Talonflame, and how to counter it?

blah the Prussian

So it's no secret that Talonflame is one of the most over powered sons of a Wilson in the entire meta game. It also happens to be one of my teams main weaknesses. So, what can you suggest as a good Talonflame counter? Here is my team:

Gardevoir Mega

Crobat

Starmie

Ferrothorn

Heatran

Noivern

So yeah.

Pretty sure that Ancient Power Heatran is a thing specifically for Talonflame.

And, upon checking Smogon's StrategyDex, one of the sets does list Ancient Power or Stone Edge to hit Talonflame and Mega Charizard Y (Stone Edge because Specially Defensive variants of Talonflame can survive Ancient Power).

If you're playing ORAS, I'd recommend going to the battle resort and teaching either Ferrothorn or Heatran Stealth Rock if you haven't already.

I can't teach Heatran Stealth Rock, as I'm using an assault vest set. Which move of Ferrothorns should I delete: Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Leech Seed, or Knock Off?

Ancient Power might also work, yeah. I'll probably delete Earth Power for it.

Edited by blah2127

Personally I wouldn't run more than one offensive move on Ferrothorn but that's just me.

The Ferrothorn is designed to be both a wall and a damage dealer. Gyro ball is there to hit fairies, and Knock Off is there because every team should have knock off.

Yeah, I wasn't actually considering Knock Off when I said that, since it's more of a utility move, though there are mons and situations where it can hit really hard. I'd get rid of Power Whip, but it depends on what your team needs help with.

• 2 weeks later...