Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Can Yatogami - Final bonus stat can stack with other Weapons such as Horse God bonus stats, and Reverse God spells stats if in a class of Revenant Knight?

I know nothing about horse god or so, to be honest i've always thought horse god stats up works after attack, but if this works like yato then they probably stack up, however it's best if someone who played game would confirm this~

Edited by Eriotto

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods were overrated in Awakening Apothesis. Classes and Skills were more important and any slight statistical deficit from mods could be overcome with Pair up bonuses, LB, Tonics and Rallies.

Mods are highly important for hitting ds%, hit%, and doubling thresholds.

Mods are highly important for hitting ds%, hit%, and doubling thresholds.

None of which are important in main game anyway. Hell, you can't even dual strike on pair up so it doesn't matter out of attack and guard stance combo

I've been planning ahead for the US release and I wanted to ask if I had any terrible pairings planned, since this will be my first FE game that I will play with friends and probably do like PVP(I got Awakening after all my friends were done with it). And I know like nothing about growths and stuff like that, because I usually just use my favorite characters and barely use the kids, so most of my pairings were chosen for cool hair or based off which pairings I did in the Japanese version.

For Birthright:

Corrin x Saizou (What would be a good Corrin build for this?)

Orochi x Hinata

Rinkah x Jakob

Hana x Kaze

Kagerou x Ryoma

Felicia x Takumi

Setsuna x Silas

Hinoka x Nishiki

Azura x Asama

Sakura x Subaki

Mozu x Tsukiyomi

And I was planning on marrying Eponine for a Conquest playthrough(mainly because I love her design) who would be a better mother for her out of Selena and Nyx(again wanted that cool hair)? And if those two are terrible for her who would be a better mother?

If you don't want to go through all my comments, here is what I reccomend:

Corrin +Spd/-Luk x Saizou

Setsuna/Oboro x Hinata

Azura x Jakob

Felicia x Kaze

Kagerou x Ryoma

Hana/Oboro x Takumi

Mozu x Silas

Setsuna/Hana x Nishiki

Rinkah x Asama

Hinoka x Subaki

Sakura/Orochi x Tsukuyomi

I've been planning ahead for the US release and I wanted to ask if I had any terrible pairings planned, since this will be my first FE game that I will play with friends and probably do like PVP(I got Awakening after all my friends were done with it). And I know like nothing about growths and stuff like that, because I usually just use my favorite characters and barely use the kids, so most of my pairings were chosen for cool hair or based off which pairings I did in the Japanese version.

For Birthright:

Corrin x Saizou (What would be a good Corrin build for this?) I am not gonna say who you should pair up your MU with so I will just suggest a build. Give Corrin +Spd and -Luk. Gurei is in desperate need of Spd and Luk is not that important. A good secondary would be Cav for Luna access.

Orochi x Hinata Definately change. Hismae will be horribly slow, not even the Swordmaster Spd boost will save him. Setsuna or Hana would be better. Oboro can also work good here.

Rinkah x Jakob Meh. I would go Azura since generally, many do that. Rinkah would just put a detriment on Deere's Str and Spd.

Hana x Kaze Perfectly fine. The only problem is Kaze will get nothing from a Marriage Seal and Hana is useful elsewhere. Felicia could go here, since Midoriko works as a good hybrid unit.

Kagerou x Ryoma Perfectly fine again.

Felicia x Takumi Hana can also go here and Felicia should go with Kaze. Hana makes a good Takumi (Since he can get Astra and buddy someone else that is not Ryoma or Hinata) and Kisaragi. Oboro also works as her mods really complement Kisaragi but Takumi gets nothing from her in terms of Marriage Classes.

Setsuna x Silas Mozu should probably go here. Setsuna is needed by Hinata or can also go to Ryoma (But Kagerou is fine for Ryoma).

Hinoka x Nishiki A fine pairing. Though Setsuna can go here for an extremely fast Kinu.

Azura x Asama Rinkah should go here and Azura to Jakob.

Sakura x Subaki I would recommend putting Hinoka here. General consensus by a lot of people is that this makes the best Matoi.

Mozu x Tsukiyomi Sakura can go here. She is considered one of the best moms for Syalla.

And I was planning on marrying Eponine for a Conquest playthrough(mainly because I love her design) who would be a better mother for her out of Selena and Nyx(again wanted that cool hair)? And if those two are terrible for her who would be a better mother?

Nyx!Eponine is a monster unit, granting Eponine great Mag and Spellcaster, which is normally not available in Conquest unless it is your MU's secondary. Selena can work but nyx is better.

If you ever change your mind on marrying Saizou, Sakura and Orochi are considered good moms for Gurei as replacements for your MU.

If you don't want to go through all my comments, here is what I reccomend:

Corrin +Spd/-Luk x Saizou

Setsuna/Oboro x Hinata

Azura x Jakob

Felicia x Kaze

Kagerou x Ryoma

Hana/Oboro x Takumi

Mozu x Silas

Setsuna/Hana x Nishiki

Rinkah x Asama

Hinoka x Subaki

Sakura/Orochi x Tsukuyomi

If you ever change your mind on marrying Saizou, Sakura and Orochi are considered good moms for Gurei as replacements for your MU.

Thank you! And if I were to change my mind and not marry Saizou(or just for another playthrough or something) would it be better to go with Sakura x Yomi and Orochi x Saizou or the other way around?

Edited by Yotsume

Corrin x Saizou: Saizou could want a few things, but he's solid as is. Maybe a more reliable proc? You don't have to worry about being a magical Corrin since Grey actually has a higher magic base growth than STR.

Orochi x Hinata - Terrible. Hisame is doomed not only having slow parents, but a magic mom at that. Nice skill, and breaking sky can help with damage, but that's as good as it gets.

Rinkah x Jakob - Rinkah is a nice choice for someone like Jakob who doesn't care who his wife is. He gets a great supportive wife and a physical class, and their mods don't class too much.

Hana x Kaze - Solid enough. except that Kaze gets nothing out of it class wise. He's also already fast so pair up is redundant. Helps their daughter become stronger at least.

Kagerou x Ryoma - Great pair ups and a safe option for Kagerou's mods. Shinonome will have the highest strength growth possible out of the Hoshido children. Allows Ryoma to buddy Cyrus instead of Saizou.

Felicia x Takumi - Not good. Once again, magic isn't great for them, and kills their son's STR. Takumi doesn't need anything from the troubador class. Felicia can pick up some damaging skills.

Setsuna x Silas - Quick and sturdy. Works well if nobody else wants her speed. Both Silas and Sophie could make great archers.

Hinoka x Nishiki - Well rounded outside of defense, and gives great resistance. This is only really hindered by Nishiki giving her spellcaster.

Azura x Asama - Sounds really solid, actually. I'm surprised I never heard about it.

Sakura x Subaki - Nothing spectacular, and Sakura gets nothing from it. Not terrible, but Sakura is wanted elsewhere and Subaki wants a wife who can help with his speed/str or a lance fighter.

Mozu x Tsukiyomi - Despite what it seems, Syalla isn't cut out for a physical mom, however you could do worse. If doing an invisible kingdom playthrough, Yomi has access to the samurai line, which can give Syalla the deadly Line of Death/Extravagence combo. Even if it's not possible, Aptitude still helps this pairing out in the long run. Should work if you know what you're doing.

Thank you! And if I were to change my mind and not marry Saizou(or just for another playthrough or something) would it be better to go with Sakura x Yomi and Orochi x Saizou or the other way around?

Whatever you like really. They both work, it is just personal preference. I tend to go Sakura x Yomi due to, well ages but that's about it.

Corrin x Saizou: Saizou could want a few things, but he's solid as is. Maybe a more reliable proc? You don't have to worry about being a magical Corrin since Grey actually has a higher magic base growth than STR.

Orochi x Hinata - Terrible. Hisame is doomed not only having slow parents, but a magic mom at that. Nice skill, and breaking sky can help with damage, but that's as good as it gets.

Rinkah x Jakob - Rinkah is a nice choice for someone like Jakob who doesn't care who his wife is. He gets a great supportive wife and a physical class, and their mods don't class too much.

Hana x Kaze - Solid enough. except that Kaze gets nothing out of it class wise. He's also already fast so pair up is redundant. Helps their daughter become stronger at least.

Kagerou x Ryoma - Great pair ups and a safe option for Kagerou's mods. Shinonome will have the highest strength growth possible out of the Hoshido children. Allows Ryoma to buddy Cyrus instead of Saizou.

Felicia x Takumi - Not good. Once again, magic isn't great for them, and kills their son's STR. Takumi doesn't need anything from the troubador class. Felicia can pick up some damaging skills.

Setsuna x Silas - Quick and sturdy. Works well if nobody else wants her speed. Both Silas and Sophie could make great archers.

Hinoka x Nishiki - Well rounded outside of defense, and gives great resistance. This is only really hindered by Nishiki giving her spellcaster.

Azura x Asama - Sounds really solid, actually. I'm surprised I never heard about it.

Sakura x Subaki - Nothing spectacular, and Sakura gets nothing from it. Not terrible, but Sakura is wanted elsewhere and Subaki wants a wife who can help with his speed/str or a lance fighter.

Mozu x Tsukiyomi - Despite what it seems, Syalla isn't cut out for a physical mom, however you could do worse. If doing an invisible kingdom playthrough, Yomi has access to the samurai line, which can give Syalla the deadly Line of Death/Extravagence combo. Even if it's not possible, Aptitude still helps this pairing out in the long run. Should work if you know what you're doing.

Whatever you like really. They both work, it is just personal preference. I tend to go Sakura x Yomi due to, well ages but that's about it.

Thank you both of you!

i already posted this in another thread, but didn't get an answer. but these are my planned pairings and i want to know if they are good or not.

Jakob x Felicia

Silas x Oboro

Kaze x Mozume

Ryoma x Azura

Takumi x Hana

Saizou x Kagerou

Asama x Orochi

Hinata x Hinoka

Tsubaki x Rinkah

Tsukuyomi x Sakura

Nishiki x Setsuna

i already posted this in another thread, but didn't get an answer. but these are my planned pairings and i want to know if they are good or not.

Jakob x Felicia

Silas x Oboro

Kaze x Mozume

Ryoma x Azura

Takumi x Hana

Saizou x Kagerou

Asama x Orochi

Hinata x Hinoka

Tsubaki x Rinkah

Tsukuyomi x Sakura

Nishiki x Setsuna

Jakob x Felicia is neither good for parents nor for child.

Edited by Tooru

Who would be good for jacob then

The problems with Jakob x Felicia are that their mods negate eachother and that they join at opposite ends of the game.

Felicia boosts MAG and SPD, so she could reasonably marry Saizou or Tsukuyomi. Jakob could do well with any of the early STR women like Hinoka or Mozu.

Also, Orochi × Asama isn't ideal. Don't let their classes deceive you, Asama and Mitama are not mages and the latter doesn't need Orochi's reduced SPD or DEF.

Should i switch kazes and jacobs pairings then? Btw the only reason i pairee asama and orochi was because theh were the leftovers so what would be good for asama.

Looking for how these setups look for a go through each route. Any suggestions would be appriciated, especially for best avatar asset/flaws and 2nd classes for the avatar's spouse.

Birthright:

Male Run

Sakura/Tsukuyomi
Saizou/Setsuna
Asama/Hana
Hinata/Mozu
Takumi/Oboro
Ryouma/Kagerou
Jakob/Orochi
Kaze/Azura
Subaki/Felica
Nishiki/Rinkah/Hinoka
Silas/Hinoka/Rinkah

Female Run

Silas/Rinkah
Jakob/Azura
Setsuna/Asama
Orochi/Kaze
Nishiki/Hinoka
Subaki/Oboro
Saizou/Sakura
Tsukuyomi/Felica
Takumi/Hana
Oboro/Subaki/Hinata
Kagerou/Ryouma

Conquest:

Male Run

Xander/Charlotte
Elise/Odin
Leo/Nyx
Aqua/Kaze
Effie/Authur
Beruka/Benoit
Niles/Pieri/Camilla

Female Run

F!Corin/Lazward/Odin/Leo
Elise/Odin
Luna/Flannel
Jakob/Aqua/Camilla
Cyrus/Beruka
Niles/Pieri/Camilla
Xander/Charlotte/Effie

I'll worry about Revelations later.

Best husband and buddy seal for Luna/Selena? Best classes/skills/DLC classes/ DLC skills I absolutely love her character and want to make her as strong as possible for my Lunatic Nohr run--even if i have to set up a lot to feed her kills!

Cavalier would be the best option for her Marriage sealing to. It gives Open Assault which fixes up most combat issues she may be having. Samurai also works if you're into that kinda of gamble for her.

If i do Mozume ( Archer ) X Kaze, it's better to pass Aptitude or Prescient Victory to Midoriko ?

Prescient Victory.

Or you can pass Luna from Mozu A+ Effie

Or Extravagance from Mozu A+ Oboro

Or Lifetaker from Mozu A+ Nyx

Regardless of my personal preferences, what would arguably be the best Avatar secondary class to choose for some combination of his benefit, his wife's benefit, and Kanna's benefit if he's marrying Oboro!Matoi or Hinoka!Matoi. Likewise, asset/flaw?

Mods don't matter that much in the main game, so I assume there growth rates will be more dominant. For postgame, just for those wondering what these potential wives have for stat mods:

Oboro!Matoi: +1 Str, +0 Mag, +4 Skill, +0 Spd, -1 Lck, +5 Def, -1 Res.

Hinoka!Matoi: +1 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skill, +0 Spd, +0 Lck, +3 Def, +2 Res

Both have class sets of Pegasus Warrior, Samurai, and Lance Fighter.

Would Cavalier be the best pick here? +STR/-LCK. Matoi could clearly make use of the class…. Or is something else?

My personal aesthetic preference, would be something closer to Dark Mage, +MAG/-LCK, but I don't think its really the best for this pairing… Matoi doesn't seem to really want Dark Mage, although perhaps Dark Knight + Falcon pair-up would be good for Shocksticking……

But, on the other hand, Cavalier Avatar with Matoi does have a certain advantage over Dark Knight Avatar….. it develops a decent lance rank, so maybe they could dip into Pegasus for a level later in the game for Swallow Strike without E-rank weapon problems (as they already built a lance rank when they had swords + lances in Cavalier).

But Bind does seem really nice for Dark Knight…..

But +STR Great Knight (derived form Cavalier) would have a ton of fire power (albeit less accuracy) behind Yato that could cut through the final bosses fairly easily, and Yato + Swallow Strike + Pegasus Pair-up would be an effective +13 attack speed bonus. [Of course, you CAN pick up Swallow Strike even if you go Dark Knight, but you suffer E-rank hell during that level, whereas you've had advance time to prepare as a cavalier).

Your thoughts?

If you marry a lance fighter!Matoi, then the only thing her and Kanna want is +SPD/Cav. Their aren't many versatile lance classes, and Paladin is easily the most balanced of them all. However, Matoi will want to stay a Lance Fighter unless you really want to put emphasis on her high defense. Kanna just wants speed, and she'll be complete.