Does anyone even use Kamui's Dragon form?

Uchu~

I prefer not to buy the Japanese version and wait until the English version releases cause that's just me, therefore I have not played this game AT ALL. However I do watch almost every play through of it just to watch it basically xD. Mainly in every playthrough, after the time it makes you use the dragon form, no one ever uses it again. It's almost as if they forget about it. In the chapter were they force you to use it, it seems as if the dragon form is a boss! Of course that may be a setup thing to introduce and 'display' how powerful and godly the dragon form is. What are your thoughts of the dragon form? I really want to know because no one ever uses it, so I have no idea what to think of it. Thanks for the info you can give!

Well it runs off magic, can't double, has 1 range, can't double, lowers spd and skl, can't double, and the "better" version lowers your stats after use and lowers your speed more. Only use i can see from the stats is if you want to just tank while not caring about killing anyone but most players don't care for that style of play, but even that is a bit vulnerable to doubling from enemies and while that is negated by defensive formation, but then you can't use other weapons whitout being unable to double as you can't change skills on the fly. While you could by swapping when you get a new skill... Which can happen at max 4 times on the third path (5 if you buy the skill before level 10) and 2 (3) times on the others as only promted Nohr prince(ss) can use dragon stones. Maybe also for boss killing if you can't double the guy but thats about it. Plus yato is pretty good i believe.

Ah, yes it seems as if Yato is a very good sword for combat. Hmm..I would've thought they had made the dragon form a little better than it actually is. Those stats are just..eww. For the people who like to tank and not care like you said, then yes I can see that being their choice of weapon. I just can't get over those stats though...like why would they make it like that. Man I was really hoping for a beast dragon form that was unstoppable xD,of cours there would have to be restrictions with stats but I wasn't expecting that..

The real reason to ever use the the Dragonstone is if you are using a pure magic Kamui with +MAG -STR or something, and you want to focus on magic until you learn Dragon Fang and then reclass to Dark Mage/Spellcaster.

...it doesn't help, though, that you get My Castle, and therefore access to a Parallel Seal, only a few chapters after you get the Dragonstone. So I guess the Dragonstone is maybe a little useful for maybe doing slightly more damage for maybe four chapters or so. Maybe.

I almost wonder if the Dragonstone wasn't nerfed a bit too hard, it being completely unable to double and a bunch of other stuff makes it fairly useless compared to Yato. Especially Yato.

I mean, sometimes I use it for the def boost...

Edited by L95

Wow, I didn't realize his dragon form was really that bad. I always make Manaketes a staple of my team whenever possible. In Sacred Stones, Myrrh was powerful enough to one-shot a Cyclops. In Awakening, they're defensive monsters. But in this game? It sounds pretty situational.

How much does the Dragonstone+ lower your stats, by the way? -4 each or something?

...If you give him/her the skill "Renewal", Kanna should be able to recover 45% of his/her HP every turn. This, along with the defense boost, makes it sound like she could become a rather sturdy wall, especially if placed on a fortress or if he/she inherits good defensive stats.

Edited by Zachmac

Yeah it depends on what type of Kamui you have but personally I've only ever used the dragonstone to tank for a bit if Elfie is a bit too far away lol. I have a +SPD Kamui so a weapon that can't double and lowers speed isn't really worth my time tbh. The added defence is a bonus but it's really situational and depends on your playstyle.

I used both. The game makes you switch weapon to suit the situation quite a lot.

It's also good if you have an overpowered Kamui but want to train the other units. By not double attacking, you leave the chance to land the final hit to someone else.

It's pretty disappointing, honestly. They should have made it a ranged weapon if they wanted to put such severe restrictions on it. The only time I use it is when I know I'll need to tank a hit so I'll equip it for the enemy phase before switching back to sword. That said, Kamui has low speed already and not great defenses so you might be hurting yourself even more by using it.

Maybe they'll improve it for the the localized version? I'm shocked how such a thing even made it past development. It's really bad.

I think it's really good for the defensive bonuses especially on the Nohr Route when Corrin learns Draconic Curse(as it activates from any combat even if Corrin can't counter), pair someone up with Corrin and he/she can tank a number of enemies even on Lunatic and render them much weaker to wipe up on the following turn.

If it didn't have its limited attack range and inability to double it would probably be close to game breaking.

Maybe they'll improve it for the the localized version? I'm shocked how such a thing even made it past development. It's really bad.

But how would that affect the online multiplayer? The only way I see this working is if they started adding balance patches or whatever.

I've always disliked Manaketes and Dragon Stones for whatever reason, so I never planned on using the Dragon Stone extensively. But holy crap, I've used it a few times and it has been nerfed. My plus Speed Kamui (who doubles most enemies aside from Peg Knights and Samurais) can't double anything, and since he isn't too bulky he still dies in the same amount of hits. (I imagine bulkier Kamui's like the Dragon Stone more). It does Magic Damage, so that's ok against armor knights though.

Edited by Monado Boy

It's pretty much best-used by White Blood units (especially Kanna, as broken as they are, as they regenerate while holding one), even if your avatar is +Spd (which is not a bad idea if you're on a route with access to White Blood in the first place). It's a clutch source of Magic damage, and while it can't double, it can still critical and proc skills like Dragon Fang and Broken Sky, which incidentally have synergy with the Hoshido skill.

Otherwise, why aren't you simply using Tomes/Spells?

It's pretty disappointing, honestly. They should have made it a ranged weapon if they wanted to put such severe restrictions on it. The only time I use it is when I know I'll need to tank a hit so I'll equip it for the enemy phase before switching back to sword. That said, Kamui has low speed already and not great defenses so you might be hurting yourself even more by using it.

Would you say its a good idea to grab speed as your asset then? To counter the already low speed?

I can probably tell you right now the dragon form will most likely not be used a lot in my playthrough a lot unless the situation of the battle is better for it or something.

Really? I almost solely use the dragonstone and Kamui (MAG+ LUCK-) is a beast, I can do like 30+ magic damage in like chapter 14 in the Nohr and Invisible Kingdom routes (on hard). What makes it better is that he also seems to have a really good defence so I can just sit through three turns in the middle of like 8 non-magic users without worrying about him getting killed, it sucks that it can't double but usually, it can just OHKO anyone but Mages/Sorcs and Ninjas.

It's definitely very strong on Lunatic because of the Def/Res. Also since it's a fairly big single hit (14 mt early and 25 mt late), you can sometimes avoid a lot of counter damage through ohko/Attack Stance. Though notably since it builds the Guard Stance gauge slower, it's not always the best tanking option.

Would you say its a good idea to grab speed as your asset then? To counter the already low speed?

Dragonstone can't double anyway. Usually you don't get doubled since it's only -2 (and you're probably in Guard Stance which might give some Spd). Go +Spd because it's 8 base and ~70% growth. >_>

Edited by XeKr

Yeah, in the early chapters, but not after. This is more a weapon to equip when you want some enemies to move without losing a character :) But before Ryoma or Marx/Xander join you. At the end of the game, no more good use for me.

Well, I haven't played the game yet so..my thoughts could greatly change. So I don't exactly know everything I will be facing the dragon form might be used a little due to just being able to take some hits without dying. Although I still think the Yato will be of more use for my type of play style. Usually I don't like to have 1 character that can take on everyone and OHKO every enemy, I like for every member of your party to fight so that everyone gets at least a little XP. I realize that with the dragon form it gives you oppurunitys for others to get the kill from the enemy since it will not double, that will probably come in handy if I ever need to get a certain character some XP to level (most likely Azura or something cause I actually plan on using her weapon and not just her dancing).

I'd say so. My +Strength Kamui hits like a truck but it doesn't matter if he can't double a lot of enemies and his low defenses make him vulnerable.

Seriously? If what has been said in this thread is true, there goes the idea of using the Dragonstone in the event the Avatar's forced to fight a spear user, due to the weapon triangle.

Also, I take it that dragonstones can't be altered by weapon forging?

Seriously? If what has been said in this thread is true, there goes the idea of using the Dragonstone in the event the Avatar's forced to fight a spear user, due to the weapon triangle.

Also, I take it that dragonstones can't be altered by weapon forging?

You can't forge Dragonstones, no. But the two Dragonstones already have massive might, so that isn't the issue. It's everything else...

Personally I've been using Kamui's dragon form quite a lot even up to final stages of Nohr on hard,with his skills+def/res bonus the dragon form could be a very good cornerstone for tanking and attack stance positioning.

Especially going into a room full of hammers,beast killers and such,then dragon Kamui (and maybe Kanna but I wasn't using her that much) becomes my only reliable tank unit.

Plus with how the exp scaling works in this game,Kamui tend to be overleveled most of the time,dragon form also makes exp distribution much easier.

Been doing the same with my Nohr lunatic run,so far 2/3 into the run its working out well for me,but ofc I've given Kamui a few def/res boost items to make him more viable in this regard.

Edited by Laie

I use the dragonstone...a lot.

I also use it a lot on Kanna. And Sophie ; u ;

I mean, I rotate they around, but it's useful against wyvern riders (I think that's the one? can't remember)

but also because I want to max rank all the weapons * U *