Does the amount of fanservice bother you?

Chiki

565 members have voted

1. 1. Does it bother you?

^^ Uh it seemed to me that she explained her reasoning in the rest of her post which you conveniently seem to have left out. But i agree with her that i don't see how Camilla showing her panties is inherently more offensive then showing that amount of skin in public in general, which people irl do. Plus we have had panty shots and scantily clad girls in FE before Camilla.

Edited by goodperson707

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not offended at all by the sight of some big brests, not at all.

I'm offended by the time that the dev team have put on the works of this kind of things, that it seems to be, for most things shown until now more that half the time spent for the game itself thanks to the re-used assets of the 3d game and some 2d artwork joke insert related..

I don't like rubbing people in a game

I don't like to propose incest in a game even if it's optional

I don't like to rape prisoners or anything that could come from it..

I don't like many things that many people don't like, but i'm not doing a state question because of that.

You are (i'm just pointing you because you are defending this kind of things)

I don't pretend to be on the right side, but the other side pretend to be on it, and that's the blind state i was talking about in particular..

Rubbing is optional, and the odds of it being removed in the American/European version of the game seems pretty likely imo anyways.

Japan is more open to fanservice than Western fans. In fact, the Japanese make quite a profit off of otaku thanks to fanservice and moe. A good businessman is going to do what sells, even if it isn't always the most desirable thing for everyone.

Nohr's side isn't incest, so perhaps you should just stick to that game if the mere existing option bothers you so much.

I never heard about this, but I'm assuming it's not quite as bad as you're making it sound..

So you see nothing wrong with her panty window bottom half?

I'm not saying I'm offended by it, I just think it looks incredibly stupid.

As I said in the lower half of my comment, I see girls wear shorts as short as panties on a regular basis during the Summer.

While I may not particularly approve of wearing clothing that short myself, I don't think that it's something people should freak out over.

I'm not bothered because:

• I abandoned the hope for a more traditional FE game without the Awakening style bullshit a long time ago.
  • I already am aware FE is now IS' and Nintendo's sacrifical lamb to put out for the otaku crowd.
  • The FE I love is dead so might as well enjoy what there is to enjoy.
  • I will most likely enjoy rubbing the sexy and/or cute male characters.
  • And most importantly the gameplay seems good, with actual maps instead of squares filled with tiles that give you more avoid and DEF to add to your numbers.

That said, if you're bothered by Camilla, you should also be bothered by a fuckton of Awakening designs, by Vaida, by Petrine, by Sonya, et cetera.

If I gave a fuck I'd be more bothered by the incest, really.

I really have to wonder if the people who get offended by Camilla's outfit have any social interactions with females at all.

During 100 degree weather, I see girls wearing shorts as short as panties with crop tops or tank tops, and nobody bats an eye at them for the most part.

It's extremely commonplace.

And if it's simply because "well I think a wyvern rider should wear more clothes," I simply find that reasoning silly and sometimes hypocritical as well (when other girls wearing more revealing clothes are mentioned yet it is "justified" for them depending on their class).

... Except its not always 100 degrees and shorts/tank tops aren't commonplace in Nohr.

And how is it hypocritical to criticize a character's design based on class? Camilla rides a dragon swinging an axe at people. You'd think she would wear a pair of pants, at least (think of all the chafing)

^^ Uh it seemed to me that she explained her reasoning in the rest of her post which you conveniently seem to have left out. But i agree with her that i don't see how Camilla showing her panties is inherently more offensive then showing that amount of skin in public in general, which people irl do. Plus we have had panty shots and scantily clad girls in FE before Camilla.

you mean awakening

Rubbing is optional, and the odds of it being removed in the American/European version of the game seems pretty likely imo anyways.

Japan is more open to fanservice than Western fans. In fact, the Japanese make quite a profit off of otaku thanks to fanservice and moe. A good businessman is going to do what sells, even if it isn't always the most desirable thing for everyone.

Nohr's side isn't incest, so perhaps you should just stick to that game if the mere existing option bothers you so much.

I never heard about this, but I'm assuming it's not quite as bad as you're making it sound..

As I said in the lower half of my comment, I see girls wear shorts as short as panties on a regular basis during the Summer.

While I may not particularly approve of wearing clothing that short myself, I don't think that it's something people should freak out over.

IMO they were simply trying too hard to get fan-servicy with Camilla. Her armor is un-functional in so many places and they simply wanted to add panties to a normally armored class.

And there is a huge difference between summer IRL and the FE battlefield

If that's what it takes to keep the series alive, then I can deal with it.

I always admired the series for it's epic scenarios, solid characters, and overall serious athmosphere and from the looks of it, they're clearly stepping away from that.

This is pretty much why I fell in love with Fire Emblem in the first place - grand intrigues & epic battles in a down-to-earth fantasy setting. When Awakening came around I was a bit dissapointed in the general change of tone and a fancier, light-hearted story. On the other hand character development and support convos were a bit stiff before, Awakening vastly improved on that.

So I guess it's a give and take everytime a new entry releases and even if Fates looks like it will have more fanservice the concept of choosing sides and sheer amount of content through three storylines may make up for that.

edit: typos.

Edited by know_naim

It doesn't bother me.

The two things that are a bit weird are skinshipping below the face and incest pairings. Both of those are easily ignored.

Everything else is not a big deal to me, though Camilla's outfit is an atrocity.

Edited by Weebos

No, but it does look stupid.

That said, if you're bothered by Camilla, you should also be bothered by a fuckton of Awakening designs, by Vaida, by Petrine, by Sonya, et cetera.

Don't worry, I have had my problems with previous Fire Emblem designs. Though not the ones you mentioned - Petrine's worst sin is that she has cleavage, but is almost completely armoured and clothed and barely showing skin, so I'm unsure why you would even use her as an example.

Edited by Tryhard

Yes, it bothers me. The game supposedly has a serious story, but it's going to be hard to take any of it seriously knowing that other parts of the game treat its characters like little more than fetish fuel.

This is really the core of it. You can completely refrain from participating in the fanservice elements of the game. But you'll always know it's there. Imagine how differently we would have felt about Lyn as a character if in some side mode you could strip her down to her underwear and grope her while she coos cringe inducing lines about how skilled you are with your hands. It's hard to respect a character or story when you have so much debauchery going on in the background.

Socially it's incest. One doesn't stop being a brother or sister just because they find out they were adopted. Elise and Leon at the very least knew you as a sibling their entire lives.

I'm not bothered because:

• I abandoned the hope for a more traditional FE game without the Awakening style bullshit a long time ago.
  • I already am aware FE is now IS' and Nintendo's sacrifical lamb to put out for the otaku crowd.
  • The FE I love is dead so might as well enjoy what there is to enjoy.
  • I will most likely enjoy rubbing the sexy and/or cute male characters.
  • And most importantly the gameplay seems good, with actual maps instead of squares filled with tiles that give you more avoid and DEF to add to your numbers.

If I gave a fuck I'd be more bothered by the incest, really.

Are you dead inside after be reached this kind of conclusion or are you a master zen?!

If it's the second one, teach me master! :o

I don't like fan service or sexualised content when there's nothing else to go with it. If its part of a larger product and isn't really the central focus of the product then I'm cool with it, I'm an adult I can see something a little racey without my mind being blown. My touchstone on this is Game of Thrones (GoT), it includes massive amounts of boob and sex ... well south park kinda nailed it. But for GoT it comes as an addition to a massive story, complex characters, amazing fight scenes, incredible sets and just everything that is amazing about GoT. I can watch GoT without it causing me to have a conniption fit so yeah I'll be cool with most things.

If FE:Fates is literally all about the my castle stuff then that would bother and disappoint me, but so far the fan service seems to be not part of what i consider the bulk of the game and in fact much of (but not all) the fan service seems to be optional and what I have seen so far doesn't seem to be outside of what other games have done in the past to varying degrees.

So yeah, some bits im ok with, other bits I'll live with.

Edited by Merric

... Except its not always 100 degrees and shorts/tank tops aren't commonplace in Nohr.

And how is it hypocritical to criticize a character's design based on class? Camilla rides a dragon swinging an axe at people. You'd think she would wear a pair of pants, at least (think of all the chafing)

Are you sure about that? Charlotte is practically wearing a bra with shoulder armor, Nyx too has on minimum clothing. Then let's not forget about Rinkah and Orochi over in Hoshido. There are plenty of female characters who don't completely cover up, and there is nothing wrong with it.

It's hypocritical because a good portion of the time, people are whining about simply not liking their outfit for what it is or the assets the character has, yet when you bring up a character that has even less clothing on in comparison, the argument of classes usually because a grasping at straws argument. Not to mention there are other wyvern riders with "questionable" attire for their class.

you mean awakening

IMO they were simply trying too hard to get fan-servicy with Camilla. Her armor is un-functional in so many places and they simply wanted to add panties to a normally armored class.

And there is a huge difference between summer IRL and the FE battlefield

Her armor is almost the same as Cherche's, except Cherche shows skin on her back upper half instead of wearing a v-neck.

The bottom halves are quite similar in terms of length and leg exposure.

you mean awakening

I mean the tellius games actually, you know the first games with the capabilities to get a view of the panties due to using models not sprites which had one charecter who weh in the right class showed hers off in near every battle. And the scantly clad part goes back much farther than tellius, kinda Unrelated but don't get me started on the bare legs as no game in the entire series is without a partly bare legged rider.

Socially it's incest. One doesn't stop being a brother or sister just because they find out they were adopted. Elise and Leon at the very least knew you as a sibling their entire lives.

I have actually heard of people who weren't related but grew up under the same roof entering a romantic relationship together when they got older.

We've already had plenty of discussion about Camilla.

Why don't we talk about the new mechanics instead? What do you guys think of the rubbing?

I wish chest rubbing was an option. It would be even funnier, and truth be told the reception it would receive would be just as equally amusing.

I wish chest rubbing was an option. It would be even funnier, and truth be told the reception it would receive would be just as equally amusing.

Ermmm...

It is an option.

No, but it does look stupid.

Don't worry, I have had my problems with previous Fire Emblem designs. Though not the ones you mentioned - Petrine's worst sin is that she has cleavage, but is almost completely armoured and clothed and barely showing skin, so I'm unsure why you would even use her as an example.

Yea I mentioned those because they show cleavage like Camilla.

Vaida would be the best example because she shows cleavage and legs while being a Wyvern Lord, then Milady would also count because she has a skirt and is also a Wyvern Rider. I personally don't have problems with those designs.

I have my gripes with Camilla's design but they are not tied to its sexuality... it's because her armor looks so ugly.

Anyway, thinking about it, I'm kinda sad the game is either super depressing or super sexy and happy. Like wtf, decide your tone and die trying.

Ermmm...

It is an option.

I must have missed that bit of news. That's hilarious!

Well, I'm willing to bet money that won't make it in the English version of the game.

Then I wish crotch rubbing was an option, or is it?

Does it me bother hell no as long as I can wifu with Camilla I am cool :). But on a real note why should I be bother do we as people be bother when an female is an ad for some underwear at Victoria secret on TV or when Hardeys uses an female to advertise their bugers. like really people are going to buy fast food they don't need a hot model for that, but I ain't complaining. Another one when they advertise condoms or improve sex recommendations I done get offended by that so why should I be put off with a female showing off her body. ;)

Edited by mikethepokemaster