(Poll) The Language of Love.

Obscurité

What's do you think is the language of love..??  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Spanish
    • French
    • Italian
    • Portuguese
    • Romanian
    • Japanese is the sexiest
    • German (Due to popular demand)

Hymmnos. Granted it isn't an official language, but to me, it's a language that is the epitome of romance. Granted the whole entire idea for the language is as an expression of emotion for song. Was yea erra melenas yor en ciel.

• 4 weeks later...

I will never forget the words my German teacher taught to his students, words of true love which never fail. Male or female, ugly or gorgeous, vegan or normal, they will always melt the heart of your lover. Translated into English, it is best put as 'You have a neck like a Giraffe'.

What, no Latin? Ah, well. French, I suppose. It feels so smooth, like it just rolls off the tongue.

5/7 are romance languages (Aka: neo/modern-latin) so that's like if you requested old high German or old English. (French/Italian/Portuguese/Spanish/Romanian is closer to (vulgar) Latin than modern Greek is to ancient Greek)

Edited by Naughx

5/7 are romance languages (Aka: neo/modern-latin) so that's like if you requested old high German or old English. (French/Italian/Portuguese/Spanish/Romanian is closer to (vulgar) Latin than modern Greek is to ancient Greek)

I understand that. You'd be hard pressed to find a western language that wasn't derived from Latin. I'm just saying that each one feels a bit different, you know?

• 4 weeks later...

...I thought this topic was going to be on the five love languages book... Or whatever number that is.

gifts? I will gladly take precious gems/cash money please. ;)

...any of the romantic languages just are very pleasant aurally to listen to. I have a soft spot for French though being Canadian. :D