Leo x Nyx

Harold x ?

Benoit x ?

Flannel x ?

Joker x ?

Azura x ?

Kaze x ?

Silas x ?

Also for Hoshido, since I didn't do Ric-Tsukuyomi, I'm most likely just gonna do Tsukuyomi x Felicia for leftovers.

For this I'm thinking Harold x Belka, forgot to mention that.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of Aqua pairingsā€¦ what would be better:

Aqua/Azura with Joker/Jakob

+3 Str, -1 Mag, +4 Skl, +4 Spd, +0 Lck, -2 Def, +0 Res

Deere: Rod Knight, Cavalier, Pegasus

Shigure: Pegasus, Rod Knight, Wyvern Rider

Shigure is able to become a 5-rally rally bot without the use of logbook or MyCastle skill purchasing abuse (something I refuse to do) by marriage seal to Mitama (Speed, Resistance, Defense, Luck, Magic), plus his personal skill Tuning.

OR

Aqua x Takumi

Kisaragi: 2 str, 1 mag, 5 skl, 2 spd, 2 lck, -2 def, -1 res; Bowman/Holy Bowman/GKW/Falcon/Pegasus, Lancer/Holy Lancer/Basara

Shigure: 2 str, 1 mag, 5 skl, 2 spd, 2 lck, -2 def, -1 res; Pegasus Warrior/Falcon/GKW, Bowman/Holy Bowman, Rod Knight/Strategist/Butler

This gives Takmui Swallow Strike access and Takumi is powerful to begin with thanks to the Wind God Bow legendary.

OR

A different pairing altogether

Shigure is able to become a 5-rally rally bot without the use of logbook or MyCastle skill purchasing abuse (something I refuse to do) by marriage seal to Mitama (Speed, Resistance, Defense, Luck, Magic), plus his personal skill Tuning.

OR

Aqua x Takumi

Kisaragi: 2 str, 1 mag, 5 skl, 2 spd, 2 lck, -2 def, -1 res; Bowman/Holy Bowman/GKW/Falcon/Pegasus, Lancer/Holy Lancer/Basara

Shigure: 2 str, 1 mag, 5 skl, 2 spd, 2 lck, -2 def, -1 res; Pegasus Warrior/Falcon/GKW, Bowman/Holy Bowman, Rod Knight/Strategist/Butler

This gives Takmui Swallow Strike access and Takumi is powerful to begin with thanks to the Wind God Bow legendary.

OR

Well I mean, you can always try both in different files. Though I'm curious, who did you have a backup for Takumi and Jakob? Maybe that'll help determine it.

OR

Aqua x Takumi

OR

I would, personally, go for Azura x Jakob. Like you (and many others) said, Takumi is already quite powerful on his own.

Azura x Jakob gives Deere and Shigure slightly better mods than Azura x Takumi give Kisaragi and Shigure. IMO, Shigure needs the slightly better mods than Takumi needs that skill. Plus, you could always have a Femui with pegasus warrior as her alt. class marry Takumi so he gets Swallow strike and Kisaragi gets better mods, depending on your asset/flaw.

I don't really see the point in rally bots, especially with one of the child units, seeing as you can only use one per turn with that character anyway. IMO, it's more worthwhile having just one rally on a character, with a different rally on multiple other characters.

EDIT:: lol, I forgot rallies all triggered at once /shot/

Edited by Dollysama

Okay, so I spent a ton of time reading through this entire thread last night, and have narrowed down a few parents for some child units I'd like to pick up today ~

First, there's Velour; Charlotte seems to be my best bet for her (seeing as how I already married Elfie to Lazwald), Mozume would probably be my second option.

If I plan to have Velour as a managarm endclass though, would Charlotte!Velour be better or Luna!Velour (I just really like Luna's support with Flannel, so I'd like to know how she fairs as her mother)

Next is Kinu; For her, I'm considering Setsuna or Rinka, but am not sure who would be the better parent for a Nine-tailed fox endclass.

aand now one of my bigger challenges, Ophelia; I've seen quite a few good potential mothers for her, and am now stuck between Elise, Nyx, or Orochi.

I'm heavily leaning towards Elise because I've heard such good things, and that way I could get Orochi!Grey and Nyx!Shara//Syalla.

Though I really like Hinata, I have no clue on who to marry him to, but saw that Hinata x Sakura would have a decent Hisame ?

The only royal option for Sakura to marry would be Marx, but I have him A'ranked with Hinoka at the moment and plan to marry those two.

Sakura is an absolute beast though, so it'd be a shame if I don't have her pass that down haha

I also read something interesting about Camilla!Midoriko, so I'm wondering how that would fair ?

That would mean I'd have to give Shinonome a different mom though ~

aaand lastly, there's Matoi.

I'm heavily leaning towards Aqua as her mother, her other options being Luna and Felicia.

Her enclass will be either Falcon Warrior or Great Lord (the latter being the more likely one)

I have many uncertainties...about everything ; u ;

Thoughts ?

Well, I'm starting to suspect that child growth rates function off of:

Child's Actual Personal Growths = (1/2)*(Optional Parent's Personal Growths + Child's Default Personal Growths)

My reasoning is detailed in my posts in this topic (link below). Note that this is still an unconfirmed hypothesis, although one that I think is fairly likely.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56509

Obviously, growths are totally irrelevant once you've maxed out a unitā€¦. but they ARE relevant to given stats for as long as you take/need to max out a given stat. And indeed, in no-grind, 20/20 limited gameplay, or limited Eternal Seal use, there's also the question of WHETHER you'll max out the stat in the first place.

So this may effect in-game pairing viability. Obviously, it should have no impact on final maxed stat builds (that is, as long as they have a class and growth rate capable of actually getting them to the maxed stats in the first place).

Okay, so I spent a ton of time reading through this entire thread last night, and have narrowed down a few parents for some child units I'd like to pick up today ~

First, there's Velour; Charlotte seems to be my best bet for her (seeing as how I already married Elfie to Lazwald), Mozume would probably be my second option.

If I plan to have Velour as a managarm endclass though, would Charlotte!Velour be better or Luna!Velour (I just really like Luna's support with Flannel, so I'd like to know how she fairs as her mother)

Next is Kinu; For her, I'm considering Setsuna or Rinka, but am not sure who would be the better parent for a Nine-tailed fox endclass.

aand now one of my bigger challenges, Ophelia; I've seen quite a few good potential mothers for her, and am now stuck between Elise, Nyx, or Orochi.

I'm heavily leaning towards Elise because I've heard such good things, and that way I could get Orochi!Grey and Nyx!Shara//Syalla.

Though I really like Hinata, I have no clue on who to marry him to, but saw that Hinata x Sakura would have a decent Hisame ?

The only royal option for Sakura to marry would be Marx, but I have him A'ranked with Hinoka at the moment and plan to marry those two.

Sakura is an absolute beast though, so it'd be a shame if I don't have her pass that down haha

I also read something interesting about Camilla!Midoriko, so I'm wondering how that would fair ?

I'm heavily leaning towards Aqua as her mother, her other options being Luna and Felicia.

Her enclass will be either Falcon Warrior or Great Lord (the latter being the more likely one)

Thoughts ?

Alright I can give a few opinions on these:

You could always pair up Sakura with Subaki as another option, though I mean Hinata could be okay. For Matoi, if you want canon, Luna would be a good mom with decent mods. Aqua's mods aren't horrible either but iirc they make Matoi just a tad bit... more fragile? For Ophelia, Elise no question.

For Luna!Velour I don't know what'll happen, but Mercenary and Fighter share an endclass, Hero, so idk if it'll give another one or what. I'd personally go for Charlotte.

Definitely Charlotte.Really Mozume does nothing for Velour.Villager has nothing to give and there is nothing you could get from Bowman either.At least Charlotte gives great Str.Though Rod Knight is not the best.Really Camilla is the better mom for Velour since Deadly Breath and such but in this case Charlotte.

Setsuna all the way.Rinkah is great for kids who want to be tanks.That is why I recommend setting Rinka up with Benoit.Rinka ruins Str mods and really Oni is a very lack luster class in terms of skills.

Elise is a definite.With this Ophelia can be one of the best witches along side Nyx!Eponine and Nyx/Orochi!Shara.As for Orochi!Grey, I am not to familiar with that since I tend to look at more Str oriented Greys but I hear it is actually quite good.

Hinata is just bleh.Worst father and possibly character.Sakura is better marrying Leon(Which I assume you have married off)or Saizou or Tsukuyomi.I would recommend Pieri!Hisame or hell even Orochi!HIsame and marry Sakura to Saizou.Hinoka is fine with Marx though.

Eh.Camilla!Midoriko has mixed mods but not teh good kind.Camilla is not to blame though, it is Kaze's stupid -2 Str mod.I would recommend staying with Camilla!Shinonome.

Hmm.Aqua can work.Matoi will get Rod Knight and can make quite a good Falcon Warrior who focuses on healing and such.Felicia is comparable to Aqua though Felicia screws up her Str mod so I would not recommend it.Luna is good and all for the 'canon' Matoi but her mods are meh and really Matoi get's nothing from Merc.Hell, Luna could marry Hinata and maybe fix up some shit.Yeah, I would go Aqua!Matoi.

Thoughts ?

Boop.

After reading through this topic, number crunching mods, and considering A+ supports, classes, and inheritable skills, I'm down to three remaining unpaired sets for a hypothetical IK playthrough:

Xander, Lazward, and Benoit remain, with the only remaining females being Luna, Charlotte, and Berka.

Luna would allow Soleil access to Swallow Strike and have generally neutral or positive mods, Luna!Soleil's highest mods would be +2s in Skill, Speed, and Luck. However, based on what I've read on Marriage Seals, neither Lazward nor Luna would get a new class.

Charlotte is good for both Soleil and Seigbert both appreciate Berzerker access and the Axefaire that comes with it. It's slightly more redundant for Soleil due to Hero overlap between the Fighter and Mercenary lines though.

Berka's terrible speed and emphasis on defense seems to complement Benoit's modifiers well. A Berka!Ignis with Defensive formation would make an excellent physical tank, and have a nice +3 skill mod as well. Berka could also be used to pass Fighter on to Seigbert, though his mods seem to suffer for it.

What do you think?

After reading through this topic, number crunching mods, and considering A+ supports, classes, and inheritable skills, I'm down to three remaining unpaired sets for a hypothetical IK playthrough:

Xander, Lazward, and Benoit remain, with the only remaining females being Luna, Charlotte, and Berka.

Luna would allow Soleil access to Swallow Strike and have generally neutral or positive mods, Luna!Soleil's highest mods would be +2s in Skill, Speed, and Luck. However, based on what I've read on Marriage Seals, neither Lazward nor Luna would get a new class.

Charlotte is good for both Soleil and Seigbert both appreciate Berzerker access and the Axefaire that comes with it. It's slightly more redundant for Soleil due to Hero overlap between the Fighter and Mercenary lines though.

Berka's terrible speed and emphasis on defense seems to complement Benoit's modifiers well. A Berka!Ignis with Defensive formation would make an excellent physical tank, and have a nice +3 skill mod as well. Berka could also be used to pass Fighter on to Seigbert, though his mods seem to suffer for it.

What do you think?

I would recommend doing Charlotte!Seigebrt, Luna!Soleil and Berka!Ignis.

Charlotte!Seigebert is literally one of the best pairings you can have.While I prefer Elfie!Seigebrt, Charlotte!Seigebert is just as good.Though sadly out of the three, Marx really gets nothing out of it unless you make him a Great Knight or Wyvern Lord.

Luna!Soleil is just better then Berka!Soleil.Normally I would go Charlotte!Soleil but considering the situation, Luna is the only choice.Also Lazward will get Peg Warrior and Luna will get Ninja from marriage seals, just so you know.

Finally Berka!Ignis is actually really god cause their mods kind of complement each other very well.Ignis is one of the best walls in the game and really, I feel that it should be utilized.Really Ignis cannot do much anyways.

Xander does get Hero out of Charlotte x Xancer (Hero is a promotion of Fighter in this game as well as of Mercenary). Hero uses Swords, so he can still use Seigfried. He can pick up Sol and thus improve his tanky role (and trigger Sol at 1-2 during enemy phase with the aid of Seigfried).

Alright I can give a few opinions on these:

You could always pair up Sakura with Subaki as another option, though I mean Hinata could be okay. For Matoi, if you want canon, Luna would be a good mom with decent mods. Aqua's mods aren't horrible either but iirc they make Matoi just a tad bit... more fragile? For Ophelia, Elise no question.

For Luna!Velour I don't know what'll happen, but Mercenary and Fighter share an endclass, Hero, so idk if it'll give another one or what. I'd personally go for Charlotte.

Aah alright, thanks for the tips ! Helps me be a bit more confident in Elise!Ophelia and Charlotte!Velour ~

although I think Luna would be a cute mom for Matoi b/c of support reasons, I don't want a Cordelia look-alike ? ; u ;

I like her fine, but we already have enough look alikes as is, haha ~

I just saw nearly everyone going with her or Hinoka so I thought she would have astounding stats xD

Boop.

alsjfd WOW thank you for the detailed response cries

I can finally go and start pairing them off ! Based on your advice, I'll definitely be going with

Charlotte!Velour, Setsuna!Kinu, Hinoka!Marx, Camilla!Shinonome, Luna!Hisame (which conveniently works out well for me, since I've had those two at A support since I recruited them), and Aqua!Matoi

I'm going to do a bit more research on Orochi!Grey vs. Sakura!Grey and Nyx!Eponine (who I'll keep as Adventurer) vs. Nyx!Shara before I confirm their pairings and I'll probably end up going with Felicia!Midoriko as well;

also yeah, haha I married Leon in this run so he can't marry Sakura ~~ ; u ;

but whoo your help is much appreciated !!

Xander does get Hero out of Charlotte x Xancer (Hero is a promotion of Fighter in this game as well as of Mercenary). Hero uses Swords, so he can still use Seigfried. He can pick up Sol and thus improve his tanky role (and trigger Sol at 1-2 during enemy phase with the aid of Seigfried).

Derp forgot about about Hero.Still thought Warrior was a thing.

Edited by Azz01

Hey, I've actually asked this in another thread, but I'm wondering if I can pull this skill/class combination off with Midoriko in the Nohr route?

Class: Maid

Stubbornness
Smithy Skill
Easy Life
Flamboyant
Extravagance

The reason I asked because Midoriko's personal skill, Lucky Charm, is way less useful in the Nohr route because the Nohr classes don't have a lot of activation skills that are based on Luck%. The Nohr route is also infamous for not having a lot of bow, hidden weapon, and staff users when compared to the Hoshido route (and likewise with the Hoshido, you don't have a lot of good tome and axe users). I want Midoriko as a Maid since Maids are known to have high Luck cap and want to make Midoriko and useful medic/hidden weapon user in the Nohr route (I have no idea why I wanted Midoriko as a Maid, maybe because she looks cuter as a Maid, and the fact that she specializes in making medicine to help heal and cure people, or maybe the Luck cap). I know this involves marrying Kaze the Avatar since some of the skills I've mentioned are Hoshido exclusive.

I just want Midoriko to be useful in the Nohr route, and I'm wondering if there are better options for her.

Also, can you pull this skill/class combination route in the Hoshido route? I know it's 100% possible to pull this off in the Invisible Kingdom route.

Edited by Dark Paladin X

Hey, I've actually asked this in another thread, but I'm wondering if I can pull this skill/class combination off with Midoriko in the Nohr route?

Class: Maid

Stubbornness

Smithy Skill

Easy Life

Flamboyant

Extravagance

The reason I asked because Midoriko's personal skill, Lucky Charm, is way less useful in the Nohr route because the Nohr classes don't have a lot of activation skills that are based on Luck%. The Nohr route is also infamous for not having a lot of bow, hidden weapon, and staff users when compared to the Hoshido route (and likewise with the Hoshido, you don't have a lot of good tome and axe users). I want Midoriko as a Maid since Maids are known to have high Luck cap and want to make Midoriko and useful medic/hidden weapon user in the Nohr route (I have no idea why I wanted Midoriko as a Maid, maybe because she looks cuter as a Maid, and the fact that she specializes in making medicine to help heal and cure people, or maybe the Luck cap). I know this involves marrying Kaze the Avatar since some of the skills I've mentioned are Hoshido exclusive.

I just want Midoriko to be useful in the Nohr route, and I'm wondering if there are better options for her.

Also, can you pull this skill/class combination route in the Hoshido route? I know it's 100% possible to pull this off in the Invisible Kingdom route.

From what I can tell, Smithy Skill + Flamboyant is not legal in Nohr. Stubbornness can be obtained from Kaze x Luna or an inheritance, but only one of Oni Savage or Spellcaster/Lance Fighter can be obtained through Avatar's secondary class or an A+ with Kanna. She also must marry either Deere or Foleo if she wants to be a Maid.

Midoriko actually has quite a few options in Nohr route though. Nyx can mother her for 4 mag/6 speed mods, and she can marry Avatar or A+ with Kanna for the Spellcaster line. Kaze can pass Luna through an A+ with Silas/Xander so that she can pick up a proc. Lance Fighter and Oni Savage are also decent for her, though as mentioned she'd need Avatar to get them. Camilla gives good stats and Deadly Breath to serve as an offensive support. (Belka does too, minus the good stats) Elise can also work for a magical Midoriko as well - her high magic growth means that anyone she mothers is going to have at least a passable growth. Charlotte enhances Kaze's speed, repairs his low strength, and passes a class that Midoriko can take full advantage of given her mods.

From what I can tell, Smithy Skill + Flamboyant is not legal in Nohr. Stubbornness can be obtained from Kaze x Luna or an inheritance, but only one of Oni Savage or Spellcaster/Lance Fighter can be obtained through Avatar's secondary class or an A+ with Kanna. She also must marry either Deere or Foleo if she wants to be a Maid.

Midoriko actually has quite a few options in Nohr route though. Nyx can mother her for 4 mag/6 speed mods, and she can marry Avatar or A+ with Kanna for the Spellcaster line. Kaze can pass Luna through an A+ with Silas/Xander so that she can pick up a proc. Lance Fighter and Oni Savage are also decent for her, though as mentioned she'd need Avatar to get them. Camilla gives good stats and Deadly Breath to serve as an offensive support. (Belka does too, minus the good stats) Elise can also work for a magical Midoriko as well - her high magic growth means that anyone she mothers is going to have at least a passable growth. Charlotte enhances Kaze's speed, repairs his low strength, and passes a class that Midoriko can take full advantage of given her mods.

But would you say that it's still a good idea to make Midoriko a Maid in the Nohr route (since the Nohr route is infamous for not having a lot of Hidden Weapon, Staff, and Bow users)? Can I pull something off like having Kaze marry Felicia and inherit the Stubborness skill from Felicia and Lethality from her father, Midoriko getting married to Kanna with the Lance Fighter line, promote her as a Great Merchant to get the skills from the Great Merchant line, then reclass her into the Basara and finally Maid, and have something like Lethality, Stubborness, Easy Life, Extravagence, and Flamboyant (I know this isn't the best synergy since I have Lethality and it's based on Skill stat, but it's better than nothing).

But would you say that it's still a good idea to make Midoriko a Maid in the Nohr route (since the Nohr route is infamous for not having a lot of Hidden Weapon, Staff, and Bow users)? Can I pull something off like having Kaze marry Felicia and inherit the Stubborness skill from Felicia and Lethality from her father, Midoriko getting married to Kanna with the Lance Fighter line, promote her as a Great Merchant to get the skills from the Great Merchant line, then reclass her into the Basara and finally Maid, and have something like Lethality, Stubborness, Easy Life, Extravagence, and Flamboyant (I know this isn't the best synergy since I have Lethality and it's based on Skill stat, but it's better than nothing).

Lethality actually synergizes fairly well with Flamboyant IIRC. Since its activation rate is very low by itself, and Flamboyant gives a flat +15 boost to activation rates, it should proc around 1 of 3 times on average.

But yeah, that sounds like a good plan. You might not be able to get all of the skills unless you grind a bit, but it looks alright as a final kit. Keep in mind that Felicia's physical strength is very low, and combined with Kaze's negative mod, Midoriko might not hit as hard with regular kunai/shurikens. The Explosive Shuriken might be a good item to pick up. (Or whatever the magic shuriken is called. It should be obtainable in Nohr.)

Also, if you have a shortage of staff and bow users, Asyura comes midgame and has some solid stats to work with.

Edited by HeoandReo

Who's a good mom for Lutz? I'm thinking Belka cause then he gets Pegasus Warrior...

Belka is good and all, but Belka is much better for kids like Ignis or Velour, as she is better for kids who can become tanks.I prefer Pieri or Charlotte as mothers for Lutz, but mainly Pieri cause Charlotte is high in demand.Pieri gives Lutz a solid proc in Luna and possibly Vengeance if you pass down Luna from Arthur.While yes it seems unneeded since Arthur also has Cav but Lutz does not inherit it from his father so.Lutz already has what he needs to be a great kid, Wyvern Lord, Axefaire, Sol etc.With Cav access he can be much better.While yes Belka gives him Peg Warrior so Swallow Strike, but other then that he gets nothing.

Long story short, Pieri is better then Belka.

Invisible Kingdom? Maybe Sakuraā€¦. she will give Leo (and Foleo) the Priest class, which will promote to Exorcist, which lets him continue using his tomes and will let him learn Tomefaire. She also has a positive speed mod (which will dig Foleo out from the negative speed mod that Leo has) and she could gain the option of becoming a tomefaire Sorcerer herself if she wanted to. Foleo would be able to also use the staves of the Priest class even before promotion without messing around with his weapon ranks, as he starts as a Rod Knightā€¦.

Leo x Sakura:

Leo: Dark Mage/Dark Knight/Sorcerer, Rod Knight/Strategist/Butler, Priest/Mountain Priest/Exorcist (from Sakura)

Sakura: Priestess/War Priestess/Exorcist, Pegasus Warrior/Falcon Warrior/Golden Kite Warrior, Dark Mage/Dark Knight/Sorcerer (from Leo)

Foleo: Rod Knight/Strategist/Butler, Dark Mage/Dark Knight/Sorcerer, Priest/Mountain Priest/Exorcist