No voices in support conversations?

Taka-kun

So just watched this video of Kamui/Felicia S-rank and I noticed, there are no voices during the conversation. Is this a fluke or is the whole game like this?

I think the entire game is like this ; m ;

haven't seen any settings that enable // disable it, and no voices is default, sooo

I guess they want players to focus on background music ? ; u ;

tbh i'm incredibly disappointed sighs

Edited by mimasho

Oh well.

It's how older Fire Emblem games went so it's not entirely unfamiliar. It's not like those random lines really served much purpose anyway.

If I say I like the voice acting, will I be labeled a weeaboo (or whatever it's called) then?

If I say I like the voice acting, will I be labeled a weeaboo (or whatever it's called) then?

No, I don't think so.

I'm just saying personally that I think support conversations might be best left silent if they're not going to fully voice them. I liked Awakening's voice acting, but the random lines often had no relevance to what the characters were talking about.

No, I don't think so.

I'm just saying personally that I think support conversations might be best left silent if they're not going to fully voice them. I liked Awakening's voice acting, but the random lines often had no relevance to what the characters were talking about.

I was actually thinking that you don't really hear much of the character's voice outside of the story and the amie lines (which you can only get once per day?). There are times I just open Awakening and play the support library, enjoying the voice acting as well.

That's... not good.

Awakening's random lines were a major distraction when trying to read so it didn't take long for me to silence them. However the game also removed the mouth and eye movements and letter noises from past games. So unless I missed something, now it apparently doesn't have anything during dialogue.

Edited by BrightBow

That's... not good.

Awakening's random lines were a major distraction when trying to read so it didn't take long for me to silence them. However the game also removed the mouth and eye movements and letter noises from past games. So now it apparently doesn't have anything during dialogue.

Of course, the main reason they don't have a full dub is probably the Avatar name.

I think I saw mouth and eye movement? And blushing? Else I am mistaken in what you mean.

I would say the main reason is the cost, as FE has a humongous cast and it would be time-consuming and cost-consuming. The name isn't that much of a problem, they could just do like the Persona games and say the full sentence but not the name or replace the name with something generic (which is easier in Japanese than in English I admit).

I think I saw mouth and eye movement? And blushing? Else I am mistaken in what you mean.

I would say the main reason is the cost, as FE has a humongous cast and it would be time-consuming and cost-consuming. The name isn't that much of a problem, they could just do like the Persona games and say the full sentence but not the name or replace the name with something generic (which is easier in Japanese than in English I admit).

By mouth and eye movement, I believe BrightBow was referring to the fact that in previous games, characters would blink and their mouth's would move when they spoke, unlike the 3DS games where they just change to a different static portrait depending on what they're saying.

Well, Awakening and If always display a full box of text at once. And while it might change portraits with each box, the portraits themselves have no animation.

In the previous games, text was displayed letter by letter (at least by default), each letter being accompanied by a noise and characters moved their mouths and would sometimes close their eyes until the text was fully displayed (and they would occasionally blink when the player doesn't press anything). Without Awakening's voice acting, now it's just a single noise for each box full of text.

And like I said, I played through most of Awakening without voices and the text was really bland that way.

Edit: Well, seems like I was a bit too slow with this response.

Edited by BrightBow

I'm pretty disappointed about this too. Even though the lines didn't fit like 40% of the time in Awakening, the times when it worked, it really added to the supports. And it's unusual, looking at all the other feature carry-over, for them to remove something like that.

Probably after a few supports we'll all get used to it and able to hear the characters' voices well enough in the dialogue. But still!

All the voice budget went into the face-rubbing lines.​

I seriously think this had something to do with it. Not so much for recording the lines, as combing through the pages and pages of support dialogue and syncing them with both voice clips and facial expressions, in addition to all the stuff they did for FE Amie. That's a lot of work.

Even if the lines didn't fit half the time, if not more, like Taka-kun said it was nice being able to go to the support gallery and just hear their voices.

All the voice budget went into the face-rubbing lines.​

Oh heavens this is probably the truth isn't it. Another reason to hate facerubbing *sigh*.

Edited by BlueL

That's really weird considering story scenes have voice acting, y'know the occasional grunt and gasp. Dunno why they just couldn't reuse some grunts for supports.

wouldn't be surprised if the english version added it tbh.

Ehhh I actually liked the voice clips, made it feel more... lively? It's just jarring for me to only have background music play when two people talk, though I think I've been playing Awakening too much recently...

At first I thought it was a bit weird and I didn't like it as much, but after watching through a couple supports and playing Sacred Stones I started to not mind it. I like how they put a bigger emphasis on the music because it creates a better effect on the mood, especially when it's time for the S support. You just become enthralled and emotional and I just love it.