Full world map* + unrelated minor lore spoilers

VincentASM

Ta-da

[spoiler=* (story spoilers)]Missing the 3rd route, I believe.

Anyone know whereabouts you go?

Hmm, that stretch of land to the north-east really reminds me of Tellius, but it's hard to tell since the map is cut off. Either way, I love how there's unexplored land...

Something unrelated:

[spoiler=Timeline tidbit]In Odin and Ophelia's support (which somebody mentioned and I checked), Odin mentions how in the distant future, the (first) Exalt slays an evil dragon (aka Grima). So Fates takes place earlier than Awakening.

Plus "distant future" means it's probably not just a few decades.

Wow, this is beautiful. A shame if isn't accessible in the Nohr route (?). Thanks for sharing.

It's probably seen in the Nohr route only for the sake of storytelling.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Ta-da

[spoiler=* (story spoilers)]Missing the 3rd route, I believe.

Anyone know whereabouts you go?

Hmm, that stretch of land to the north-east really reminds me of Tellius, but it's hard to tell since the map is cut off. Either way, I love how there's unexplored land...

Something unrelated:

[spoiler=Timeline tidbit]In Odin and Ophelia's support (which somebody mentioned and I checked), Odin mentions how in the distant future, the (first) Exalt slays an evil dragon (aka Grima). So Fates takes place earlier than Awakening.

Plus "distant future" means it's probably not just a few decades.

Any chance you can make a version of this map that gives approximate locations of the different chapters?

Maybe it's just me, but I can't really see Tellius in the NE.

Also,

I like the fact that this game takes place in the same world as Awakening, and by extension FEs 1-5. Don't really like the idea of alternate worlds. It just feels shoehorned in if it's mentioned ingame that they exist and can travel to them. I'm just hoping that IS finds some way to connect the other games in the same world as well.

As I recall, Nohr is the left side to the right of the shadow area the pit crater looking one, and Hoshido is to the right side of the mountain range where lot of roads meet.

Assuming from a spoiler screenshot of 3rd route, I have to assume the Invisible Kingdom is the mountain range's core.

Would that be correct?

That's not a shadow. It's clearly just a regular everyday lake. Filled to the brim with oil. I blame BP.

It does have a very purple tinge to it though.

Maybe it's a magic lake.

It does have a very purple tinge to it though.

Maybe it's a magic lake.

Full of purple sugar and magical dream where people sleep for eternity.

Any chance you can make a version of this map that gives approximate locations of the different chapters?

Also,

I like the fact that this game takes place in the same world as Awakening, and by extension FEs 1-5. Don't really like the idea of alternate worlds. It just feels shoehorned in if it's mentioned ingame that they exist and can travel to them. I'm just hoping that IS finds some way to connect the other games in the same world as well.

Yeah, that's why I'm asking : P

If anyone can gather Miiverse, capture or video stream screenshots of places on the map, I can try my best to piece them together.

Also, I meant the world looks a bit like Tellius because of the land stretching to the NE. I don't think the shape is the same though.

Also,

Which would be fine if the Outrealm Gate didn't exist and allowed for that, including allowing one to go to an alternate future in Future Past. Not to mention the same problem fans can have with them all taking place in the same world, especially when the world is always in danger from some ancient evil that has apparently existed for ages but never mentioned until the game it appears in. There's also the Dragon's Gate from Elibe.

Plus how the children of Fates are kept in their own secluded dimension where time fluctuated differently, allowing the kids to grow. Not to mention the My Castle. And the conflicting viewpoints of Odin and Lazwald in their A support, which talks about the world of Fates as if it's a dream and not real while the one they come from is real.

Basically conflicting info from the same sources.

Then again, Odin could be embellishing events for his daughter.

Time travel may be slightly more believable in his eyes than actual travel between different worlds.

Edited by JupiterKnight

Then Tharja reincarnated back in time? Robin too? How does that work? A entirely different Fire Emblem from the Shield of Seal mean this is even way before Anri's time hell potentially before even Naga is born. So that distance future is very very distance.

Edited by Awakener_

Reincarnation can be a weird, tricky business you don't ever want to try to full comprehend. It's like time travel in how convoluted it can get. Including how reincarnations somehow transcend time travel, not to mention you reincarnate from one world into the past of another. I mean look at Matoi, who on the third route can be the daughter of Luna, essentially making Cordelia her own granddaughter if the reincarnation is true! That's just a taste of how convoluted reincarnation can get!

If Fates takes place in Archanea pre-Schism, then the retcons made in Awakening will look like dust gently swept under the rug in comparison. I truly hope that is not the case.

So any word on what continent Nohr and Hoshido is on?

I'm a bit curious about this myself. We know about Hoshido and Nohr, but not the overall name of the land in which they live, which has been known in every Fire Emblem.

Then again, Odin could be embellishing events for his daughter.

Time travel may be slightly more believable in his eyes than actual travel between different worlds.

Thinking about it a bit, I don't think time travel in this instance isn't entirely out of the question for a couple of reasons.

1. Naga sent the kids through time once before. Who's to say it can't happen again?

If you'll recall FE3/12, something that Xane mentions that happened in their world is that some "event" occurred, that caused Manakete to go berserk if they remained in Dragon form in their world. Kamui transforms into a dragon early in the game in his rage. What happens? He goes berserk.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

This map screams "China" to me. Still I think we're looking at something completely unrelated to anything else. Though it does look kinda similar to Tellius..

I want to know the continent's name too... Strange they never mentioned it.

Also, this post has a translation of the ancient texts in My Castle.

There are story spoilers (for the 3rd route too), but in particular the texts about "people and dragons" sound very similar to the dragons going berserk theme in Archanea and Elibe.

Except this time the dragons escaped insanity by becoming spirits. Kinda like Naga in Awakening, I guess?

I want to know the continent's name too... Strange they never mentioned it.

Also, this post has a translation of the ancient texts in My Castle.

There are story spoilers (for the 3rd route too), but in particular the texts about "people and dragons" sound very similar to the dragons going berserk theme in Archanea and Elibe.

Except this time the dragons escaped insanity by becoming spirits. Kinda like Naga in Awakening, I guess?

They never went berserk in Elibe. IIRC, it became incredibly energy-exhaustive for Manakete to remain in dragon form, which led to them sealing their power in Dragonstones. Still, the berserk thing at least makes it clear this occurs in Awakening's timeline.