Topic of Marriage, Supports, and Children.

UnknownUber

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harold Camilla is just why

It's so bad that it's hilarious. At the least, I like it to some degree because I can imagine Azura shooting him her coldest, "I'm so done with this BS" look.

On a separate note, how is Takumi/Elise? I'm thinking of marrying them on an IK runthrough, so I don't want to spoil their supports... but if it's bad, I'd rather avoid it.

It's so bad that it's hilarious. At the least, I like it to some degree because I can imagine Azura shooting him her coldest, "I'm so done with this BS" look.

On a separate note, how is Takumi/Elise? I'm thinking of marrying them on an IK runthrough, so I don't want to spoil their supports... but if it's bad, I'd rather avoid it.

It's, well, the C-A wasn't godawful but it wasn't like, substantial either, and the chemistry wasn't really there. The S made it seem like Elise didn't really understand the implications of marriage (whereas she does in some other supports, so she's either trolling him or the game can't make up their mind about her) so it's like ?????????

I didn't like it but I guess it's not like, downright godawful like some

//glares at the entirety of AsamaxKagerou and Joker x Rinka S

It's, well, the C-A wasn't godawful but it wasn't like, substantial either, and the chemistry wasn't really there. The S made it seem like Elise didn't really understand the implications of marriage (whereas she does in some other supports, so she's either trolling him or the game can't make up their mind about her) so it's like ?????????

I didn't like it but I guess it's not like, downright godawful like some

//glares at the entirety of AsamaxKagerou and Joker x Rinka S

Oh okay, thanks. I guess I'll still go through with it, but I won't expect too much... tbh, I haven't really seen a support for Elise that I like yet, so I can't say I'm too surprised to hear this.

I haven't read Jakob/Rinkah, but I'm assuming it's just Jakob being an ass like always.

Oh okay, thanks. I guess I'll still go through with it, but I won't expect too much... tbh, I haven't really seen a support for Elise that I like yet, so I can't say I'm too surprised to hear this.

I haven't read Jakob/Rinkah, but I'm assuming it's just Jakob being an ass like always.

I like Elise x Benoit and Elise x Ryouma. Ryouma's C-A with Elise is one of the cutest things I've read and their S, in contrast to Takumi's, shows Elise actually understanding the concept of marriage. It's unfortunate that both are pairs with such large age gaps; Elise doesn't really have good supports with people closer to her age.

@Jakob x Rinka: pretty much for the C-A, admitted it it was funny but there was no real chemistry, but then the S happened and it was just

so out of character for Rinka that if I was the one writing Rinka, she'd punch him in the face, leave, and there'd be no S support to start with.

I like Elise x Benoit and Elise x Ryouma. Ryouma's C-A with Elise is one of the cutest things I've read and their S, in contrast to Takumi's, shows Elise actually understanding the concept of marriage. It's unfortunate that both are pairs with such large age gaps; Elise doesn't really have good supports with people closer to her age.

@Jakob x Rinka: pretty much for the C-A, admitted it it was funny but there was no real chemistry, but then the S happened and it was just

so out of character for Rinka that if I was the one writing Rinka, she'd punch him in the face, leave, and there'd be no S support to start with.

Oh, I see. Well, I don't have too much of a problem with age gaps, I think... so that's nice to hear. Sucks for Rinkah, though. It seems like she really got the short end of the stick for everything.

Thanks for the response!

Does anybody have Flannel/Belka? That's one of the few untranslated supports left and I've been looking all over the Internet for it.

I bring a translated (not by me) Kaze/Hana support as humble tribute: http://megidoladying.tumblr.com/post/134184654474/suzukaze-and-kazahana-supports-c-s

I really liked that support, it flowed well, felt natural, and you learned about the characters. It's definitely one of Hana's better ones IMO.

Edited by Abvora

I bring a translated (not by me) Kaze/Hana support as humble tribute: http://megidoladying.tumblr.com/post/134184654474/suzukaze-and-kazahana-supports-c-s

I really liked that support, it flowed well, felt natural, and you learned about the characters. It's definitely one of Hana's better ones IMO.

My original ship support is finally translated :D I've jumped ship since then, but this is still pretty good.

Does anybody have Flannel/Belka? That's one of the few untranslated supports left and I've been looking all over the Internet for it.

Wow, this one is pretty good.

Like you said, it really flows well, and the relationship feels natural. Kaze generally has good supports.

I was planning to marry the two, so I'm happy with their support.

I think the consensus for Asama is Elfie. Very great development for the both of them.

You could take a look at Hinoka, as I feel like they're quite unique compared to most other supports. I also took a quick look at Felicia and it's not as much of a trainwreck as you would expect, given their personalities.

Edited by wvype

I loved their support platonic-wise myself, and it gives a nice layer of character expression. Their S rank was horribly rushed imo.

Also shoutout to wvype for the link. I can't tell you how long I've been trying to find Siegbert/Ophelia. [spoiler=Best Support]Siegbert: Is there a charm or spell that could predict the future?

Ophelia: That's probably impossible...unfortunately no magic or sorcery that can predict the future exists in this world. Well, if people came back from the future then you would definitely know...but something like that can't actually happen, right?

Okay, so yeah I guess this is the right thread but uh... it's pretty long and I'm afraid I'll hit a spoiler or something. I already tried a search too, and I think I might just suck at doing those. So I'll just post and ask.

So, what I get on inheritance is that each child gets a maximum of three classes:

(A) Their own class, which is their initial class.
(B) One class from their father.
© One class from their mother.
In this order.
For each parent, you kinda go through a chain, and you keep going down until you hit something the child doesn't already have (skipping Songstress too).
Class A (initial) -> Class B (secondary) -> Alternate A -> Alternate B
If you happen to have no Alternate A (your initial is Rod Knight or something), just skip to Alternate B.
Now, this explains why Joker + Aqua = Shigure (Pegasus Rider, Rod Knight, and Dragon Knight - no Cavalier), but here's the one that's got me raising my eyebrows:
Miko Kamui (female) + Asama
From what I gather, Kanna in this pairing will only get two classes: Nohr Prince and Shugenja.
-> Kanna's personal class is Nohr Prince.
-> Asama goes first and gives him Shugenja.
-> Kamui goes last, but can't give Nohr Prince or Shugenja, and neither have alternate classes. So she passes down nothing.
... That don't seem cool, but it might be what happens? Has anyone tried this, or found some guy somewhere who has and says this happens?
And I'm assuming that other children prefer their father's class over their mother's if it comes down to it? So like...
Dark Mage Kamui (male) + Ophelia
-> Kanna gets Nohr Princess 'cause she's Kanna.
-> Kamui goes next and gives Dark Mage.
-> Ophelia goes last and gives Samurai, I think (which she got from Odin - Dark Mage was her personal, so he passed down Samurai). Or is it whatever she got from her mother?
Last thing about supports is that based on what I've seen, Kanna seems to be an exception in Buddy/Marriage Seal land, and he (or she) will always try to share Kamui's secondary with his A+ and S supports. Is this true, and is whatever Kamui passes down always considered his secondary?
If it is, and his buddy/spouse already has that as his primary, does he go straight for his secondary's alternate (since Nohr Prince/Princess has no alternate)? 'Cause normally, your third class isn't even up for grabs.

Far as I can tell, Kanna's really the exception of the second generation, which is why I'm only wracking my brain for him. Or her.

Edited by CaelK

The way it works for inheritance is this:

Child:

Base class

Father

Mother

So using your examples:

Priestess Female CorrinxAsama

Male Kanna:

Nohr Prince

Priest

Nothing

Dark Mage Male Corrin and Ophelia

Female Kanna:

Nohr Princess

Dark Mage

Samurai

On a sidenote, ZeroxNyx gives Eponine:

Eponine

Outlaw

Dark Mage

Spellcaster

Since Nyx can't pass down either her primary or secondary she gives the counterpart of her primary.

Kanna always inherits Corrin's secondary class.

EDIT: Just double checked, and its still Base, Father, Mother for Female Corrin and Azura, so your example with Asama is correct, Kanna would only have two class sets. If there's a parallel class (like Cavalier:Ninja) he gets three. This also means that Female Kanna ALWAYS has her father's secondary class as her secondary, and Male Kanna's secondary mathces his father's primary.

Edited by riolumaster

EDIT: Just double checked, and its still Base, Father, Mother for Female Corrin and Azura, so your example with Asama is correct, Kanna would only have two class sets. If there's a parallel class (like Cavalier:Ninja) he gets three. This also means that Female Kanna ALWAYS has her father's secondary class as her secondary, and Male Kanna's secondary mathces his father's primary.

Alright, thanks. The last questions I had were about Kanna and Buddy/Marriage Seals.

This site right here says that Kanna (male or female) always shares Kamui's secondary when buddying, so I'm going to assume it's the same for marriage. It's in Japanese, so brace yourself (and the link might look weird in text).

http://www2.pegasusknight.com/wiki/fe14/index.php?%E3%83%A6%E3%83%8B%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%2F%E6%94%AF%E6%8F%B4S%E3%83%BBA%2B%E5%80%99%E8%A3%9C

You can Ctrl-F for カンナ(男) or カンナ(女) if you wanna get there quick. Every single table for A+ supports (支援A+候補) where Kanna is, it says that male Kanna shares his mother's secondary (母の第二兵種), and female Kanna shares her father's secondary (父の第二兵種).

First question I guess... is this blatantly wrong? If not, I got two more.

(1) If this class (Kamui's secondary) is the same as Kanna's buddy's/spouse's initial class, then it goes straight to the alternate version of that class (Kamui's alternate secondary). Does this sound right?

(2) Let's say we got Samurai Kamui (female) + Ryouma, making Male Kanna: Nohr Prince/Samurai/Mercenary. The two possible things I can see are...

-> (a) Wiki as written: Male Kanna's sharing priority is still Samurai first, Mercenary second (Kamui's Class B -> Kamui's Alternate B), even though he actually got Mercenary from Kamui.

-> (b) Someone made an oversight: Male Kanna's sharing priority is Mercenary first, Samurai second (inherited Kamui class -> its alternate), since that's what he actually got from Kamui.

If (a) is true, then for the Miko Kamui + Asama pairing, Kanna still attempts to share Shugenja/Miko since that's what Kamui is, but failing that he can't share anything.

If (b) is true, then for that Miko-mui + Asama pairing, well... Kanna didn't get anything from his mother, so he shares absolutely nothing.

I kinda wanna kick a furry woodland creature right now thinking about this, but I can stay my foot. Can anyone say what's true and what's not?

Edited by CaelK

I think the part about Male Kanna is incorrect. I know that its base, father, mother for all children since there's a picture of Kanna produced from Cavalier Corrin and Silas, with class sets of Nohr Prince, Cavalier, and Ninja. If Female Corrin was an exception, he would have Nohr Prince, Cavalier and Mercenary.

As for sharing priorities, I would assume the secondary class inherited from the father would be passed first, then the tertiary class. Not sure though.

@wyvpe: Ah, thanks a bunch!

That's one of Flannel's better supports, I think. He shows unusual maturity and understanding in the support, and you can even interpret the beginning as him trying to befriend/cheer her up in his own way. It's okay for Belka--not as good as Silas or Kaze or Zero, but her "defrosting" was believable and I really liked her confusion and then acceptance in the A support.

I think the part about Male Kanna is incorrect. I know that its base, father, mother for all children since there's a picture of Kanna produced from Cavalier Corrin and Silas, with class sets of Nohr Prince, Cavalier, and Ninja. If Female Corrin was an exception, he would have Nohr Prince, Cavalier and Mercenary.

As for sharing priorities, I would assume the secondary class inherited from the father would be passed first, then the tertiary class. Not sure though.

Okay, yeah. I think we're good on inheritance, the Cavalier Corrin + Silas (that's his English name? I need to catch up) pairing makes sense to me, and Kanna isn't an exception as far as inheritance goes.

The only thing is it seems the Japanese wiki is saying that when sharing classes with a buddy or spouse (and only then), Kanna is an exception. At least, that's the only way I can reason with it, but then it doesn't say what happens when... the class they list in the table is the same as his buddy's initial. I'm thinking the wiki tables aren't 100% complete, but the missing part - if the same, go to alternate classes - they're assuming you already know to do that. But again, I'm trying to guess how thorough they've been.

Thanks for your help all the same. Given the way I'm gonna be doing my Kamui, though, I don't think I'll be able to test it myself, and I suppose it's not going to matter for me in the end... but it's something I'd still like to know. Getting all this information has been a bit of a pain, really... it's scattered around in many different places. Maybe on the same wiki/domain, but I still have a bunch of tabs open, then I forget what some of them are for.

If anyone else can give a definite yes or no, well... maybe for me, it'll just sate my curiosity, but for someone else, it might clinch their happy family keikaku.

Edited by CaelK

Sorry for beating the dead horse. Just wanted to give actual examples intead of making it seem like speculation. Unfortunately idk about buddy and marriage seals with the children.

You should try making a new topic to find that info instead of posting here. It seems like the pinned topics get less attention than the other ones.