Wiped game data?

mimasho

Aaah I'm really freaking out, it's about 2am so I was really tired and I think I deleted ALL of my saved FE:if gameplay ? ; A ; I was messing around on "My Castle" stuff before I got to the home page to edit my team for online multiplayer, and a few moments later, I am redirected nto the start screen !

When I try to start the game, it prompts me for the what difficulty I want to play, and even though I save very consistently during battles, I can't seem to find those files either ; A ; I am playing on a physical copy -did I somehow delete my SD card info or something ?

The same thing happened to me in my Awkening save files. I was messing around in the SD card memory and wiped out the date somehow I'm not sure how but it happened but it's really not a big deal I just started the game all over again. As long as the same doesn't happen again you don't have to worry about it.

That happened to me on my secondary 3DS (with no FE games on it, thankfully). Basically, you're not supposed to modify anything at all in the Nintendo 3DS folder (changes to contents outside of that folder are fine). Any tiniest change will wipe everything (or at least, the game affected). Backups will not work in most cases, either (the 3DS seems to keep track of those files in the system itself); nor will copying save data from someone else's 3DS.

Also, Fire Emblem if with DLC or Fire Emblem if Special Edition's save data beyond the first three slots are saved to the SD card rather than the game card itself.

To play safe, just don't remove the SD card at all. The only exception is when moving files to a different SD card; and if you do, make sure your 3DS is turned off in the entire process.

That did happen to my brother's copy of Sacred Stones, but I'm sure it was a completely different thing considering it was for the GBA.

Thanks for the replies, guys ; A ;

yeah, I was hoping that somehow I would be able to extract the info from the SD card (not that I've tried), but now it looks like my only option is to start over ; m ;

alskfjsl aaaah nearly 100+ hours lost though, I'm so upset ><

my older sister's solution

start my Nohr route and rage kill all Hoshido people

mom's solution

pretend that it's my second playthrough and make a super OP team

sighs

feeling so lifeless now...this is the first time I've made such a dumb mistake since I've played the FE series ; m ;

buuuut I guess that's what I get for playing half asleep and trying to turn on streetpass without my contacts ; m ;

Edited by mimasho

Thanks for the replies, guys ; A ;

yeah, I was hoping that somehow I would be able to extract the info from the SD card (not that I've tried), but now it looks like my only option is to start over ; m ;

alskfjsl aaaah nearly 100+ hours lost though, I'm so upset ><

my older sister's solution

start my Nohr route and rage kill all Hoshido people

mom's solution

pretend that it's my second playthrough and make a super OP team

sighs

feeling so lifeless now...this is the first time I've made such a dumb mistake since I've played the FE series ; m ;

buuuut I guess that's what I get for playing half asleep and trying to turn on streetpass without my contacts ; m ;

Well at least you get to romance Oboro all over again right?

Well at least you get to romance Oboro all over again right?

LOOL aaah I could never bring myself to S-support Oboro without resetting because I like her too much with Takumi ヽ(o♡o)/

plus I always play as female my first run...but yes...more oboro is a good motivator ; u ;

This is incredibly disheartening. D: I certainly hope it does occur again!

yeah, I had a panic attack and couldn't sleep all night ; m ;

oh well, I'll just hardcore play for the next few days until I catch up cries

and yes, I'll have to be super careful to make sure it does not occur again, haha ! ; U ;

Wait, this is a thing that actually happened? How did you guys even get to the SD card's memory files to mess around with it? This likely won't be a concern for my English 3DS, but if it's possible to somehow fuck over my Japanese 3DS because I didn't know what I was doing I'd like to avoid doing that. Also, are there any options I shouldn't select in My Castle? I haven't gotten screwed over yet messing around with stuff, but I'd rather not push my luck.

Wait, this is a thing that actually happened? How did you guys even get to the SD card's memory files to mess around with it? This likely won't be a concern for my English 3DS, but if it's possible to somehow fuck over my Japanese 3DS because I didn't know what I was doing I'd like to avoid doing that. Also, are there any options I shouldn't select in My Castle? I haven't gotten screwed over yet messing around with stuff, but I'd rather not push my luck.

No, let me explain what happened to my game file:

(I'm going to spoiler this and write in great depth what happened because I think my first post might be confusing people because I was panicking when I wrote it ; u ; )

It was 2am, I've been sleeping consistently for four hours a day, so I was tired already; I was messing around on the "My Castle" menus, visiting castles, fighting and whatnot...my memory's kind of fuzzy because I was REALLY sleepy and I didn't have my contacts in -

what I remember doing, is realizing that I had Spotpass and streetpass disabled, so I clicked the button that directs you to the home page to enable it -the game will make sure you save BEFORE doing so, which is what happened.

First note that I rarely use my d-pad, secondly, note that I have incredibly long nails. Basically, it's very easy for my fingers to slip with that combination. The buttons that enable and spotpass are located directly above the button that wipes your game data. I did not realize this, because all that registered in my mind at the time was that I pressed the spotpass button, and being the impatient person I am, I clicked "confirm" without properly reading the dialogue (also because I didn't have contacts in and was in bed, so I didn't feel like reading any dialogue, I was mostly just grinding resources that night).

After I clicked the "erase all memory" button, all of my information, was of course, deleted. That included the chapter saves and everything. So if I tried playing the game again, it kept on prompting me for difficulty selection, modes, etc etc.

This is when I fully woke up and began freaking out.

Since of course, I would prefer to get me 100+ hours of gameplay back as opposed to starting ALL over, I wanted to find a possible solution. I was pretty aware that it would be impossible to get the gameplay back within the game, once I erased it, so I was merely WONDERING if it was possible to somehow extract the data from the SD card, if it would be possible to retrieve recently deleted files and whatnot. Of course I didn't want to mess around with anything and I didn't have really high expectations that I'd get my save file back either way, I didn't do anything. I just created a new save file shortly after posting on this forum.

SO long story short,

NO I did NOT mess around with my SD card, and I don't recommend you do so either ! I was just wondering if it were possible ~!

Also, if you aren't a complete idiot like me who decides to play while mostly unconcious, this is a pretty easily avoidable mistake.

I didn't knowingly press the button, I'm pretty sure my finger slipped because I have a good understanding of Japanese. Or I probably wouldn't play Japanese games all the time, haha ~ ; u ;

You should be fine, don't worry about it and just enjoy your game ! I've started making a habit of saving twice though, because I'm not one who learns from my mistakes xD Every time I am at "My Castle", I just save in the first two game slots.

But yeah, I was very delirious and confused last night, but now that I sit down and think about it, I erased all my data.

And can't retrieve it.

Hoshido speed run, commence.

Edited by mimasho

I was rather disappointed when I saw FE11-13 featured 3 regular save slot as opposed to FE10's 6 for this reason.

I don't think you can actually remove the save files from My Castle since they're different menus doing the same thing (online settings). I'm not entirely sure - I'll check it later.

Okay, that makes sense and thanks. Just to make sure I am not misunderstanding, though, were you at My Castle when the option to delete your save came up or the main menu?

I was rather disappointed when I saw FE11-13 featured 3 regular save slot as opposed to FE10's 6 for this reason.

I don't think you can actually remove the save files from My Castle since they're different menus doing the same thing (online settings). I'm not entirely sure - I'll check it later.

I know, right ? ; m ;

and no, you can't remove the save files from My Castle, I got redirected to the homepage, after being prompted to save the game... ; A ;

Okay, that makes sense and thanks. Just to make sure I am not misunderstanding, though, were you at My Castle when the option to delete your save came up or the main menu?

and no worries, here's the steps that I remember doing:

basically, I went to my castle - went to online section (can't remember exactly which one, I'm not playing atm and have refused to touch that part since xD) - confirmed that I wanted to be redirected to the start screen - was prompted to save - saved and went to start screen // settings selection (there's five total, I believe, varying from wireless to spotpass and etc) - screwed up and clicked erase data instead of enable spotpass (or something lol) ~

in short, you will always be prompted to save BEFORE being redirected to the home page // settings selection screen, and even then, you have to press the VERY last button (which will ask you if you want to confirm) before it deletes all the files ~

so yeah, you shouldn't worry too much over it ! * U *

and if you really do want to be safe, just double save over your other game save files !

Edited by mimasho