FE:F's Fire Emblem Theme

RidellCrimea

So it's called Record? Like the one in Awakening was called Purpose?

Ehh. I'm not diggin' it. Something about previous Fire Emblem themes like SS was just great to me. Even the one in Smash Brawl was pretty epic. Probably because back then, the theme played during the tittle and class intro screens and their handheld sound effects were just great. Seriously though, I don't see, or hear anything so great. Idk.

Aw, I'm honestly surprised people are so indifferent to this theme. I'm absolutely in love with it.

Like the OP mentioned, I'm also riveted by the build-up; it's just so natural. The first time I heard this, I had it on a playlist. Thus, it was simply background music. When I reached the end of the build-up, I hadn't been paying attention. But I realized that the song had somehow moved from one part to another, so I actually quit my task to rewind and listen to the build-up.

Maybe it's because I'm in a band, but I just love how all the instruments come together. You initially have the percussion drumming along the front lines, and then each set of instruments enter the field one by one. Once they're all assembled, Azura's song is introduced. It almost feels like I'm actually engaging in some important battle, and that build-up is the preparation before it.

While I do agree that some of the notes are a bit repetitive, I'm fine with it as it doesn't seem monotonous. They introduce the repetition in a timely manner, and one that doesn't leave me too exhausted (as long as I don't listen to this same soundtrack 10x in a row). In fact, I kind of like the full-circle ending, ehe.

Another thing I really love is 3:30. I have no idea why, but when I hear that part, I think of Lucina running towards the time portal. Was it a rendition of one of the Awakening soundtracks, or am I just making a random association? Either way, it still leaves me feeling very pleased.

Lastly, I actually like that the song is... so calm. At first, it threw me a bit off (compare its volume to that of the Nohrian final boss's song), but I came to appreciate it. In fact, my other favorite soundtrack in this game is the calm version of the skirmish theme, haha.

TL;DR: I'm love this theme as well, OP.

Edited by Minischew

^ Finally someone who share the same taste as me. :P I thought the build up is fantastic, probably because it's so calm. Some people might prefer the more heroic and majestic Brawl theme though, which is also a good version of the FE theme.

Edited by RidellCrimea

Id~Purpose was strictly a remix of Robin's theme, which is not the main FE theme. It does take some of the melodies from the FE theme, but they're different pieces of musics.

Edited by Ryo

I don't know where this song plays but I'm assuming this plays during the title screen. This doesn't really strike me as a main theme. The build up takes up half the song and feels like it's trying to build up something big, but the actual FE melody this time is really melancholy so the build up doesn't really pay off. I feel a song like this would actually work better if it was played during the credits. For some reason I get a recollection vibe from this as if I just completed an epic journey and recount both the intense and more calm parts about it.

Actually correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Hitori Omou(Aqua's song)not the main theme?I mean it plays on the title screen, during CC, during the opening cutscene and is the final boss music(Well a remix of it is).

I don't know where this song plays but I'm assuming this plays during the title screen. This doesn't really strike me as a main theme. The build up takes up half the song and feels like it's trying to build up something big, but the actual FE melody this time is really melancholy so the build up doesn't really pay off. I feel a song like this would actually work better if it was played during the credits. For some reason I get a recollection vibe from this as if I just completed an epic journey and recount both the intense and more calm parts about it.

Yeah, this theme plays during the chapter records (after you beat the game).

Yeah, this theme plays during the chapter records (after you beat the game).

Oh, that's good then. A VG song should strive to fit the context of the situation it's in. I thought the credits only played another version of Aqua's song but I must of remembered wrong.

Oh, that's good then. A VG song should strive to fit the context of the situation it's in. I thought the credits only played another version of Aqua's song but I must of remembered wrong.

Aqua's song is indeed played when the actual credits roll, but before that you still have to go through the record for each chapter (like the number of turns etc), this theme is played during that part, hence the name "record".