[Battle: FE9] ^ Why are talking about yourself in 3rd person?

Espinosa

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a message from Lord Nergal. "I await you on the Dread Isle.”

[spoiler=see teams here]

Anon's team

plz9.png3jbw.pngiqfw.pnghfz5.pngxtci.png

vs.

Horace's team!

lwus.pngkkny.pngpc1u.png8h5g.pngh99n.png

Turn 12.

plz9.png vs. lwus.png

Anon's Makalov (Silver Lance+) attacks Horace's Devdan (Silver Lance+)!

Devdan activates Nihil!

24 dmg 66% hit 0% crit

(38 15 91)

Devdan receives 24/55 damage!

Devdan counterattacks!

Devdan activates Resolve!

32 dmg 100% hit 2% crit

(19 95 58)

Makalov receives 32/58 damage!

Devdan attacks again!

(89 26 92)

Makalov receives 26/58 damage!

Makalov is KO'd!

Anon                  Horace
Makalov 0/58          Devdan 1/55
Brom 0/55             Boyd 0/60
Boyd 0/60             Tormod 0/47
Devdan  0/60          Mist 0/46
Naesala 43/62 [1/20]  Ike 0/52

Horace acts next.

[spoiler=see teams here]

Anon's team

plz9.png3jbw.pngiqfw.pnghfz5.pngxtci.png

vs.

Horace's team!

lwus.pngkkny.pngpc1u.png8h5g.pngh99n.png

Turn 13.

Devdan: are we ready?

xtci.png vs. lwus.pnglwus.pnglwus.pnglwus.pnglwus.pnglwus.pnglwus.pnglwus.pnglwus.pnglwus.png

Horace's Devdan (Brave Lance) attacks Anon's Naesala!

Devdan activates Nihil!

Devdan activates Resolve!

22x2 dmg 73% hit 0% crit

(72 27 6)

Naesala receives 22/62 damage! (43 -> 21 HP)

(82 96 68)

Devdan misses!

Naesala counterattacks!

9 dmg 80% hit 0% crit

(98 1 43)

Devdan receives 1/55 damage!

Devdan is KO'd!

Naesala untransforms!

Anon                  Horace
Makalov 0/58          Devdan 0/55
Brom 0/55             Boyd 0/60
Boyd 0/60             Tormod 0/47
Devdan  0/60          Mist 0/46
Naesala 21/62 [0/20]  Ike 0/52

Anon has won the match 1-0! Congrats!

DEVDAN WHY

i played pretty badly, shoulda nuked brom with tormod immediately

devdan you're still my hero

I certainly made my mistakes as well, with Mist. I thought that lost me the game, but I was able to recover due to Naesala's mad dodging skills. Where's your 'Sub-Human's Only Count 1/2' now?

Devdan is still best. He's actually really good in Cut Supports, because he has a good affinity and good supports with units who don't really need boosters.

I was actually going to have Mist on my team instead of Devdan, but I traded her to him since he took fewer boosters (aside from speedwings, he took a lot of those), would be tankier, and could support Makalov as well.

So, any interesting team building stories on your end?

I had someone else other than Ike initially... I think Rolf.

Other than that I just wanted to make another devdan team

But yeah Makabrom is a lot stronger than Tormod/Mist haha. Especially when they just get oneshotted by Boyd. I forgot how good Boyd was.

Edited by General Horace

Katti Hax top tier. +3 defense on Generals is too good for me to pass up.

I'm actually surprised how close Horace was to beating a MakaBrom team.

But yeah Makabrom is a lot stronger than Tormod/Mist haha. Especially when they just get oneshotted by Boyd. I forgot how good Boyd was.

Makabrom is probably why I did so much better. They're both fairly tanky and complete a support square with Devdan and Boyd.

I had someone else other than Ike initially... I think Rolf.

Parity Rolf? I assume you didn't intend for him to have parity, parity seems pretty bad on snipers.

Other than that I just wanted to make another devdan team

The most noble of goals.

Is Deadeye still good? I assume Deadeye is still good, since it lets you land Brave hits better.

Heheh, the number of units Mist supports it too damn high!

Hey, when we do custom skills, you get a free copy on units who have the skill innately, right? So you can have Vantage on Mia and one other person. I think that's the case, but I don't remember and have been operating like that wasn't the case.

So...share teams?

I can't remember if I'd ever seen Ike go down so easily (though surely there have been plenty of instances of Deadeye procs and Rolf crits and whatnot). I guess most people give him a robe or something?

Breaking Boyd's supports is one way of reducing the risk of his Brave Bow attacks, because he will whiff too often to be reliable. And of course, Nihiloyds are very common when players aim for effectiveness not novelty.

edit: crap, didn't realise I had this topic opened in two windows at two different times.

Edited by Snoop Dogg

Yeah, that's how Tauroneo always ensures you have two Resolvers on one team.

Right, time to use Tauroneo more often.

I can't remember if I'd ever seen Ike go down so easily (though surely there have been plenty of instances of Deadeye procs and Rolf crits and whatnot). I guess most people give him a robe or something?

Breaking Boyd's supports is one way of reducing the risk of his Brave Bow attacks, because he will whiff too often to be reliable. And of course, Nihiloyds are very common when players aim for effectiveness not novelty.

edit: crap, didn't realise I had this topic opened in two windows at two different times.

Ike got owned, but had I ignored him I probably would have had trouble with him later. Maybe it would have been better to use Brom to take out Devdan, I don't know.

Yeah, that's another reason I went after Mist so quickly. I took out Tormod first to break his support with Devdan, and also so he couldn't use Bolting, then tried to take out Mist since she looked easy enough to defeat to start breaking Boyd's supports. That still left Devdan for quite a while though. I do try to be more effective, so I think that Horace almost one with a team I'd call more 'novel' is a complement to him, or an insult to me.

Heheheh.

i mean most of my teams have been pretty un meta, running THE META STRATS is just not as fun.

although i think this might have been my worst team so far, except my all laguz one. Like nobody had enough statboosters.

Yeah, the main reason Top Tier units are top tier is because they don't take too many stat boosters to leave some for whoever it is you're investing into (Tauroneo appears to be the main one) or any new gimmick you're trying.

Anyone interested in PoR's max stats meta at all? I think it looks pretty interesting if we just agree to keep all Laguz banned (everytime we played max stats, there were several Laguz on the same team and it all was just a huge mess). Massive HP and defensive stats provide new dynamics and situations. Tome users are likely pretty worthless, even with Rexflame allowed (which we should let back in the cut supports meta anyway).

Edited by Snoop Dogg

I'm interested in it, actually. It makes a lot of units pretty useless, because they can't hit their HP cap and end up with like, 20-some luck when plenty of units have forty, but as is a lot of other units are pretty useless anyway.

The max stats table doesn't include the possibility of stat boosters, so it'd make sense to turn the max stats meta into a max stats + boosters (and custom skills) one.

The big change is that everybody is suddenly really bulky, but not everyone is equally bulky. I'm sure Brave weapons won't be ORKOing full HP units in it, so you'll have to play more strategically... I think? No Vague Katti crits because of capped luck, too. Could be fun to try out with more depth.