Working on reviving some old sprites I had lying around...

metalflygon08

i feel like the swipe down could be a bit more extended and his sword arm could be longer in general.

but aside from that its looking really good. You've got loads of potential!

Something looks really weird about his crouching frames, especially noticeable in this one. p4BayhD.png He looks like he has an upper body but no lower body, and he looks like he's doing the splits. I get the sorta crouching pose thing he's doing, but it just doesn't read well here. I think his knee needs to be slimmed up and brought in closer to his body, right now it just doesn't look right. His head seems a little tall too. The animation is really cool overall though!

m5W620c.gif

tried making it so he stands up more when he raises his arm, the idle frame is supposed to look compressed though, I guess the perspective does not work so well when working in such a small space, but it's supposed to be like he's squatting and we can see his head and tops of the shoulders.

EDIT

bnzgyb7.png

Also, which color pallets look best? 1, 2, 3, or 4?

Edited by metalflygon08

I know it's the idle, but I don't know if you chose the best pose for showcasing the colour palettes, I can't really tell what colour their shirts are. Loving your work, good battle sprites always excite me.

Breath of Fiiiiireeee? No? Oki ;w;

Sweet animation. ^^ The thigh seems super-skinny and not foreshortened when he raises his hand, but all in all I really like it, solid work~ Red/Red, Blue/Blue, and Red/Black look best imo, the others seem a bit more confusing as to whose side they're really on.

• 2 months later...

OK... Obviously this thread hasn't been updated since the summer, but this is some really nice work I had not seen.(Can we consider it a stretch of the three month for creative threads? :o)

Damn flygon. Nice stuff! (Come back! ;-;)

Only complaint I would have with the Ninja is that it could maybe be slightly reduced in the length of some of the limbs like the legs/arms to fit the other FE sprites atad more?

Super cool concept and Animation though bud!

...that pirate make me want to revamp the two axes version to be a promotion called Corsair. I like the thought of going one axe to two... Or Berserker. ;)

Liking those reskins, and that new Mage/shaman/magic user is very cool too!

Great stuff. Hopefully we will see some more soon. ;)

Edited by TheErrantShepherd