***Petition to Keep the Game Uncensored***

OhHaiThar

Here is the petition which was started on gamefaqs 6/26/15

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-do-not-censor-fire-emblem-fates-for-it-s-worldwide-release

Users on reddit have claimed that it probably won't do anything, but hey, it's worth trying.

I want the game uncensored; I want to be able to enjoy the game for what it is as a whole; I want to be able to enjoy all the things the developers intended this game to be. There are a lot of people out there that claim this game is sexual (and they're not wrong, it's really just this one) and contains incest (sort of but, not really). This game was indeed rated 15+ in Japan, so we know it's not meant for little kids, but the people complaining selfishly want Nintendo to censor this stuff so that they can feel comfortable playing it; I'll say this again: they want Nintendo to alter the original game (and this time its not just a picture) JUST so they can enjoy it. I understand if you feel uncomfortable playing it, but these features are optional, or you can choose to ignore them (and yes I'm aware of the fan service cutscenes). Or you can choose to NOT BUY the game at all if it makes you that uncomfortable. I mean if Nintendo made a game you didn't like, why on earth would you buy it? Think about it for a second, when you ask for something you're telling the devs they can't make their own game and instead have to make a game according to your wishes. My point is, keep the game the way the developers made it, b/c cutting out substantial parts of the game is like telling the devs "Hey you made it, but I don't like it the way it is, so I'm going to change it so I can like it, because I didn't like it the way you made it." And this feels really disrespectful to me.

PLEASE NOTE: I'M PROBABLY BIASED AND I'M AWARE OF IT. FORGIVE ME.

Edited by OhHaiThar

Online petitions are one of the biggest wastes of time in the world. Yes I get that people are passionate about what they want/don't want in games, but in the end its the developers/localiation teams choices.

Also ha gamefaqs.

Edited by Jedi

While I am all for the game being uncensored, petitions never work, especially with NoA.They only care about what sells and such.

Sorry to be a downer but it is the truth.

While I am all for the game being uncensored, petitions never work, especially with NoA.They only care about what sells and such.

Sorry to be a downer but it is the truth.

This.

I hate censorship of any kind as now a days it feels like people censor everything they don't like regardless of if others don't mind it.

Nintendo of America is typically uncomfortable with underage characters in highly sexualized outfits, and considering that we can put Sakura and Elise in underboob-heavy bikinis and zoom in on Tsukiyomi in a G-string speedo, they'll definately be censoring something. And honestly, I think it is more than reasonable for them to make changes if those changes limit the sexualization of children.

They -will- censor that, and they should. A petition probably wont change that.

Nintendo of America is typically uncomfortable with underage characters in highly sexualized outfits, and considering that we can put Sakura and Elise in underboob-heavy bikinis and zoom in on Tsukiyomi in a G-string speedo, they'll definately be censoring something. And honestly, I think it is more than reasonable for them to make changes if those changes limit the sexualization of children.

They -will- censor that, and they should. A petition probably wont change that.

​ Are any of their ages actually stated, though?

​I'd rather they censor everyone than censor a select few characters based on arbitrary assessments of their appearance

​I'd rather they censor everyone than censor a select few characters based on arbitrary assessments of their appearance

I'd rather them not censor at all.

Tsukuyomi is explicitly stated to be a child in dialogue, and Elise at looks and acts like a little girl, even if her exact age isn't stated. But you are right in that they wouldn't just censor those characters, as the characters share a couple of generic body models and putting more clothing on one would cover them all up anyway, without extra programming. Edited by gayserbeam

I'm not even sure NoA knows Change.org exists

Edited by Soapbar

Sigh, why not keeping the non-censored version and adding a censoring option for parentage control?

What bothers me most is: if the game is practically not rated for children, at least it won't go under censorship. On the other hand ...

But it's practically just as Azz01 wrote. Most probably somewhat censored and rated for almost everyone.

Can't tell much about ESRB (cause I'm european - spanish here), but I'm pretty sure PEGI will simply categorize it for 12+ with sexual and violence content, :x

Edited by Erdall