Treehouse Day 1 Analysis

VincentASM

Later than planned; here's my report of the Treehouse coverage, for those interested.

Some highlights:

During this time, we’re told that the castle helper–who you go to to create buildings etc.–depends on the Avatar’s gender. If the Avatar is male, it’s Felicia; otherwise it’s likely Joker (who isn’t named).

When speaking to your helper, the following options are available: Buildings, Castle settings, Supporter list, Save and Next battlefield.

Within “Castle settings”, you can adjust its: Appearance (castle’s exterior and terrain), Music, Helper and Name. So fans who don’t want Felicia or Joker managing their affairs can relax!

To finish off, we get to witness an exciting StreetPass Battle that takes place in the opposing player’s My Castle.

Before entering the battle, you can adjust your Communication settings by interacting with the Crystal Orb at the back of the castle.

The settings include: Update data, Visit castle, Bonus Box, My Team, Communication exchange/battle, Amiibo, Link bonus and Communication settings/information.

According to Nintendo’s fact sheet, Fates is 1-player, so “Communication exchange/battle” is a bit of a mystery. “Link bonus” too–is this possibly related to connectivity with Awakening?

Dat Camilla personality.

She locked my route from day 1, and the lock has been enhanced with reinforced steel door now. Nothing can get in now.

Now all we need is marriage.

Dat Camilla personality.

She locked my route from day 1, and the lock has been enhanced with reinforced steel door now. Nothing can get in now.

Now all we need is marriage.

Given how popular marriage was in the last game, and they have more questionable activities like face rubbing (I don't mind it personally, but I know a lot of other people take great issue with it), so there's no reason why marriage won't return.

They did say they'll be playing Fire Emblem again today and tomorrow, but I wonder what the timeframes will be. Ah well, I'm not too worried if I miss it, I sure someone here will write all about it!

I gotta admit though, I was a little disappointed they only showed 1 full chapter. Maybe they'll do one from the Hoshido side today?

First thing first, thank you !

Eh, let's hope that Corrin will not be Kamui's name in the American version. Or European. Or French. It reminds or colin, the fish... apparently called hake in english. Still disturbing.

Edited by B.Leu

First thing first, thank you !

Eh, let's hope that Corrin will not be Kamui's name in the American version. Or European. Or French. It reminds or colin, the fish... apparently called hake in english. Still disturbing.

I believe she said she named Kamui Corrin because "it was easier" or something like that, right? It definitely doesn't sound like it's Kamui's default name...maybe it's hers?

WEDNESDAY (June 17)

[spoiler=here]9:55 AM PT:Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 - Day 2
10:45 AM PT:Treehouse plays: Yoshi’s Woolly World with Mr. Tezuka
1:45 PM PT:Treehouse plays: Fast Racing Neo
3:10 PM PT:Treehouse plays: Xenoblade Chronicles X
* Additional times to be added

Here is what we have for today, but it´s early to rage, the schedule always change during the Treehouse streaming.
Edited by ichikawa

WEDNESDAY (June 17)

[spoiler=here]9:55 AM PT:Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 - Day 2

10:45 AM PT:Treehouse plays: Yoshi’s Woolly World with Mr. Tezuka

1:45 PM PT:Treehouse plays: Fast Racing Neo

3:10 PM PT:Treehouse plays: Xenoblade Chronicles X

* Additional times to be added

Here is what we have for today, but it´s early to rage, the schedule always change during the Treehouse streaming.

I will still rage over the fact that I can see it live and witness the joys of the twitch chat because I'll probably be sleeping...

oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait for nintendo to post it on youtube or something if they decide to stream the game again.

Thank you Vincent for the work you are doing this days. Can't wait to see those 10 Famitsu pages.

Anyway, the Treehouse schedule doesn't mention Fire Emblem for now. If that changes, I'll edit this post.

Her name is Audrey Drake (formerly of IGN), so it isn't.

The one who gave Awakening that ridiculous 9.6 right before she left and made me swear off IGN...

Anyways, great analysis as always, Vincent! I'm glad we're not locked to Felecia or Joker as our "helpers".

I will still rage over the fact that I can see it live and witness the joys of the twitch chat because I'll probably be sleeping...

oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait for nintendo to post it on youtube or something if they decide to stream the game again.

shit happens D:

but yea, you can always see in youtube

Since the one playing the game skips a lot of the dialogue, I made screenshots of all the dialogue in Fire Emblem: Fates during the Treehouse showcase.

I uploaded them to imgur in three parts. I wanted to put them in a zip file and add them as an attachment...but the zip file was too large... ^^;

Screenshot links:

http://imgur.com/a/SMf0a(1/3)

http://imgur.com/a/GrOei(2/3)

https://imgur.com/a/Df22T(3/3)