lol

I don't even play FF, but I don't have access to the newer ones? Should I play the older games from before their betrayal of Nintendo?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

2. 2. Which is better?

• FF10
    • FE10
  3. 3. Which is better?

4. 4. Which one is better?

5. 5. Which one is better?

Those guys are in their twenties? They hardly look like it. And excuse me for generally not being much of a fan of younger characters (or rather, younger-looking in this case). There's no need to be rude.

If you think those look like kids you might want to avoid FE4. Half your army in that game are actual children. Heck, the final boss is a fucking kid!

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those guys are in their twenties? They hardly look like it. And excuse me for generally not being much of a fan of younger characters (or rather, younger-looking in this case). There's no need to be rude.

Yes they are. Again, it's the art style that makes them appear younger, and it really isn't even that bad. And I'm not being rude, at least not intentionally. I'm just getting more and more annoyed by you not taking two seconds of your time to search the site for how old these "kids" are before complaining about their ages. It's not that difficult to do, is it? And before you say "well, I didn't think I needed to look it up," well, you do, or else you're just going to make a fool of yourself again. It's what happens when you complain about things you don't have much knowledge of.

Okami has a great art-style and soundtrack but nothing else.

Owain is fucking annoying and isn't entertaining in the slightest.

Spirit Tracks is one of the best Zelda games.

Flareon is the best Eeveelution, screw movesets and stats.

Jeigan/Oifey characters shouldn't get so much hype.

TLotR is super boring.

I'm getting sick of how nostalgia-focused Nintendo is being with the Mario series. Give us more games like Luigi's Mansion and Sunshine.

Edited by FrostyFireMage

- Reimu Hakurei is one of the most loved Touhou characters... and I hate her guts

- Many Touhou fandom jokes like CHEEEEEEEEEN and pads aren't funny at all

- Necrofantasia is overrated, A Maiden's Illusionary Funeral ~ Necro-Fantasy is the better song

- I don't understand why everyone wants Mima back

UM HI HELLO CAN WE MARRY?

Though to be fair, I can kinda understand that last one, being that Mima is freshly unexplored design space in modern Touhou, but then again . . . given the loads and loads of apparently disposable characters each subsequent game seems to go through, I'm pretty sure that it's safe to say that's not exactly a concern that ZUN has.

The fandom jokes are really dumb, especially the *knifed* junk, I agree. Just heard Necro-Fantasy and I agree with that too.

Reimu's fine though.

Few more: I hate Owain.
I've played very few Kirby games (I liked 'em all though).
Flareon or maybe Vaporeon are my favorite Eeveelutions.

I hate a very large majority of fanbases, including a few I assosiate with.
I hate Sacred Stones in all of the departments but story, which has one of my favorites, and maybe characters.
Lyn's mode is very, very annoying. See below.
I hate games that hold your hand the whole time or just for awhile.
I don't particularly care for tutorials, I would rather learn it on my own.

I like games with a lot of lore (FF12, Metroid Prime) but I usually don't bother to read much of it.

Lotta hate this time around. I'll try to think of more positive ones next time.

Edited by Draco

Flareon or maybe Vaporeon are my favorite Eeveelutions.

Lotta hate this time around. I'll try to think of more positive ones next time.

I always knew you were of good taste.

Positive negative opinions?

Draco, pls.

Hey, thanks.

but wait, 'positive-negative opinions'

wat

I feel like I should pad this post with more opinions.

Super Dangan Ronpa 2 > Dangan Ronpa.
I own several games I keep on a shelf. I haven't played some of them in years, yet I refuse to get rid of them.
I'm very biased for Nintendo.
Likewise, I don't particularly care for Microsoft.
I actually like Minecraft a lot. Hate its fanbase as usual though.
I like playing GTA for the sole purpose of doing dumb stuff like jumping out of moving cars and messing with the swingset glitch.

Sunshine could very well be my favorite Mario. It might be the game I've discovered the most glitches in, except maybe Sonic 06?
I like Mario as a whole but most of the 2D games just don't stand out to me.

Dunno how many of these are unpopular but yeah.

I've slept for like, 4 hours today. Cut me some slack.

-The protagonists of both the Dangan Ronpas are both awful.

-Reclassing is stupid.

-Ricken is a good character.

-Ilyana is a good character.

-Lowen is better than Kent and Sain.

-Generation 1 has the worst Pokemon designs.

-Lyn is a good unit.

-I like Rosalina, but she needs to stop being in so many games.

-Most Visual Novels are bad.

-Ephraim is overrated as a a character and unit.

-FE6 has a better cast than 7 and 8.

-Mountain of Faith is the absolute worst main series touhou game

-The Phantasmagoria Touhou games are fun.

I heard a lot of good things about LotR Shadow of Mordor, apart from that, they've had a decent history in licensed games, nothing spectacular, but surprisingly better than most movie/book franchises that get games.

-It's not bad to have popular gaming opinions.

But without my unique opinions, how will I stand out from the plebs?

I think the first two/three Persona games should get more love, I'm sick of the P3/P4 circlejerk.

I also find Kanji really overrated. P4 is overrated in general and I'm sick of seeing Atlus milk it dry.

Monster Hunter's combat is too clunky to be fun.

The FNaF series needs to die.

Can't think of anything else ATM.

Ace Attorney games are boring and linear.

Hearthstone is for kids who are not bright enough to play MTG or Yugioh TCG.

Heart of the storm is for kids who are too stupid to play LoL and Dota 2, or even HoN.

Shovel Knight is a poor copy of the snes Scrooge McDuck game.

All of Five nights at Freddy games are trash.

Diablo 3 is way better than Torchlight 2 but people are too into the whole "Diablo 3 is not like Diablo 2" stuff to realize that.

The new Shadow Run games suck way too hard with all of the stupid repeating boring gameplay.

Edited by Magical CC

FE4 has a good story and a terrible cast. FEA has a terrible story and a good cast.

I agree with for the most part of that statement except I don't think the cast of FE4 is terrible it just needs more characterization. I would love for it to be remade with support conversations so the characters could have more of a background.

You know, I'm pretty sick of the "grimdark is better" school of thought. I never particularly liked it in the first place! It's almost always forced with some unnecessary drama, anyway!

The "grimdark is better" has always been a trend, at least for centuries.

- Graphic Adventure games are the worst genre of video games ever invented. The only games that really do this genre well are the Ace Attorney and the Professor Layton series.

- The Ace Attorney series should introduce optional and skippable pieces of evidence, for two reasons:

1) Realism. In real life, detectives are not going to find every single piece of vital evidence, so it doesn't make sense for us to do so.

2) Makes the series more challenging, as you'll have to rely on the evidence you have found to prove the defendant not guilty with a limited amount of evidence.

18) Even if she didn't get revived, Emmeryn's death would have been dumb, there's too little time spent on making me care for this bland Mary Sue that everyone loves and represents peace and all that garbage.

19) Fe6 biggest problem isn't it's story or Roy, it's the gameplay, there are way too many times when your survival depends on luck, there's always some form of luck in Fire Emblem but not to this extent. Also it's glitchy.

20) I can't stand playing Metroid games and the old Legend of zelda, without a guide you'll be walking around aimlessly having no idea where or what your goal even is. Walking in circles for hours or "exploring" isn't my idea of fun, especially considering how easily you can die.

21) I prefer Ephraim, over Eirika, sure he's a bit too Gary stu-ish but he's actually competent, Eirika is so incompetent that when I saw Ephraim being strong, capable of leading an army and turning the odds in their favour I no longer cared about him being a Gary Stu.

22) Nintendo had the best E3 showing this year, they showed more titles I'm interested in than the others.

20) I can't stand playing Metroid games and the old Legend of zelda, without a guide you'll be walking around aimlessly having no idea where or what your goal even is. Walking in circles for hours or "exploring" isn't my idea of fun, especially considering how easily you can die.

Uh.....git gud? Many Zelda and Metroid games have systems to prevent getting lost -

A Link to the Past has a fortune teller that tells you what to do next if you pay him 10 rupees.

Four Swords Adventures is level based.

In Twilight Princess, Midna tells you what to do after a while, but is actually useful unlike Navi.

In Skyward Sword, Fi holds your hand tighter than a boa constrictor.

Metroid Prime Trilogy has an optional hint system that points you toward the next room containing a vital powerup after 30 minutes if you haven't found it already.

Metroid: Other M and to a lesser extent Metroid Fusion are linear enough that you can't get lost.

The only game where I've spent hours walking in circles and it was easy to die was the original Zelda.

Edited by Zera

Uh.....git gud? Many Zelda and Metroid games have systems to prevent getting lost -

A Link to the Past has a fortune teller that tells you what to do next if you pay him 10 rupees.

Four Swords Adventures is level based.

In Twilight Princess, Midna tells you what to do after a while, but is actually useful unlike Navi.

In Skyward Sword, Fi holds your hand tighter than a boa constrictor.

Metroid Prime Trilogy has an optional hint system that points you toward the next room containing a vital powerup after 30 minutes if you haven't found it already.

Metroid: Other M and to a lesser extent Metroid Fusion are linear enough that you can't get lost.

The only game where I've spent hours walking in circles and it was easy to die was the original Zelda.

Let me rephrase that: the older ones: Loz 1 & 2 for NES Matroid 1 for NES Metroid II for GB and Metroid Fusion. (AKA the ones I have on 3DS VC)

Let me rephrase that: the older ones: Loz 1 & 2 for NES Matroid 1 for NES Metroid II for GB and Metroid Fusion. (AKA the ones I have on 3DS VC)

Those are all the older ones. Try the newer ones.

- Graphic Adventure games are the worst genre of video games ever invented. The only games that really do this genre well are the Ace Attorney and the Professor Layton series.

- The Ace Attorney series should introduce optional and skippable pieces of evidence, for two reasons:

1) Realism. In real life, detectives are not going to find every single piece of vital evidence, so it doesn't make sense for us to do so.

2) Makes the series more challenging, as you'll have to rely on the evidence you have found to prove the defendant not guilty with a limited amount of evidence.

The Ace Attorney series features spirit mediums and people very special eyes and ears. It isn't really concerned with realism. The point of the game isn't to simulate real life investigations, it is to tell a story. It only makes sense that the games are mostly linear.

If you think those look like kids you might want to avoid FE4. Half your army in that game are actual children. Heck, the final boss is a fucking kid!

That's the second generation though, which I can deal with. And I actually don't think they look quite as young as many of the characters in FE6. Seliph looks older than Roy to me, for instance. Nanna looks older than Lilina, etc.