Stuck on Future Past; advice on how to deal with reinforcements?

Hi there!

So I'm toying around with the DLC, the last of which I finally purchased. I'm getting annoyed with Future past part 1, as the reinforcements keep spawning and killing the NPC's right away (Lunatic+, not that I think it matters). There are so many stair cases in this chapter, it's near impossible to cover them all and get all my conversations. Any suggestions for how to protect all of these scattered targets?

Hi there!

So I'm toying around with the DLC, the last of which I finally purchased. I'm getting annoyed with Future past part 1, as the reinforcements keep spawning and killing the NPC's right away (Lunatic+, not that I think it matters). There are so many stair cases in this chapter, it's near impossible to cover them all and get all my conversations. Any suggestions for how to protect all of these scattered targets?

The reinforcements only come from the stairs, so you can always bring a few dummy unpaired units to clog up the staircases as you reach them. The other option is to train up the children's parents some more so that they can take hits from those guys. But I feel your pain, that's definitely the most annoying map in the entire game thanks to those reinforcements constantly being in the range of immobile npcs.

First, you need to have the parents capped so the children can inherit decent enough stats and skills to survive the Mirebombings. Tomebreaker works nicely if the Sorcs lack Hawkeye, Renewal can be helpful if you're slow and need enough time, and Counter can get rid of the Knights attacking the children.

The reinforcements eventually stop coming, so what I did was get some child Galepairs with Deliverer to rush around the sides and position themselves to kill everything on the first EP, and then block all the stairs on turn 2. Somewhere around turn 11 the map gives you a pretty clear indication that no more enemies will come. Then you can go talk to the children with everyone you brought.

Don't try to get all the convos in one go, either. You need deployment space for good combat units and it's not likely you can solo the map with just Nah, Kjelle, Cynthia and Noire without very specific parents.

And lastly, difficulty does actually matter- there's a big stat difference, and the first-turn reinforcement thing that's gone on Normal is the hardest bit of the map since you can't pre-emptively flatten the Mire users.

FP's difficulty is backwards for some reason, so don't expect this from the other two maps. 1 is the hardest, and 3 is the easiest.

In the words of Cynthia.... Nailed it!

Honestly, for all the trouble it gave me before, this time it felt too easy, which is slightly bizarre. The enemy skills worked out to my favor this time, and it made a difference, I suppose. Onward!