Nohr: When to promote?

Tamarsamar

Without going into special classes, here is what I understand about this game so far:

*The level cap for both non-promoted and promoted (without Eternal Seals) classes is 20.

*Master Seals can be used at non-promoted level 10, and regardless of your level, set you to promoted level 1.

*Un-promoting or any other method of level reset is impossible.

*Exp is finite in Nohr.

When Master Sealing at level 10, one can more easily and quickly access their higher levels of the promoted classes, but in exchange the stats gained from leveling from non-promoted 10 to 20 are essentially lost forever. Master Sealing at level 20 ensured you have those stats, but at the cost of putting off access to higher promoted levels. Especially when factoring in skills like Noble Lineage or Fortune, how would one determine when it is appropriate to Master Seal to get the most out of any given unit? The existence of Eternal Seals and their requirement of another finite resource (large amounts of gold) only confounds things further . . .

Of course, the correct answer is to funnel all exp into Kanna and their spouse and distribute Eternal Seals accordingly.

Edited by Tamarsamar

It's not hard to get your units to level 20 unpromoted, trust me. Midway through Nohr I was vastly superior to almost all enemies despite a relatively slow start. EXP scales, as well, I think, so it's not hard to get an underleveled unit back up to where they need to be.

I've seen MyCastle opponents who have promoted too early and their stats are just dismal compared to an unpromoted level 20 counterpart.

I say wait until level 20 or close to it.

So definitely more 20-ish than 10-ish, then. Okay, thank you!

Side question on special classes (Azura, Felicia?, Jakob?): do they basically auto-promote at 21, in terms of Parallel Seal usage?

So definitely more 20-ish than 10-ish, then. Okay, thank you!

Side question on special classes (Azura, Felicia?, Jakob?): do they basically auto-promote at 21, in terms of Parallel Seal usage?

Yep.For Aqua, once you go past level 20 you can not reclass into a 1st tier class.

Felicia and Jakob are already promoted so yeah.

I don't know why anyone would promote at less than 20 unless they've already rammed their important caps; or they're part of annoyingly slow levelling class (old GBA Clerics; I know I promoted some of them at 15-18 just to get their Bishop magic up).