Blood in Fire Emblem Fates?

^ I think we are getting a bit off topic but yeah that joke flys pretty majestically.

Anyway i hope they don't censor it, it doesn't seem that bad i would let my little sister play this game. But i can never get the reasoning american censors use, but i am stuck with their media sadly.

^ I think we are getting a bit off topic but yeah that joke flys pretty majestically.

Anyway i hope they don't censor it, it doesn't seem that bad i would let my little sister play this game. But i can never get the reasoning american censors use, but i am stuck with their media sadly.

yeah that's very unfortunate ....

By western standards, not always to the individual companies' standards. Megaman Zero for example, had a splat ton of blood in its opening sequence but it was entirely removed in the western release.

westerns don't know how to censor anything they just make themselves look laughably silly.

...Do you guys even know WHY it was removed? Capcom did it of their own choice because they wanted to keep an E rating on the game. And they kept the "blood" in the intro sequence; they just removed it whenever Zero slices enemies in half.

I would be surpised if this gotten censored here in the states the country has a warped view on things. Violence is okay but intimacy or nudity is some sort of trigger for many.

I'll try to explain it: we exposed to some form of violence at an early age (usually just gooshing bugs and such). We're also told not to do that, and the violence = bad is ingrained into us at an early age. Plus, it's kind of everywhere in fiction and media; you largely become desensitized to it in fiction.

Sex is something that comes along much later in life, and admit it, when you first had "the talk" (or found out on your own) you were plenty weirded out by it at first. And then throw in curiosity and rebelliousness, coupled with unwanted pregnancy and the prevalence of the belief in abstinence... you get the idea.

In Japan, the culture's different; there's much more respect towards animal life and more openness about sensuality and being comfortable with your body; this ties back to traditions. Violence isn't as common in media, so people aren't as desensitized to it, so it isn't as common... a bit of a circle.

"Warped" is entirely subjective; it's cultural differences first and foremost. And that's also the source of censoring: what's deemed appropriate for a certain audience when taking into account cultural differences.

Anyway, I've gotten off track (and don't want to start an argument): nothing I see here looks like it will get removed. I remember seeing something about this earlier in, but forgot.

...Do you guys even know WHY it was removed? Capcom did it of their own choice because they wanted to keep an E rating on the game. And they kept the "blood" in the intro sequence; they just removed it whenever Zero slices enemies in half.

I'll try to explain it: we exposed to some form of violence at an early age (usually just gooshing bugs and such). We're also told not to do that, and the violence = bad is ingrained into us at an early age. Plus, it's kind of everywhere in fiction and media; you largely become desensitized to it in fiction.

Sex is something that comes along much later in life, and admit it, when you first had "the talk" (or found out on your own) you were plenty weirded out by it at first. And then throw in curiosity and rebelliousness, coupled with unwanted pregnancy and the prevalence of the belief in abstinence... you get the idea.

In Japan, the culture's different; there's much more respect towards animal life and more openness about sensuality and being comfortable with your body; this ties back to traditions. Violence isn't as common in media, so people aren't as desensitized to it, so it isn't as common... a bit of a circle.

"Warped" is entirely subjective; it's cultural differences first and foremost. And that's also the source of censoring: what's deemed appropriate for a certain audience when taking into account cultural differences.

Anyway, I've gotten off track (and don't want to start an argument): nothing I see here looks like it will get removed. I remember seeing something about this earlier in, but forgot.

I was referring to western companies censoring being laughably silly in General not just one game all in all I doubt this will get censored.

wait what ? HOW did I not notice this ? * o *

but interesting !

um, also I'm not sure if it's just my game or what, but rather than blood,

sometimes when I fight the enemie units, they're stripped down to their undergarments ?

Is this just me ? like, one minute I'll be fighting some cavalier on a horse, and the next minute the SAME cavalier's wearing nothing but shorts.

???? ; A ;

wait what ? HOW did I not notice this ? * o *

but interesting !

um, also I'm not sure if it's just my game or what, but rather than blood,

sometimes when I fight the enemie units, they're stripped down to their undergarments ?

Is this just me ? like, one minute I'll be fighting some cavalier on a horse, and the next minute the SAME cavalier's wearing nothing but shorts.

???? ; A ;

Sophie (Silas's daughter) blows up people's clothes whenever she initiates an attack. It's kind of funny when done on important people like Leon. "Think you can still act that cool when in your underwears?"

Regarding this thread, I'm kind of wondering what triggers battle damage appearing. Early on in the game, some of my units occasionally had battle damage appear in regular battles, then later on it seemed to only happen when receiving a crit, then by game end it never happened to my units (unless killed), so I'm not sure what triggers that.

Sophie (Silas's daughter) blows up people's clothes whenever she initiates an attack. It's kind of funny when done on important people like Leon. "Think you can still act that cool when in your underwears?"

Regarding this thread, I'm kind of wondering what triggers battle damage appearing. Early on in the game, some of my units occasionally had battle damage appear in regular battles, then later on it seemed to only happen when receiving a crit, then by game end it never happened to my units (unless killed), so I'm not sure what triggers that.

OH LOL that explains a lot, I've been using her a ton xD

and that's a funny thought, though I think it's stopped happening since I promoted her to the white blood class ~

that be shocking if they do since blood is ok by western standards.

Depends on who the game's marketed to primarily. If it's not viewed as mature title (not necessarily rated M) they might change the color of it or remove it altogether.

Depends on who the game's marketed to primarily. If it's not viewed as mature title (not necessarily rated M) they might change the color of it or remove it altogether.

again western censorship is laughable even T ratings have blood plus this is a mature game about war so I don't see it being censored.

I think Phoenix mode. I saw it during an Amiibo battle against Marth. The player's units kept dying and when respawning they looked like they had been rolling on the mud.

http://www.twitch.tv/hamayama/b/671656794

At around 8:00:00, you can see the battle.

I think Phoenix mode. I saw it during an Amiibo battle against Marth. The player's units kept dying and when respawning they looked like they had been rolling on the mud.

http://www.twitch.tv/hamayama/b/671656794

At around 8:00:00, you can see the battle.

Battle damage can happen even on Classic mode with a unit that's still living. I had it happen about once per stage early on average (usually on Hana), but later on it only started happening if I got crit by my unit lived, and at game's end it never ever happened anymore (unless a unit died or got KOed). That's why I'm wondering what besides getting KOed/killed can cause battle damage to appear.

Battle damage can happen even on Classic mode with a unit that's still living. I had it happen about once per stage early on average (usually on Hana), but later on it only started happening if I got crit by my unit lived, and at game's end it never ever happened anymore (unless a unit died or got KOed). That's why I'm wondering what besides getting KOed/killed can cause battle damage to appear.

Maybe it's about getting hit getting a great amount of damage, maybe related to max HP or character's current level.

yeah and Sophies personal skill can trigger it too!

Not really. Sophie's skill leaves the enemy character in their undies. I think it might be somewhat useful for castle battles in order to strip characters of their accesories bonuses (Marth's Tiara, Ike's Shoulder Guard...). Somebody can check this?

If that's the case, maybe equiping some of your characters with brigand's weapons, which have the same side effect of destroying armor.

Edited by paladin21