Felicia's cuteness is a little excessive

Espinosa

Don't you think? It seems like they really try to overdo everything they implement in this game, be it with Camilla's appearance, the toughness of the seasoned scarred characters or in this case. It's a tendency that was a bit too noticeably in Awakening already, but it's getting ridiculous with this game.

I bet when all of us finally get the game, the first thing we'll do in an hour after starting the game when My Castle is available will be to rub Felicia's face.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its depends of everybody. You find that excessive but some (like me) could listen her for hours.

Overhall, differents opinions (and if you don't like her voice, wait for the English release).

Edited by Nym

I really don't find her so cute. Yeah, she has good looks, but if I look at what she says everything I may prove for her vanishes.

She's clearly a timid klutz made to serve the Avatar and thus the player. She was made to act as fanservice, as a lot of other of other things in this game. I like Jakob much more than Felicia.

It's a rather...baroque game, I agree. It's as if they they got high on the popularity (and, well, money) of Awakening and just tried to beat it in every aspect. Which is admirable, a new installment in a series should ideally be better than its predecessor, but sometimes it feels like they went too far. For instance, how do you beat the adorable Morgan of Awakening? By making an even smaller version with an even higher pitched voice, of course!

For instance, how do you beat the adorable Morgan of Awakening? By making an even smaller version with an even higher pitched voice, of course!

Personally I prefer my lovely daughter in Morgan compared to Kanna. Sure, Kanna's kinda cute, but to me she isn't any Morgan. Heck, if it comes to looks alone, I'd rather have male Kanna as my son compared to female Kanna. Simply because from what I've seen, male Kanna has the makings of a baws. Female Kanna is a bit too cutesy, maybe her looks fit her dragon heritage well in simply being an all-devouring child demon dragon, but with the recent nerfs to the dragon/manakete classes, imo a dragon Kanna wouldn't be as great as Manakete Morgan was in Awakening.

Her voice is the most satanic monstrosity I've ever heard.

She is... my most hated character in this game so far.

I really hope they change her in the US version, at least a bit, because I cannot stand her as is.

And that awful voice.

Personally I prefer my lovely daughter in Morgan compared to Kanna. Sure, Kanna's kinda cute, but to me she isn't any Morgan. Heck, if it comes to looks alone, I'd rather have male Kanna as my son compared to female Kanna. Simply because from what I've seen, male Kanna has the makings of a baws. Female Kanna is a bit too cutesy, maybe her looks fit her dragon heritage well in simply being an all-devouring child demon dragon, but with the recent nerfs to the dragon/manakete classes, imo a dragon Kanna wouldn't be as great as Manakete Morgan was in Awakening.

So far I prefer all of the Awakening children, although I haven't gotten everyone in Fates yet, and I'm not good enough at Japanese to understand all the supports, so I won't judge anyone too harshly yet. However, I definitely like Morgan far more than Kanna, that's for sure.

Speaking of supports, and we're on a Felicia thread, I'm so disappointed in how they handled her chance at developing as a character. I think every single one of her romantic supports deal with her being a poor maid in one way or another - Sumia was also clumsy, but at least she had supports that dealt with something else, and they showed her clumsiness in better ways, like trading bodies with Henry.

Edit: and to everyone hating her voice, while I agree it's annoying, have you heard Kanna, Oboro and Midoriko? They're even worse.

Edited by Thane

So far I prefer all of the Awakening children, although I haven't gotten everyone in Fates yet, and I'm not good enough at Japanese to understand all the supports, so I won't judge anyone too harshly yet. However, I definitely like Morgan far more than Kanna, that's for sure.

Speaking of supports, and we're on a Felicia thread, I'm so disappointed in how they handled her chance at developing as a character. I think every single one of her romantic supports deal with her being a poor maid in one way or another - Sumia was also clumsy, but at least she had supports that dealt with something else, and they showed her clumsiness in better ways, like trading bodies with Henry.

Edit: and to everyone hating her voice, while I agree it's annoying, have you heard Kanna, Oboro and Midoriko? They're even worse.

Have you heard Kanna cry? When she pleads her father to take her with him? My heart melted when I heard that.

I really liked her at first, but then I heard her talk on that video where she was introducing the My castle feature together with joker.

and I was like nope, not gonna marry her anymore.

even if she has a better voice on the english version it wouldn't matter to me because I only use japanese voices.

I take it you don't like kids? (No offense intended, just genuine question)

Strange, this is the second time I'm asked this. I love kids, I just really, really don't like the high pitched voices so common in Japanese entertainment media. Not only do they hurt my ears and I don't find them cute whatsoever, but they sound so painfully forced that I never hear the character saying the lines, but the voice actor.

The host sister I had when studying in Japan was younger than the kids in Fates, and I can tell you neither she nor her friends sounded anywhere near as childish as the fictional characters. I also visited a maid café, and even they didn't fake a voice as high pitched as Felicia's.

When people talk about the superior Japanese voice acting, I imagine they can filter out this absurd fakeness, but I can't.

Edited by Thane

I like Felicia but I'm not a fan of high pitched voices in my female characters.

Give me the serene and gentle sound of Aqua.

Give me the mature and motherly sounding voice of Yuugiri.

Give to me the spirited song of Kazahana!

Give to me the sultry whisper of Camilla but for the love of all that is holy I will not play this game with headphones on if I use the Japanese audio. My eyes are already crap I am not adding my ears to the list!

Strange, this is the second time I'm asked this. I love kids, I just really, really don't like the high pitched voices so common in Japanese entertainment media. Not only do they hurt my ears and I don't find them cute whatsoever, but they sound so painfully forced that I never hear the character saying the lines, but the voice actor.

The host sister I had when studying in Japan was younger than the kids in Fates, and I can tell you neither she nor her friends sounded anywhere near as childish as the fictional characters. I also visited a maid café, and even they didn't fake a voice as high pitched as Felicia's.

When people talk about the superior Japanese voice acting, I imagine they can filter out this absurd fakeness, but I can't.

I see. I do have my own nieces which have high-pitched noises (like Kanna) but I guess my love for them makes me biased.

I like Japanese voice acting though I can assure you that it hell isn't because of that fake voice. I like Marx and Ryoma's commanding voice and Hinoka's firm and strong voice, and Takumi saying "It's your fault" in a resentful tone is such a trademark of his voice actor. Otherwise, yeah, Felicia's voice is exaggerated. I take Flora anyday.

I see. I do have my own nieces which have high-pitched noises (like Kanna) but I guess my love for them makes me biased.

I like Japanese voice acting though I can assure you that it hell isn't because of that fake voice. I like Marx and Ryoma's commanding voice and Hinoka's firm and strong voice, and Takumi saying "It's your fault" in a resentful tone is such a trademark of his voice actor. Otherwise, yeah, Felicia's voice is exaggerated. I take Flora anyday.

I've never heard anyone with that kind of voice, ever. Not even five-year-olds, and considering they thought Kanna was old enough to promote into a battle leotard, I imagine she's supposed to be older than five.

Anyway, I should clarify that I don't find mind people altering their voices - that happens all the time, and it's only natural, since actors have to match the character they're supposed to be. However, it all depends on the skills of the actor, the script and how the character is written - my favorite video game character of all time is Kreia from Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, and the fact that she occasionally lowers her voice to a whisper and speaks impossibly cryptically never ruins my immersion because it's written well and the actress is amazing, meaning that I hear Kreia saying those lines, not Sara Kestelman

High pitched voices like those of Felicia, Pieri, Oboro and the like are the exact opposite. It's clearly meant to be cute, but I just can't take it seriously, and all I can hear is the voice actresses doing their hardest to sound far younger (well, "younger", as I said, I've never heard a young'un with voices like these) because it appeals to a lot of people. Hell, in Oboro's case it doesn't even match her character; why is a Nohr-hating, disciplined royal retainer supposed to sound like...I don't even know what, I didn't even know humans could produce sounds like that.

Edited by Thane

I've never heard anyone with that kind of voice, ever. Not even five-year-olds, and considering they thought Kanna was old enough to promote into a battle leotard, I imagine she's supposed to be older than five.

Anyway, I should clarify that I don't find mind people altering their voices - that happens all the time, and it's only natural, since actors have to match the character they're supposed to be. However, it all depends on the skills of the actor, the script and how the character is written - my favorite video game character of all time is Kreia from Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, and the fact that she occasionally lowers her voice to a whisper and speaks impossibly cryptically never ruins my immersion because it's written well and the actress is amazing, meaning that I hear Kreia saying those lines, not Sara Kestelman

High pitched voices like those of Felicia, Pieri, Oboro and the like are the exact opposite. It's clearly meant to be cute, but I just can't take it seriously, and all I can hear is the voice actresses doing their hardest to sound far younger (well, "younger", as I said, I've never heard a young'un with voices like these) because it appeals to a lot of people. Hell, in Oboro's case it doesn't even match her character; why is a Nohr-hating, disciplined royal retainer supposed to sound like...I don't even know what, I didn't even know humans could produce sounds like that.

I have to agree on your point about Oboro. Seeing her demonic face and then hearing her voice... it doesn't match.

That's my least favourite part of Japanese VA. It also don't allows as much variety with Women's VA as with Men's VA, whichc is sad (Miyuki Sawashiro is still pure love, even if I'm not really a fan of Kamiya. And I have a certain fondness for Nyx's voice for some reason.)

I mean, in Fates, we have two VA whose voice is pure sex (Sawashiro and Takehito "DIO" Koyasu)

Her voice is the most satanic monstrosity I've ever heard.

She is... my most hated character in this game so far.

I really hope they change her in the US version, at least a bit, because I cannot stand her as is.

And that awful voice.

No, this is a satanic monstruosity. (God... I hate Corundum and her voice with every fiber of my body, soul and Heart)

Felicia's is just simple Moe. Takes some time to be used to it. Pretty boring and unimaginative.

She doesn't seems to be anything more than a Moe anthropomorphism (AKA AnthropoMoerphism), too bad.

If I want a "cute" voice, I'll choose the Psycho with candy hair every time over her.

And Felicia's VA is more annoying as Oboro than as Felicia IMO.

Besides, the only Japanese Va who is good with high pitched, cutesy voice is Ai Nonaka. (Not sure if I like her more for her voice or for her VA role though... She would have been so great as Pieri...)

I have to agree on your point about Oboro. Seeing her demonic face and then hearing her voice... it doesn't match.

I'm 100% sure that they made her sound like that for the lulz. I laughed when I first heard her speak it's such a vocal dissonance!