• personality
    • support conversation
    • not as good looking
    • racial bias
    • I actually like them
    • I like them but not as much as Nohr
    • other
    • I like them equally

Do so many people need to be vindicated in their like/dislike of a character? How many threads have popped up with people complaining about people saying certain characters are bad, or asking "how could you possibly hate these chars?" The only reason people make threads like these is not to "find out why the chars are hated" but instead for people to drown the thread with "you crazy? I LOVE those characters!" Look if you like the characters you like them, if people dislike them then so what? If you feel the need to be vindicated in your like/dislike of a character then maybe you should sit down and really think about whether you actually like the character and why. If this is really about seeing some "Hoshido love" you could have simply made a Hoshido support thread where everyone talks everything Hoshido... it'd attract Hoshido fans a lot more than this thread and you'd even get bonus points for originality.

During the "who do you fight for" phase, the answer was overwhelmingly Nohr. If you look at the member badges regarding who we fight for, you'll see more Nohr than Hoshido. The only other site I can speak for is GameFAQs, where the Nohr boards are the main ones, not the Hoshido ones (I haven't looked at the contents of the boards, simply the rankings). Perhaps it's better/worse elsewhere.

Thus, this is one of those times where I think a topic like this isn't completely unnecessary. If I thought it was, I would've made it clear the first time I posted.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least from what I've seen, fan work has been more overwhelmingly Nohr as well, and at times I feel more pressure to even put out Lobster art because so few other people draw him compared to Marx. I see a lot of love for the Nohr siblings in fanwork in general -- and don't get me wrong, I really like them as well, but it sucks when I don't see fanwork on the Hoshido siblings almost ever. Support translations go the same way. I feel that unless you're one of the people who actually imported and can read Japanese and formulate your opinions of characters based on that, wouldn't it be too early to write off Hoshidans until people get around to translating them?

I mean hell, I thought I wouldn't like Charlotte based on the combination of her 2-line character blurb and the name of her personal skill, but it turns out I really like her now.

Edited by Thor Odinson

At least from what I've seen, fan work has been more overwhelmingly Nohr as well, and at times I feel more pressure to even put out Lobster art because so few other people draw him compared to Marx. I see a lot of love for the Nohr siblings in fanwork in general -- and don't get me wrong, I really like them as well, but it sucks when I don't see fanwork on the Hoshido siblings almost ever. Support translations go the same way. I feel that unless you're one of the people who actually imported and can read Japanese and formulate your opinions of characters based on that, wouldn't it be too early to write off Hoshidans until people get around to translating them?

I mean hell, I thought I wouldn't like Charlotte based on the combination of her 2-line character blurb and the name of her personal skill, but it turns out I really like her now.

I agree with you. I've only read a handfull of Hoshidan supports and most of them are of the Hoshidan siblings but I feel more in love with them because of these few supports..

I didn't thought I would like Charlotte either and she has become one of my favourite Norh characters because of her supports.