An interesting thing I noticed was that when Kaze attacked Gunther, Gunther had Felieca support him in battle, but they didn't have any hearts above their heads as we saw happen with Corrin and Felieca. Maybe it's a case of units not being able to support, but it seems odd as they both serve Corrin, so... I don't know, it just feels like they should be able to support one another. The fight between those units happens at 7:37, to those that want to examine it themselves.

HURRAY FOR SOME WESTERN REVEAL!!!

I see a lot of people complaining about the dialogue going too fast, so I'm assuming no one else watched it on Youtube and just paused every time a text box popped up like I did.

Did anyone else catch Kamui apologizing for teasing Leo about his collar? I chuckled a little, especially since Kamui's collar looks FAR worse imo than Leo's.

Also I noticed they said Kamui was imprisoned...I wonder if we just locked up in a room or forbidden from leaving the Castle? I'm guessing the latter.

Caught that; made me laugh as well. Guess the Nohr siblings get along better than I thought, Leon included. Leon should just make fun of Kamui's lack of proper footwear.

Rinka(h) said that she heard rumours of a very sheltered Nohrian prince(ss), though I'm not so sure about them being "imprisoned", so I think the latter is more accurate.

Caught that; made me laugh as well. Guess the Nohr siblings get along better than I thought, Leon included. Leon should just make fun of Kamui's lack of proper footwear.

Rinka(h) said that she heard rumours of a very sheltered Nohrian prince(ss), though I'm not so sure about them being "imprisoned", so I think the latter is more accurate.

Yea, I was wondering what type of relationship Kamui would have with Leon Leo. I thought it might be more tense but they appear to have a playful banter between them. This dialogue made feel worse about betraying the Nohrian siblings in the Hoshido route.

Probably right, it's just that blonde host said Kamui was imprisoned and made it sound like he was more of a prisoner, but I forgot about that Rinkah line. Sheltered's probably more accurate like you said.

Would make perfect sense that Garon would not want Kamui to have any contact with Hoshido people who would know who he/she is.

Not sure if this was mentioned yet: Rinka's mace that we assumed was imbued with fire magic is just an ordinary Bronze Club.

I doubt an ordinary Bronze Club would have magic properties. Is it just a fancy visual effect? Or does Rinka(h) have T3H PH1R3?

Edited by Bovinian

the amount of times they let the jeigan take kills bothered me heavily.

They're obviously misleading new players lol.

Also there's an enemy myrmidon activating Miracle (or something similar) but has no visible skill on his skill slots. I wonder what that's about...

Edited by Ryo

okay i'm sorry but

who thought the name xander was a good idea

like, at least change it to "alexander," so i can stop imagining a 5 month old child rather than a grown man

leo i can understand (as to avoid confusion with fe8's "lyon," i suppose), and i guess "corrin" isn't too bad? but xander.... oh my god.

also, "rinkah." um.

i get that they're trying to keep the sound the same as in the original by adding in the "h," but quite honestly, they could have just added it into the sound bite or something. the "H" seems entirely redundant to me.

edit: glad to see the norse throwbacks are still going strong, though- "Ganglari" is a direct reference to this stuff.

Edited by falcoknights

okay i'm sorry but

like, at least change it to "alexander," so i can stop imagining a 5 month old child rather than a grown man

leo i can understand, and i guess "corrin" isn't too bad? but zander.... oh my god.

also, "rinkah." um.

i get that they're trying to keep the sound the same as in the original by adding in the "h," but quite honestly, they could have just added it into the sound bite or something. the "H" seems entirely redundant to me.

Corrin is the player's inserted name btw, not Kamui's default name.

I am always happy whenever new information is revealed to us, and this has only added gasoline to my hype fire, haha! An interesting thing I noticed was that when Kaze attacked Gunther, Gunther had Felieca support him in battle, but they didn't have any hearts above their heads as we saw happen with Corrin and Felieca. Maybe it's a case of units not being able to support, but it seems odd as they both serve Corrin, so... I don't know, it just feels like they should be able to support one another. The fight between those units happens at 7:37, to those that want to examine it themselves.

I have a VERY STRONG suspicion that Gunther might not make it past the prologue chapters alive. We never see him at all except during certain chapters which one can assume are the first 2 or 3 chapters. He doesn't make an appearance in any of the My Castle or chapter maps which happen post split that we've seen, unless I'm seriously mistaken. If he can't even support with Felicia, then...

okay i'm sorry but

leo i can understand (as to avoid confusion with fe8's "lyon," i suppose), and i guess "corrin" isn't too bad? but xander.... oh my god.

"Nosferatu" was originally the name for a vampire in an old novel. So... Kamui needs Xander to help him be a proper vampire slayer.

I'll show myself out now.

Edited by Sky Soldier

One idea came to mind when I saw Garon using magic. From what I've read, he also uses an axe, but no class other than Dread Fighter has used those two weapon types together. What kind of class could he be?

Probably one of many new classes.

Not sure if this was mentioned yet: Rinka's mace that we assumed was imbued with fire magic is just an ordinary Bronze Club.

I doubt an ordinary Bronze Club would have magic properties. Is it just a fancy visual effect? Or does Rinka(h) have T3H PH1R3?

On a similar note, Felicia's kunai's were imbued with ice magic while being ordinary iron kunai. I also didn't see them negatively affect Rinkah's stats. Do they actually have to damage enemies to affect stats?

They're obviously misleading new players lol.

Also there's an enemy myrmidon activating Miracle (or something similar) but has no visible skill on his skill slots. I wonder what that's about...

Noticed that too, was disappointed in her tactics lol.

And I think that was Kaze's skill Miracle Save, which I'm guessin is a trigger skill that works like Miracle but on a partner.

"Nosferatu" was originally the name for a vampire in an old novel. So... Kamui needs Xander to help him be a proper vampire slayer.

I'll show myself out now.

Haha, the first thing I thought about after seeing the name was THAT Xander lol

Edited by Ryo

didn't the person say that the name was completely customizable, but to "make her life easier" she kept it as corrin though?

Right, I missed that part. Never mind then.