Those poor English voice actors...

It makes me smile whenever I think about the faces of the voice actors reading their lines to record the skinship lines. I imagine some of them have a hard time keeping a straight face, but I'd imagine most feel closer to this:

tumblr_inline_nfnnb7I7k01qzria2.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes me smile whenever I think about the faces of the voice actors reading their lines to record the skinship lines. I imagine some of them have a hard time keeping a straight face, but I'd imagine most feel closer to this:

God have mercy on camilla's voice actress

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, actually.

I wouldn't want to be the VA of anyone for Fates. I wouldn't be able to take the FE Amie thing seriously.

More like be too embarrassed to actually do any of the lines.

For the english version, I imagine that would be really weird because I don't think that's a common thing to have to do. Some of the Japanese VAs on the other hand voice things like drama CDs where they already have to say things like this so it's probably not so weird for them. Like Takumi's for example *cough cough*.

Ahahahaha! This is so true. I would LOVE to see 'behind-the-scenes' footage of the actors and actresses reciting their lines.

I can imagine them actually saying things like "WTF is this?!" between takes.

It shouldn't be much different from providing a voice for a toy. Tara Strong for example should have enough experience for that sort of thing, considering that she voiced a certain bookwormish unicorn.

Edited by Just call me AL

Why is a large part of this forum incredibly naive or dumb at what the game and anime industry does? I really do believe they literally do not play or watch anything beyond movies at this point.

Echoing the thought they'll just make it more jokey/funny then romantic ala Awakening's confessions.

But imagine how hilariously awkward it would be if they went through with it.

They'll probably cut out the whole feature or make the lines more dorky/funny than suggestive/romantic, like they did with Awakening's confession scenes.

Echoing the thought they'll just make it more jokey/funny then romantic ala Awakening's confessions.

It'd be nice if they went through with it, but yeah, godspeed to them should they do so. Thinking I might just switch to Japanese audio if they do.

A lot of you don't give VAs much credit. This game won't even have the most lewd lines these actors have read.

Who here has played Conception 2? A lot of FE13 VAs are on it.

Lol, these guys and girls are all professional voice actors. Many of them do other videogames, various anime, and even hentai. I think the whole skin ship thing will be just another day at the office to them. The real question is what direction will the localization team take. Will they make it more humorous and ridiculous like Awakening was or will there be more of a serious tone. Honestly I think they'll take the serious route, this game is a lot darker than Awakening was.

Lol, these guys and girls are all professional voice actors. Many of them do other videogames, various anime, and even hentai. I think the whole skin ship thing will be just another day at the office to them. The real question is what direction will the localization team take. Will they make it more humorous and ridiculous like Awakening was or will there be more of a serious tone. Honestly I think they'll take the serious route, this game is a lot darker than Awakening was.

It's a lot darker then Awakening was as far as the main story goes, but a lot of supports don't seem that way, and especially not Amie.

I expect them to be very humorous about it. After all, very few people here in the west take it that seriously(which is also exactly why we're all calling it Fire Emblem Amie).

So, so much true.

The japanese actors I see them being all, 'Kinda weird, but whatever it's my job.', but the english actors... just holy crap. :p

So, so much true.

The japanese actors I see them being all, 'Kinda weird, but whatever it's my job.', but the english actors... just holy crap. :p

They'll get anime VAs for this, 9/10 chance they've done similar/worst. Like, WHOEVER they get to voice Camilla would likely have voiced a bunch of similar characters.

Even if they give a serious read of the lines, they'll be laughing it off

It'd be nice if they went through with it, but yeah, godspeed to them should they do so. Thinking I might just switch to Japanese audio if they do.

If you plan to marry Camilla, you definitely should stick to the Japanese VA, because no English VA will ever surpass Miyuki Sawashiro.

(Same thing for Zero. Who don't want to here seductive worlds from DIO himself ?)

I mean of course they would go through with it, doesn't make it any less awkward.

During a panel iirc Matthew Mercer said that recording Chrom's confession scene was awkward, think of the Amie lines in comparison.

I think it's actually easier for Camilla's voice actress; I know of several voice actors/actresses who really like playing the super sexy character. It's probably much harder to play someone who's supposed to be serious, and then go from that to "I want to bed you!", as opposed to Camilla who is suggestive throughout the whole game.

Edited by Thane

Well if they had some of the VA's that Altus/Xseed uses I doubt it would phase them at all. I was actually listening to the Persona Q MARRY ALL THE PEOPLE lines for the P4 protagonist. And that game... that games is a special precious gift. Since you can get male characters as your "chosen partner" during a part of the game. That includes, all the males, a 10 year old kid, and a dog. Plus the P3 protagonist.

Makes me kind of hope they do an FE game like Persona 4: Dance All Night because THAT would be awkward and hilarious to voice.

Well if they had some of the VA's that Altus/Xseed uses I doubt it would phase them at all. I was actually listening to the Persona Q MARRY ALL THE PEOPLE lines for the P4 protagonist. And that game... that games is a special precious gift. Since you can get male characters as your "chosen partner" during a part of the game. That includes, all the males, a 10 year old kid, and a dog. Plus the P3 protagonist.

Makes me kind of hope they do an FE game like Persona 4: Dance All Night because THAT would be awkward and hilarious to voice.

"This is serious! Our hands are fused like paparazzi at a scandal! They cannot be separated!" - and then she lifts him up bridal style.

Oh Aigis...I hope Karen Strassman voices someone in Fates as well; she was Anna in Awakening, so I'm keeping my hopes up.