How do you feel about how Odin's dressed?

The Roar

Odin's outfit is  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Odin's outfit is

It seems despite Odin being a guy he has received quit a lot of negativity for how he is dressed. Do you feel it is too pandery?

Personally I am fine with it, but I can understand why others would feel it is too much.

There have been fanservice-y female characters since time immemorial, but when a male character is fanservice-y, everyone freak the hell out. So...I think it's perfectly fine that it's ridiculously skimpy.

I'm no feminist, but that seems a little unfair to me.

Haven't seen a single complaint about Odin personally. People are far too busy complaining about how Camilla's cleavage is ruining the universe or something to bother thinking about the half naked guy. Kinda like every other time a game or show has both male and female characters used for fanservice.

I'm fine with it though. Same as I'm fine with all the other fanservice-y designs in the game, both male and female.

Edited by capmalachi

There have been fanservice-y female characters since time immemorial, but when a male character is fanservice-y, everyone freak the hell out. So...I think it's perfectly fine that it's ridiculously skimpy.

I'm a feminist, and that seems a little unfair to me.

I changed a couple of words, but this so much.

Well I mean some people have noted the female designs in the series for a while. I actually see a lot more complaints about Camilla or such as stated above.

Voted "other" for "not skimpy enough".

At least, the battle model. His talksprite looks about as expected, but his battle model doesn't really come off as living up to it, especially when compared to how ridiculous Nix is. Although Nix definitely went too far. They should've just stuck with how the Dark Mages looked in Awakening.

In the context of the rest of the cast, I'd say it's totally fine.

​But I do still find myself somewhat longing for the days when one could be a dark-magic-using class and still have a complete wardrobe

​

I'll never understand why people fear the feminist label so much

​But I do still find myself somewhat longing for the days when one could be a dark-magic-using class and still have a complete wardrobe

​

To be fair, the Dark Mages in Awakening were all from Plegia (If you pay attention you will how Valm and Bandits never had Dark Mages with them), and since Plegia is a desert nation the clothes made sense, however I can't think of excuse for the ones in Fates, particulary the ones from the Ice Tribe.

​

I don't fear the label but I don't myself an activist of any sorts. I'm more egalitarian than I am specifically women's rights, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with being feminist.

But back on-topic, Odin's entire torso is visible. But I mean, it's not that much worse than Vaike's was. And at least he's wearing pants (albeit tight ones), and not a loin cloth like beserkers. But only because loin cloths creep me personally out, haha.

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

To be fair, the Dark Mages in Awakening were all from Plegia (If you pay attention you will how Valm and Bandits never had Dark Mages with them), and since Plegia is a desert nation the clothes made sense, however I can't think of excuse for the ones in Fates, particulary the ones from the Ice Tribe.

No, wearing skintight full body stocking (or whatever the proper English term is) in a desert environment does not make sense. Quite frankly, it could have hardly been more unfitting. Just imagining starting to sweat in that thing creeps me out. And it doesn't help that dark colors absorb the most heat. And wearing heat absorbing metal so close to your most sensitive body parts would turn this outfit quickly into a torture device, but I think the male version didn't have that anyway. And needless to say, those outfits would be even less suited for a cold desert night.

Edited by BrightBow

No, wearing skintight full body stocking (or whatever the proper English term is) in a desert environment does not make sense. Quite frankly, it could have hardly been more unfitting. Just imagine what happens if you start sweating in that thing. And it doesn't help that dark colors absorb the most heat. And wearing heat absorbing metal so close to your most sensitive body parts would turn this outfit quickly into a torture device, but I think the male version didn't have that anyway. And needless to say, those outfits would be even less suited for a cold desert night.

Actually, what I meant to say was that since they were in hotter nation, a less clothes would have been better, I did think of talking about the skintight, but didn't want to stray away from the thread...and okay, I also got lazy.

And even thought I said desert, I had a tropical nation in mind when wrote that, so that was my mistake.

Edited by Water Mage

Actually, what I meant to say was that since they were in hotter nation, a less clothes would have been better, I did think of talking about the skintight, but didn't want to stray away from the thread...and okay, I also got lazy.

And even thought I said desert, I had a tropical nation in mind when wrote that, so that was my mistak.

Oh yeah. I am sorry for getting off the rails here.

Edit: Dang it. Off the rails and right onto the first post of the second page. *sigh* I guess I should use a PM for apologies next time.

Edited by BrightBow

To be honest I never really noticed his outfit because of the angled talking portrait, but now that I've googled his amie art I do think it looks pretty ridiculous. With the amount of fanservice going on in the rest of the game it isn't really the skimpiness that bothers me though, it's more of a 'why on earth would he dress like this!?' kind of thing. It's right up there with the female General armor. (I guess I can appreciate it for making me laugh though.)

I don't mind how under-dressed he is, I just wish he wasn't so darn muscular. :v He looked great in Awakening, but now I can't stand how he looks. I hate huge muscles eheh...