Question Regarding the amiibo (possible spoilers?)

Ben14

Man, Robin's animations look so slick, like it reflects his maturation into a grandmaster. Just look at the guy turning away and closing his eyes. Definitely looking forward to using them, if I can just get my hands on Ike, Lucina and Robin.

I hope Roy gets patched in too. That would complete the group in my opinion.

Also, I just heard from anothr thread that you can get the Amiibo characters from the Amiibo FE cards. I'm thinking that 4 cards would be easier to import over 4 hard to find Amiibo.

It's fairly easy to get Japanese imports of those 4 amiibos due to them all being rereleased over there to coincide with Fates release.

Nice, hopefully we in the US and the EU will have that as well.

After they join your party, they become basically standard "extra" units. So, yes, you can use them in the story or skirmishes.

Each one adds an extra chapter too, which is the battle against them (and some grunts), with unique battle bgm too for them, which you need to beat to actually make them join. It's in this battle that Robin and Lucina have special conversations with the 3 returning Awakening characters.

They have their own unique models, classes, weapons (well, besides Robin, I guess) and VA for battles. They add an unique accessory like said above, and they have lines for some My Castle content, but don't have full access to it - they can't appear in anything support/bond related and are mostly limited to the stores. Also, oddly, they don't have lines for level ups.

They have no supports and we still don't know if they can free class change to make up for that though, so I don't know how viable they really are.

Robin does have a unique weapon. Book of Thoron apparently.

I know that this is slightley off-topic but any word as to when the 3DS amiibo reader will be released stateside?

The NFC adapter for the old 3DS systems is going to be released in America this fall. It's to coincide with the release of Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer -- the physical copies come with the adapter bundled though I'm sure the adapter can be bought separately.

The NFC adapter for the old 3DS systems is going to be released in America this fall. It's to coincide with the release of Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer -- the physical copies come with the adapter bundled though I'm sure the adapter can be bought separately.

Thanks. Yeah I hope thats the case. I really want to use my FE amiibos with this without having to invest in a "new 3ds"

Edited by LordTaco42

Seeing how cool the amiibo units are makes me wish they were kind of like the spotpass units and could support with only the avatar or something lol.

Then folks will complain that Nintendo are preventing them from getting 100% supports because they don't have the amiibos.

Really this amiibo thing. They implement something with them, they get shit for doing that. They don't implement something with them, they get shit for that. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.