Kozaki Yusuke Draws Felicia for Japan Expo

kingddd

Interesting. He uses for the darkest shade and goes lighter where he sees fit. It instantly reminded me of this one exercise where you color the page in black charcoal as dark as you can and then erase to get the lighter tones.

I'm still new to computer artwork so I might take some notes on his and others' styles.

This. I also love how his line art has a pencil-like texture.

I want to steal his brush settings.

This. I also love how his line art has a pencil-like texture.

I want to steal his brush settings.

yeah I really love the pencil texture he uses. It really gives a nice hybrid of traditional and digital art all pact into one and once it's finished, and lower res'ed it looks amazing to see.

RCi85xx.png

Very cool video. :)

I don't think he'll be back for the next one, though I wouldn't be disappointed if he did.

IS would probably beg for him to stay again they were relieved he came back so that's a good sign.

The texture and shading he uses for Felicias face and outfit just pops out and feels vibrant you could tell he improved since awakening and the artwork there was already great it shows that he loves designing these characters I can't wait to see all the characters in Fates in high res!

Edited by DragonLordKamui

IS would probably beg for him to stay again they were relieved he came back so that's a good sign.

Well, judging from that article that explained what happened, Kozaki coming back was kind of because they were in a bit of a rush to get things going after getting the green light to make another FE game, and they weren't sure if they could find someone to fulfill the character quota for the game.

So since Kozaki had prior experience and the dev team liked him, they voted to bring him back and he accepted.

So, I think they might get someone else since I think they probably already have an idea of what to do next since Fates it sure to sell enough to justify more games.

Well, judging from that article that explained what happened, Kozaki coming back was kind of because they were in a bit of a rush to get things going after getting the green light to make another FE game, and they weren't sure if they could find someone to fulfill the character quota for the game.

So since Kozaki had prior experience and the dev team liked him, they voted to bring him back and he accepted.

So, I think they might get someone else since I think they probably already have an idea of what to do next since Fates it sure to sell enough to justify more games.hey you never know maybe He'll be back again I don't know how they'll top this art style if there's another designer since were pretty much use to this one but it's exciting nonetheless.

^hey you never know maybe He'll be back again I don't know how they'll top this art style if there's another designer since were pretty much use to this one but it's exciting nonetheless.

Edited by Balcerzak

With recent events I'm pretty sure that Nintendo and IS want him to be available for the future. You don't have someone going to events to promote your products if you just want to dump them afterwards. Kozaki is also a celebrity artist, so having him around gives the franchise a kind of prestige most other artists can't.

^hey you never know maybe He'll be back again I don't know how they'll top this art style if there's another designer since were pretty much use to this one but it's exciting nonetheless.

I don't think that will be an issue.

We had Senri Kita do 2 straight FE games before but we still got used to styles used since.

Though, to be honest, I'd love to see Senri Kita some back. PoR and RD have my favorite art style in the series. Sachiko Wada is my 2nd favorite, followed by Kozaki at 3rd favorite.

Also, on a side-note. It seems Felicia is the only non-royal that has an official artwork beyond Portraits.

Is this confirmed? That would be sad, as I was hoping to see full-body official art for all the characters, like in past games.

Is this confirmed? That would be sad, as I was hoping to see full-body official art for all the characters, like in past games.

Felicia is the only one who has her artwork publicly shown. The remaining characters will likely be shown later on.

Felicia is the only one who has her artwork publicly shown. The remaining characters will likely be shown later on.

yeah that's definitely gonna happen don't worry about that all of them will be most likely be shown after the 3rd paths release since it'll have all the characters from the game.

That was truly amazing. Kozaki is definitely my favorite Fire Emblem artist, I adore his style. After seeing this, I for sure want him to remain as the FE artist.

Well Kozaki is the guy who has the connections to get Kibayashi to write Fates' story. I don't know if this means Intelligent Systems is going to make an effort to keep him for the games after, but Kozaki did help in more than just designs.

Edited by IceBuster573