How would you go about Reclassing for max stats?

SerenaCiel

Can anyone who's played the game and is experienced with the game mechanics help me with this question? Let's say I want to optimize my units in-game as much as possible. When would I begin to reclass, disregarding skills (because that just makes everything more complicated and I'd rather have this questions answered first).

For example, let's say I want Sakura to end up as a War Priestess, but I want to make sure she maxes her stats as much as possible before reaching 20/20. Should I switch her class to Pegasus Warrior early on to help cap her speed/strength? What would be a general rule for reclassing in order to max stats? Or is there none, and am I just being overly simple?

If you'd like to say something about reclassing for skills too, please do! Any information is appreciated :)

Basically, look at the caps of the class you want them to end up as, compare those caps to Sakura's base growths, and see which class growths will give the most benefit over time.

I reclassed Sakura to a Pegasus Warrior at level 9 and at 20/18 as a Falcon Warrior she has capped her offences, skill, res, and speed, albeit with one or two stat-boosting items along the road.

Just remember that for almost every character you'll need to use Eternal Seals if you want to max out HP. Sakura at her current level has 29 HP. Most characters can hit their important stat caps by 20/15 but nobody on my team has capped HP naturally and only Ryoma even passed 42.

Aqua is the biggest pain, as she hit her level cap with 24 total HP. Even with four eternal seals, she's not going to reach Singer's cap of 45 without boosting items... so I recommend maybe spending some time with most units in a class with at least 15% HP growth bonus unless you plan to spending hours grinding money for eternal seals

Edited by gayserbeam

I think the idea was to grind money and buy stat boosters, though I'm not sure how you actually do that.

It would also more depend on what you want a certain character's final class to be, because capping stats in one class might not work for another, though it would be a bit odd, though possible, to "switch" between classes for whatever reasons

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

I think the idea was to grind money and buy stat boosters, though I'm not sure how you actually do that.

It would also more depend on what you want a certain character's final class to be, because capping stats in one class might not work for another, though it would be a bit odd, though possible, to "switch" between classes for whatever reasons

Every class increases certain growths, so by changing your class from Hero to say, Breserker for ten levels or so will give you higher STR when you return to the Hero class than if you had stayed in your base class the whole time.

And unlike Awakening, where every class gave like a 30%-50% bonus to their HP growth, in FEif some classes don't boost HP at all and the most they ever boost is 25%. The harder hit to the head is that the base HP growths are also generally lower than Awakening's, so everyone who isn't in a powerhouse class will have pathetic HP growth unless you reclass them.

Stat boosters are sold in the Level 3 shop but you can only buy one of each and you can't buy them from other My Castles, so I'm not sure if you can grind them. At least I haven't found a way yet

Edited by gayserbeam

I'd imagine it would be close to impossible to pull off if you chose Nohr.

It's close to impossible no matter which side you pick because you can't reset your level to one anymore and are at the mercy of the RNG, unless of course you have the patience to save reload like crazy. You can buy seals to increase your level cap by 5 but that doesn't mean you are less at the mercy of the RNG. While reclassing to certain classes can help once again you are at the mercy of the RNG. So everyone who wants to max any stats better pray to the RNG gods and goddesses and hope that they are benevolent otherwise you could be stuck with several crutch characters.

Though you could easily max out a specific stat such as strength, speed, etc. if you focus your entire efforts towards that. But the other problem is that certain characters are locked into specific class trees and while this can also be mitigated to an extent through A+ supports and marriage seals, not only are the class selections still limited but your opportunities for gaining gold are also limited especially in Nohr.

So the only person who has the highest chance of maxing is Kamui. The best way to tackle this though is to go through a playthrough where Kamui has access to villager and get aptitude. Beat the game and then on a second playthrough give yourself the aptitude skill as early as possible.

I won't bother with stats maxing until they release the gold/exp DLCs, it too tedious doing that with what little amount of resources the game provided. The seals are also expensive as hell. Plus I think my Chrom had leveled way beyond 99 times to get his MAG and RES to max on limit breaker.

Edited by Awakener_

Can anyone who's played the game and is experienced with the game mechanics help me with this question? Let's say I want to optimize my units in-game as much as possible. When would I begin to reclass, disregarding skills (because that just makes everything more complicated and I'd rather have this questions answered first).

For example, let's say I want Sakura to end up as a War Priestess, but I want to make sure she maxes her stats as much as possible before reaching 20/20. Should I switch her class to Pegasus Warrior early on to help cap her speed/strength? What would be a general rule for reclassing in order to max stats? Or is there none, and am I just being overly simple?

If you'd like to say something about reclassing for skills too, please do! Any information is appreciated :)

I have a huge calculation table on optimal leveling and in game stats. I'll show the information that is relevant to you.

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o659/psyruby42/Hoshido%20Statistics_zpsqvs2ypqa.png

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o659/psyruby42/Nohr%20Statistics_zpsh6xwrt3v.png

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o659/psyruby42/Shared%20Statistics_zpswvgaroid.png

Now to explain the not simple parts. This is an analysis of stats at level 60(20 base class levels, 40 promoted class levels) based solely on their character growth. This means that promotion bonus and class growth is not included. I let them all have 4 eternal seals in the calculations cause 20/20 was not going to happen ever. The symbols on the side denote ideal classes when leveling up based off class growth. I also denoted characters that start off in their best class for growths with an asterisks and characters who don't need a parallel seal with double asterisks.

EX: Sakura says "P-> WP **" means she should be a Priestess class for base and a War Priestess for promoted, and the asterisks mean she is in her original base class, and she doesn't need a parallel seal to get to War Priestess.

Thank you SO much guys; this is super helpful!

I reclassed Sakura to a Pegasus Warrior at level 9 and at 20/18 as a Falcon Warrior she has capped her offences, skill, res, and speed, albeit with one or two stat-boosting items along the road.

Just remember that for almost every character you'll need to use Eternal Seals if you want to max out HP. Sakura at her current level has 29 HP. Most characters can hit their important stat caps by 20/15 but nobody on my team has capped HP naturally and only Ryoma even passed 42.

Thanks for giving me more info on my Sakura hypothetical! Now I know what to do :)

Seriously sucks about the HP growths though

So everyone who wants to max any stats better pray to the RNG gods and goddesses and hope that they are benevolent otherwise you could be stuck with several crutch characters.

Hahaha so true

I have a huge calculation table on optimal leveling and in game stats. I'll show the information that is relevant to you.

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o659/psyruby42/Hoshido%20Statistics_zpsqvs2ypqa.png
http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o659/psyruby42/Nohr%20Statistics_zpsh6xwrt3v.png
http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o659/psyruby42/Shared%20Statistics_zpswvgaroid.png

Now to explain the not simple parts. This is an analysis of stats at level 60(20 base class levels, 40 promoted class levels) based solely on their character growth. This means that promotion bonus and class growth is not included. I let them all have 4 eternal seals in the calculations cause 20/20 was not going to happen ever. The symbols on the side denote ideal classes when leveling up based off class growth. I also denoted characters that start off in their best class for growths with an asterisks and characters who don't need a parallel seal with double asterisks.

EX: Sakura says "P-> WP **" means she should be a Priestess class for base and a War Priestess for promoted, and the asterisks mean she is in her original base class, and she doesn't need a parallel seal to get to War Priestess.

Wow this looks amazing! Thanks so much!