Fire Emblem Fates Available for Pre-Order!

Ema Skye

Amazon.com (US): http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Emblem-Fates-3DS/dp/B00ZS1SRO2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434567665&sr=8-1&keywords=fire+emblem+fates

Amazon.ca (CAN): http://www.amazon.ca/Fire-Emblem-Fates-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00SHFGJYG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434567692&sr=8-1&keywords=fire+emblem+fates

(If other countries want to post their amazon listings, I'll add them to the OP as a PSA)

In addition to serving as a PSA that you can order the games right now, I'm curious about the actual listing. The listing makes no mention of Birthright, Conquest, Hoshido or Nohr. So what actually are people buying? Both games in a 2-for-1? Are news sites wrong and there's just one version? Is this the special edition? Some other thingamajig?

Thoughts? I placed my pre-order a few minutes ago. I don't really care which version I get (prefer Nohr but I'm not going to hate Hoshido) so I don't really have much to lose.

¨This item will be released on December 31, 2016.¨

It's a placeholder date, which has just as much factual value as raw 2016 release date.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Edited by Duke

Question: Is Amazon good with preorders? I usually pre-order with GameStop, and they're always late.

I'd say I've had a 50% success of Amazon getting my games to me on release date. Usually if they're late its here within the next two days. Splatoon showed up right on time for example.

I think I will just wait until I know more about the version the US is getting and until GameStop has it up for preorder. Amazon has a bad habit of doing this with big name games, last E3 they put up Zelda U and X for preorder even though neither one had a release date and were not slated for release last year, the good thing is that they won't charge you until the game comes out.

In addition to serving as a PSA that you can order the games right now, I'm curious about the actual listing. The listing makes no mention of Birthright, Conquest, Hoshido or Nohr. So what actually are people buying? Both games in a 2-for-1? Are news sites wrong and there's just one version? Is this the special edition? Some other thingamajig?

Thoughts? I placed my pre-order a few minutes ago. I don't really care which version I get (prefer Nohr but I'm not going to hate Hoshido) so I don't really have much to lose.

Amazon will probably update their site as Nintendo releases more info. It would be cool if both versions were included on one game card, but I kind of doubt it.

Edited by Silver Pegasus

That is rather strange. Not going to get my hopes up though, as much as I'd like to be able to just buy the whole thing at once for some reason game companies think that a customer paying the same amount of money for a physical copy is somehow less profitable than making them pay the same amount in two separate instalments.

I imagine preordering now will have no meaning at all. The games are likely going to be split and their real stock is undetermined. In other words, your pre-order will be canceled when the actual product is listed, instead of this placeholder.

Interestingly enough, Fates is also available for pre-order through Game Mania (a Dutch gaming company). They have two versions available, Dark Knight Kingdom and White Knight Kingdom. No price or date, but apparently preordering gives you access to "exclusive deals". They also each have reviews already, though that's probably just from people accidentally clicking the stars. :p

Personally, I'm waiting to pre-order to see if we'll get a special edition like Japan's with all 3 paths.

¨This item will be released on December 31, 2016.¨

That scared me for about five seconds, then I realized it was a placeholder date.

.__.

Edited by Sumia

Only on Amazon? I like to preorder from GameStop since it's extremely close to me. I can actually walk there. :(

Also, Amazon's page doesn't say which version you're buying from them. I don't want both.

Edited by Anacybele

I work for a vendor company that goes into Walmart every Tuesday for "launch day" to make sure new titles are on display. New games are supposed to hit the shelves on Tuesday except for special occasions like last week when Lego Jurassic World was released on a Friday along with the movie.

I work for a vendor company that goes into Walmart every Tuesday for "launch day" to make sure new titles are on display. New games are supposed to hit the shelves on Tuesday except for special occasions like last week when Lego Jurassic World was released on a Friday along with the movie.

Well, I'm recalling plenty of games that were released on a Sunday or Friday here. Both versions of Smash Bros. 4 were released on a Friday, for instance. Pokemon has been released on Fridays lately too. I believe Zelda: Skyward Sword and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds were on Sundays.

In fact, Friday is starting to become more common than Sunday. I recall that the opposite was true before that.

Also, Amazon's page doesn't say which version you're buying from them. I don't want both.

This is partially why I made the thread.

If there's two versions, there should be two listings, right? They'd have different UPC numbers, which requires different listings.