[Spoilers] On the topic of Awakening characters in Fates

TheWerdna

Everyone's pairings (as well as lack of pairings) are equally canon because none of them are canon one way or the other, therefore granting flexibility in the matter.

And thanks to the multiverse concept, what happens in one Awakening does not affect another. Your OTP is "canon" in your Awakening, whereas in mine its not. In mine its Robin x Cordelia, for example.

Basically, the concept of canon/non-canon becomes not very useful for optional things in multiverse based scenarios.

Everyone's pairings (as well as lack of pairings) are equally canon because none of them are canon one way or the other, therefore granting flexibility in the matter.

And thanks to the multiverse concept, what happens in one Awakening does not affect another. Your OTP is "canon" in your Awakening, whereas in mine its not. In mine its Robin x Cordelia, for example.

Basically, the concept of canon/non-canon becomes not very useful for optional things in multiverse based scenarios.

Oh, I am well aware of this. In fact, in my ideal world they would just keep it that way and not touch anything from Awakening to avoid screwing that up.

Its just that I can't shake the feeling that the writers didn't intend that with the 3 portrayed in Awakening. Just seems like they put so much effort to say "hey guys, these are the EXACT same versions you remember from Awakening". It feels like they are messing with the status quo of "everything and nothing canon"

Edited by TheWerdna

What happens in Awakening stays in Awakening.

Seriously though, what if this Inigo, Severa, and Owain are all the versions born during/after Awakening, even? Are they predisposed to marry who their time-displaced selves did? The war went differently, and so would there lives. That's not even mentioning the possibility of them being from an entirely different timeline, as others have suggested. Maybe they have completely different parents [edit: non-existent in Awakening] that would explain their completely different hair colors (aside from Libra!Owain). I don't get the big deal when a multiverse of sorts has clearly been introduced already.

Edited by Ezrius

What happens in Awakening stays in Awakening.

Seriously though, what if this Inigo, Severa, and Owain are all the versions born during/after Awakening, even? Are they predisposed to marry who their time-displaced selves did? The war went differently, and so would there lives. That's not even mentioning the possibility of them being from an entirely different timeline, as others have suggested. Maybe they have completely different parents [edit: non-existent in Awakening] that would explain their completely different hair colors (aside from Libra!Owain). I don't get the big deal when a multiverse of sorts has clearly been introduced already.

Their supports seem to imply they went through all of Awakening's events.

To the above, yes it is confirmed they are one in the same, referencing events in Awakening.

I wonder why they are helping the clearly evil team that has ties to black dragons like Grima was. Why? They do not even refer to any plot to overcome the dark king, they serve obediently. Why? Why are they doing this? Why do they only then disappear after the story's events?

There really is no way to help that plotwise, it is simply put in for fans. Not totally a bad thing, but I wish they went with expies instead of the actual characters.

I feel the same.

I've one question to make.

What is the point having characters from awakening in this game?(I mean the plot)

So far I see...They seem completely irrelevant.

And yes I know; Awakening was the game that saved the franchise, bla, bla...

I don't really like to see "the other children" appear in the next games in the franchise.

Doing that ... just remove space for the new characters in the series.

Now that I think about, I suppose I could maintain my headcanon by just not pairing them with anyone in Fates, since they do all leave to return to the Awakening timeline (or their original one maybe, the support translations were not clear. Does anyone know which they meant, or was it ambiguous even in the Japanese version?). Or is there something l haven't seen yet to potentially screw up that interpretation?

I prefer them being the same characters than copy-pastes. Helps that they seem to be handled better than in Awakening, especially Inigo.

To the above, yes it is confirmed they are one in the same, referencing events in Awakening.

I wonder why they are helping the clearly evil team that has ties to black dragons like Grima was. Why? They do not even refer to any plot to overcome the dark king, they serve obediently. Why? Why are they doing this? Why do they only then disappear after the story's events?

There really is no way to help that plotwise, it is simply put in for fans. Not totally a bad thing, but I wish they went with expies instead of the actual characters.

They stick around because they believe that Xander (who Inigo serves), Camilla (who Severa serves), and Leo (who Owain serves) are people worth serving. (Hell, Inigo is even willing to die for Xander) They don't know the history of Nohr, and they certainly don't seem to be around when Garon is giving orders. Sticking around royalty is probably the best way for them to find the evil that they are looking for (probably the villain of the third route), and on two of the three routes (both Hoshido and Nohr route has some links to the great evil, even if it's not substantial, and the Awakening kids can fight the final boss on the Nohr side) this proves to the be true.

Edited by Monado Boy

has anyone already pointed out that these 6 characters from awakening are the most popular in the popularity poll so that one of the developers thought: "hey! let's put these 6 back into the but as different entities so the ones who love these 6 will have uber enjoyment in having them in this version

has anyone already pointed out that these 6 characters from awakening are the most popular in the popularity poll so that one of the developers thought: "hey! let's put these 6 back into the but as different entities so the ones who love these 6 will have uber enjoyment in having them in this version

Yes. And 3 are the actual versions from awakening

That's not exactly right. Lucina and Chrom are missing. So, they're actually the top 4. Now, Lucina has the Amiibo, but even with that she doesn't have supports and can't class change outside of DLC classes. Meanwhile, Chrom so far just has a cameo in a DLC as an npc unit and apparently doesn't even join the player's party.

I believe they were not including Chrom and Lucina.

Grey = Gaius

Matoi = Cordelia

+ Inigo, Owain, Severa and Tharja makes six.

The same ones from the Beach dlc in Awakening. Or something.

I believe they were not including Chrom and Lucina.

Grey = Gaius

Matoi = Cordelia

+ Inigo, Owain, Severa and Tharja makes six.

The same ones from the Beach dlc in Awakening. Or something.

Don't forget the Hot Spring DLC too....

It's a weird contrast that Gray loves sweets while his father, Saizou, hates them with a passion.

Matoi is just Tiamo rearranged which just blatantly makes it obvious.

Wouldn't Chrom be reintroduced through Cipher DLC codes? They did it with Marth....

Edited by Fanatic&Ecstatic

Sorry to be picky, but could you consider removing the search tags? Because it's not really hard to connect the dots when you have a thread title "...Awakening characters in Fates" and underneath "Inigo, Owain, Severa" xD

There's one Fanfic that I read that handled this pretty well. Even though it was really, really sad.

Basically...

Inigo, Owain and Severa ended up in Nohr against their will. They didn't willingly choose to leave Ylisse. Anyways, the three of them become mercanries, and eventually decide to serve Xander, Camilla and Leo in order to find a way back home.

• 7 months later...

II guess. Its just that what really bugs me is that I don't think the game's writers intended it to be like that. Maybe an interview or some sort of DLC will come along to prove this wrong, but as of now it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth I haven't been able to get rid of for a week.

I haven't actually played fates yet but is there anything in the game that says that these are the older versions of the characters? Remember there are two the ones from the future and the younger versions that haven't been born yet. How do we know that the versions in Fates aren't the younger ones and that somewhere in the Fire Emblem world there are a 40 year old version of Owain, Severa and Inigo who were in Awakening. This games could take place 20 years after the events of Awakening and these versions technically aren't the same people at all. Just a thought.

I haven't actually played fates yet but is there anything in the game that says that these are the older versions of the characters? Remember there are two the ones from the future and the younger versions that haven't been born yet. How do we know that the versions in Fates aren't the younger ones and that somewhere in the Fire Emblem world there are a 40 year old version of Owain, Severa and Inigo who were in Awakening. This games could take place 20 years after the events of Awakening and these versions technically aren't the same people at all. Just a thought.

In Invisible History, Anankos grants them a wish-they ask for the ruined world they came from to be restored, and for proper graves to be made for the lives lost. These three are from the future timeline.