Persona Q

Radiant head

Anyone have this game, and so, is it worth 50 dollars?

I'm a fan of Persona 3 and 4, but I'm not necessarily a fan of how Altus has milked the hell out of them, and I have yet to play any of the spinoffs. With a game like P4, I would in hindsight totally be okay with spending a lot of money on it, because I've sinked 100+ hours into it, but I don't know how this spinoff compares.

I've got no interest in the other fighting and dancing games, but this one at least looks like a cool dungeon crawler. Though I have yet to even play Etrian Odyssey.

So yeah, any thoughts?

The game's combat is pretty good and the first two dungeons are really solid the last two though have some pretty ridiculous puzzles that because of a gameplay element aren't the kinds of things you can just sit and think through for two long I enjoy the portrayal's of the characters a lot and the side quests are good fun all in all as a Persona fan I'm glad I got the game but, it certainly has some issues towards the endgame.

I have it, its alright, 90% fanservice, and sometimes I feel like the characters didn't act very 'canon.'

However, the gameplay was very difficult and enjoyable.

Its safe to think of this game as a 'skin' for a Etrian Oddyssey game.

The game's combat is pretty good and the first two dungeons are really solid the last two though have some pretty ridiculous puzzles that because of a gameplay element aren't the kinds of things you can just sit and think through for two long I enjoy the portrayal's of the characters a lot and the side quests are good fun all in all as a Persona fan I'm glad I got the game but, it certainly has some issues towards the endgame.

I agree, towards the end the puzzles get more frustrating than fun.

Well that sounds pretty good.

If only I could somehow know if there is going to be a sale in the future. SMT IV and DS Overclocked are steals, but since Persona is sort of Altus's flagship, I guess it's less likely to go that way.

Edited by Radiant head

Maybe in the further future. They did a recent 50% sale on Etrian Odyssey Untold and did mini sales on the SMT. Also on PSN, they did sales for Persona Ultimax and the DLC as well as the other Persona games (Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment specifically).

I guess I would check eShop on occasion and Nintendo's website's offers section.

What is the skill system in persona q like? I've only played a bit of persona. Is it similar to smt iv's system or desu's system where you get abilities from allied or enemy demons? Do you have a persona assigned to you that learns skills as you level up? Does it use etrian odyssey's system where you put skill points into different skills for each character?