Can the Avatar have a child if he/she marries a 2nd Generation unit?

Marrying a second generation unit will still give you the Avatar's unique child,

Kanna.

I married a second generation unit and he still gave me that child.

The exception is a lesbian marriage with Shara, as you will have no children at all.

Marrying a second generation unit will still give you the Avatar's unique child,

Kanna.

The exception is a lesbian marriage with Shara, as you will have no children at all.

Thank you for this

Kanna.

Man...I dunno how to feel about that, since unlike in Awakening, these children are your friends' actual children and not just different versions of their children from a different dimension...

Literally this

R6F7VSR.png

Except replace that with "imma put dat in an accelerated time chamber and then hit dat"

Edited by Bovinian

Man...I dunno how to feel about that, since unlike in Awakening, these children are your friends' actual children and not just different versions of their children from a different dimension...

Literally this

R6F7VSR.png

Except replace that with "imma put dat in an accelerated time chamber and then hit dat"

I dont marry second gens in Awakening because its awkward to me. Im definitely not marrying second gens in this game. I dont care how adorable Dia and Ignis are, no dice! Ill just pair them with my kid.

lol they're fully consenting adults I don't see what the big deal is... but yeah, you can have a child.

Well yeah. I guess. But if you poured magic water on a 3-month old infant and he/she suddenly "matured" into an 18-year old physiologically ready to bang, you would not find this the slightest bit strange/uncomfortable?

Edited by Bovinian

Except that they have actually lived full lives in the places where they grew up, just with time passing at different rates in the world they were placed relative to your world.

They have actually lived some, say, ~18 or so years.

There's no magic turning them from a 3-month old to an 18 year old. They lived through the entirety of those 18 years.

The magic is that they could be put in other worlds with the time flowing at different rates things that allows them to live out 18 years of THEIR time while the parents haven't aged significantly.

Well yeah. I guess. But if you poured magic water on a 3-month old infant and he/she suddenly "matured" into an 18-year old physiologically ready to bang, you would not find this the slightest bit strange/uncomfortable?

well, it's not really like that. not completely sure of the implications of the sped-up time but from what I understand, they grew up like a regular person in what was to them, the same amount of time, and are just adults.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by Chrosion

On a tangential note, is the child bonus of +1 to modifiers present in the game/how are stat modifiers inherited. Is it like Awakening.

I'm planning when I get the localized version of the game to marry Matoi [yes, I know her father has a bad speed mod], so I'm trying to figure out what the stats will be.

This tangentially relates to the topic as it concerns the outcome of the child when the Avatar marries a 2nd gen unit (Matoi).

I understand that it would be normal for the kids themselves since they lived natural lives from their own frame of reference, but I still think it would be weird from the perspective of the gen 1 characters. But whatever, I concede to your points