Obscurité

(Poll) Fire Emblem With A Metal/Rock Ost  

35 members have voted

1. 1. If A Future Fire Emblem Game Had a Metal/Rock Ost

• So Much Yes
    • So Much Nope
    • Wouldn't Care
    • Maybe a few but not all the songs

Most of the music I listen to falls under these two genres (or is related to them), but having to listen to them all the time while playing a game would be rather tiring. Of course, rock/metal could encompass just about anything in terms of mood and pace and turn out not tiring at all if done right.

Neoclassical stuff for select battle themes would probably not be too unfitting, but thats about it. Sakuraba already does this in many of his other works so yeah...

Not Sakuraba (he just came to mind first) but really, something like Nael's Phase 1 and 2 themes really wouldn't be that bad.

Edited by Irysa

Neoclassical stuff for select battle themes would probably not be too unfitting, but thats about it. Sakuraba already does this in many of his other works so yeah...

Not Sakuraba (he just came to mind first) but really, something like Nael's Phase 1 and 2 themes really wouldn't be that bad.

Prog-type rock/metal seems to fit well when it comes to RPG soundtracks, most famously shown by Uematsu's old tracks. Hell, his band The Black Mages showcases that sound even better.

Sure, I love rock and metal, though metal would kind of sound out of place in most situations in a medieval fantasy game like FE.

I'd be down with some of a FE game's soundtrack having rock music, as long as it's more alternative (is that the right genre I'm thinking?) than metal. I'm thinking more similar to Xenoblade Chronicles' soundtrack. That'd be awesome.

Xenoblade had very metal songs for its battle themes. Personally, I love battle themes and intense themes that have a rock or metal flare to them, and there are other certain places to insert rock music as well. Since rock is a genre with such range of emotion and feeling, I feel it could work if implemented correctly.

Maybe a few, but only because I love rock music. Maybe for like a final boss theme or something. However, I'd want most of the soundtrack to be normal, because Fire Emblem music is incredible.

The only thing relating to Metal Music that I want in regards to FE is from people like The L-Train. (Who hasn't done an FE "metal tribute" as far as I can recall.) Other than that, add another name to the list of people who think that it wouldn't work.

Edited by Just call me AL

HELL YEAH \m/

Can never have too much rock/metal IMO. Though maybe save it for battle music and/or a few event themes.

Edited by shinpichu