Ryoma Discussion Thread

Anacybele

Xander's localized name could be derived as a shortened version of Alexander the Great, King of ancient Macedon. That idea, alone, makes it great.

....Even if such a name like Alexander sounds basic, in comparison to Marx imo

Then they should have called him Alexander. I think id be ok with that. Xander...well...*sigh* incoming endless Buffy jokes. *gag*

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryouma is great. Better then Xander, in my opinion. But he'll never replace Hinoka, no matter how hard you may try to convince me. I like the Hoshidan siblings more in general. Takumi has a realistic reaction towards you, Sakura is very cute, and Hinoka is perfect. Ryouma seems to genuinely care about you, more so then Xander does although the latter grew up with you.

His hair is just wavy at the ends. My hair is the same way. Especially when I have it cut shoulder length. The shorter, the more wavy.

Yeah, but not THAT wavy. I've never in my life seen a guy with hair like Xander's. xP

Anyway, I just remembered: Ryoma asks to wash your back in the hotspring! Yes, yes you may, Ryo-Ryo. x3

I...have literally no opinion on Ryouma. It's almost like he doesn't exist to me.

I just find him so unappealing that I end up looking over him to look at all of the other characters instead.

I actually forgot his name for a moment, and I had to look at a picture to remember who he is.

>_>

Sadly, I must agree that I've got hardly no opinion of him; he's supposed to be the most important sibling together with Xander, but the other princes and princesses get far more time in the spotlight. I'm by far most interested in Takumi at this point.

He does offer to wash your back though, so maybe I can forgive the lobster armor.

I am really interested how he is going to develop as a character and how he will bond with Kamui who sees him as a stranger at first.

I have to admit he looks really cool to me (even if his hair reminds me of Sonic XD) and I generally like big brother figures. Let's hope I don't have to kill him..hehe..

I actually find Ryouma to be the least interesting of the four Hoshidan siblings. He's still cool and I certainly don't dislike him, but he just doesn't really stand out to me and I find his little brother (Takumi, not male Kamui) far more interesting. That's what I would call ironic.

Ryoma's the only Hoshidan sibling that I really like. (Hinoka is meh to me, and I dislike Sakura and Takumi, but Ryoma seems really cool and to be a good guy) Not that it'll save him in the end though.

Have to agree with you there. Ryoma is the only main dude on the Hoshido that I like so far, the rest look meh...

I haven't found anyone yet that dislikes him? I'm kinda indifferent to him but he seems like a good bro. Ryouma kinda does look like a lobster...but that gives everyone more of a reason to like him c;

I think out of all the siblings he's my least favourite. What we know about his personality doesn't interest me whatsoever, and his design isn't clicking with me. I'm also not fussed on the Myrmidon/Swordmaster/Samurai/Trueblade characters from previous FE games either (except for Rutger), so he's not winning points there. He has the potential to be interesting, but nothing sticks out to me right now

Edited by DodgeDusk

I haven't found anyone yet that dislikes him? I'm kinda indifferent to him but he seems like a good bro. Ryouma kinda does look like a lobster...but that gives everyone more of a reason to like him c;

A few people just said they don't like him. xP

Oh well, I still love him anyway! ^^

I wonder what his child will look like XD

I don't know but I really hope he calls her shrimp affectionately. And for some reason I'm automatically assuming he'll have a daughter and not a son.

I like Ryoma though. I'll admit Marx/Xander appealed to me more immediately, but Ryoma has grown on me enormously since then. His English voice especially is... damn.

"Shrimp" isn't really used as an affectionate term... I wouldn't want Ryoma calling his kid that. If he has one. It doesn't appear anymore that the leaks about the marriage/children system returning are fake, but we still don't know who can and can't have kids.

I just felt like spreading a little Hoshido love with my favorite FE Fates bro...

Also, I just thought of a good Ryoma joke due to the recent leaks! What do you call a relationship with him as one half of the couple?

A Ryomance.

Hee hee hee.

Edited by Anacybele