ROFL topic

What do you think of FE9 Rolf?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Rofl

• That little bastard? He isn't worth my time, so I bench him or kill him.
    • I've had good and bad experiences with him.
    • Rolf is god. Anyone who says otherwise is a whore.
  2. 2. What about Shinon?

• Shinon's better
    • Shinon and Rolf are interchangable
    • Shinon's awful

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolf sucks. He starts horrible, has the worst class, any possible support option he has is better placed with someone else, and doesn't end up very good at all.

Shinon sucksbut he can bail your ass out of an occasional tight spot in earlygame. Then, he rejoins at level 2-ish if he's lucky, and sucks hard.

He needs a Laguz bow and a triangle attack? ._o

At that point in the game, he's probably just promoted unless you've been babying him too much.

You can pull off ALOT of damage if rolf can hit under those conditions. 9X the normal damage, and you still might pull off a crit.

:lol:

At that point in the game, he's probably just promoted unless you've been babying him too much.

You can pull off ALOT of damage if rolf can hit under those conditions. 9X the normal damage, and you still might pull off a crit.

:lol:

Any character would be good if they had 9X damage. You'll NEVER get those conditions unless you plan your whole strategy around that.

Rolf can be good if you have patience to baby him, how I usually do it is forging him a really strong bow. Another good fact is when you train him and get Shinon back he will probably be stronger. Rolf just needs people to weaken monsters for him to kill or bonus experience to catch up.

Why would bother raising him if he's average at best come endgame?

Fine, don't bring him! :(

Rolf is a great bowman in this game, he would be a good contender for the double bow.

But a forged silver bow is significantly stronger than the double bow... the only thing it has going for itself is the weird range.

Rolf is a great bowman in this game, he would be a good contender for the double bow.

Well, considering his only competition is Shinon, unless you count Astrid, he's alright. Really, Astrid should be getting the Double Bow. These two are dreadful.

Well, considering his only competition is Shinon, unless you count Astrid, he's alright. Really, Astrid should be getting the Double Bow. These two are dreadful.

The Double Bow sucks anyway. Dealing good damage with Silver Bow and not getting countered > dealing pitiful damage and not getting countered.

The Double Bow sucks anyway. Dealing good damage with Silver Bow and not getting countered > dealing pitiful damage and not getting countered.

I agree with Tino here (ZOMGWTFBBGROLF!!!), the Double in this game SUX!!! Only attacking 4 spaces = phail

I'm more disturbed by it being the weakest S rank weapon in the game.

yeah that too, plus its hit chance is kinda lame IIRC

Rolf is awesome. It's so incredible satisfying to ohKO a transformed Raven King using Rolf, his brothers and a laguz bow. :lol:

And killing Neasala loses the Knight Ring and 400 BEXP. :o

Assuming you want to talk to him with Reyson. I killed him purposely one PT by abusing the triangle attack. :D

And honestly, I don't find the knight ring that useful.

Ever since I played RD, I think Reyson has Canto. It's screwed me over a few times.... So I give Reyson the Knight ring

Knight Ring + 400 BEXP > Useless satisfaction <_<

True, plus I'd rather not have to deal with all those ravens

Ok, I admit it's not good at all to kill Naesala. I can't say Rolf is a good unit just because I decieded to play the game a bit differently by sending Reyson away which is obviously a decision that gets you no advantage at all. And even then, the best beat to win is probably to run to the boss and finish him of bevor Naesala is coming at you. But in my opinion Fire Emblem is a lot about useless satisfaction which is enough reason for me to take him down but without a Triangle-Attack your chances to even hit him are really slim.

Edited by BrightBow-User