Sakura Discussion Thread

Well, character discussion threads, especially for the royals, are popping up everywhere now, so I decided to create one for Sakura, because I like her and feel she is underappreciated. From what I know about her, that is.

Actually I probably won't even be on this thread much because I'm so wary of spoilers, even though I've already had a lot of stuff spoiled for me

Discuss.

Mark your spoilers please, y'all.

THIS IS HUGELY IMPORTANT.

Ah, it's spring again.

Sakura is a complete cutie and the first thing that turned me towards Hoshido.

I concur. She's my favorite Hoshido character, maybe only because I'm biased towards the royals, but also because I really like her design and what tiny bits I can scrape about her personality.

She is so cute (maybe too cute?). I prefer her to Elise, because I can understand her shyness. Her design is also very pretty.

Sakura best sister.

Honestly she was rather forgettable at first, with Elise being much more in your face and memorable, but I've grown to like Sakura more than Elise over time (although I still like Elise as well of course). I love a lot of her supports, at least up until S but that's somewhat inevitable. I won't go in to which ones are my favourites because of potential spoilers but there's some really good ones.

Ah, it's spring again.

Sakura is a complete cutie and the first thing that turned me towards Hoshido.

Plz no.

Sakura is a complete cutie, worthy of being the imouto. I really like her design as a war priestess and will promote her to that, optimization be damned.

Her supports with Aqua are adorable and she's very competent as a War Maiden (high magic growth and speed on a staff user, somebody pinch me), not to mention her unique model and color pallet. Fates has done good things for a lot of hybrid classes.

Don't S-rank your imouto, folks. Imoutos are for loving, not doing lewd things.

I actually like Sakura. The pre-release materials seemed to be pushing her shy, meek side so much that I thought that she was going to be rather boring. But the girl actually has a spine when it matters, and even though she's sweet she's not a pushover. Also …

[spoiler=Might be considered spoilers for Nohr]in my opinion it speaks volumes that you have to fight her as an enemy on Nohr. In Hoshido, you never fight Elise and apparently she isn't even mad at you for picking Hoshido over Nohr? That works for Elise, but I think it shows how Sakura, even if she loves Kamui, isn't going to sit back and just let them invade her country without standing up to them. And I really like her a lot for that.

I find her design to be really boring...makes me want to...fall asleep. Her supports with her siblings are good, though.

[spoiler=Might be considered spoilers for Nohr]in my opinion it speaks volumes that you have to fight her as an enemy on Nohr. In Hoshido, you never fight Elise and apparently she isn't even mad at you for picking Hoshido over Nohr? That works for Elise, but I think it shows how Sakura, even if she loves Kamui, isn't going to sit back and just let them invade her country without standing up to them. And I really like her a lot for that.

[spoiler=Simply a Reply]

Not disagreeing with you, but I think the reasoning there with Elise is that even the Nohr people don't like the way their country is run (so she might have reacted differently in a different situation). It is pretty neat how she (Sakura) stands up to you.

Edited by Refa

While I do prefer Elise's design, I do think Sakura's is the best designed of the Hoshidan siblings and I think she's just a little cutie~ I've seen some of her supports and I really like her personality: kinda shy and quiet, but courageous when she has to be~

Glad to see there are actually a few people who like Sakura. I agree in that she's my favorite sister overall: Elise seems kinda bland, Hinoka reminds me WAAAAY too much of Sully, and Camilla...she's nice if you like fanservice. Well, nicer, at least. Not to say I don't like the other sisters, but my preference overall is for Sakura.

Sakura >> Azura >> Hinoka >>> Elise >>>> Camilla imo.

Sakura >> Azura >> Hinoka >> Leo > Takumi > Elise >> Marx >>> Camilla >>>> Ryouma overall though.

Edited by Draco

I actually like Sakura. The pre-release materials seemed to be pushing her shy, meek side so much that I thought that she was going to be rather boring. But the girl actually has a spine when it matters, and even though she's sweet she's not a pushover. Also …

That is what I like about Sakura too. She has a spine when it matters and when she has to. She is a sweetheart and will always be one, but at the same time she will not let people push her around. I like characters like her quite a lot. It also helps that Sakura is pretty similar to me with the shyness and actually having a spine.

[spoiler=Spoilers for 3rd route] Speaking of Sakura I really like how she is literally the first Hoshido sibling to join Kamui some time after the Big Decision. I think it speaks quite a bit of how Sakura is as a person. I haven't played any of the routes, but I have watched a few streams showing what happens.

Edited by Frelia

Sakura >> Azura >> Hinoka >>> Elise >>>> Camilla imo.

Sakura >> Azura >> Hinoka >> Leo > Takumi > Elise >> Marx >>> Camilla >>>> Ryouma overall though.

For me it's like Azura>Sakura>Marx>Leon>Camilla>Hinoka>Ryoma>Elise>>>>>>>>>Takumi.

For me it's like Azura>Sakura>Marx>Leon>Camilla>Hinoka>Ryoma>Elise>>>>>>>>>Takumi.

Since your opinions are so incredibly different from my own, I must ask if you've played the game yet.

I really like Sakura. Her design his adorable so are her supports and I like her personality. She's in third in my sibling list but my list is like this Ryoma>Leo>Sakura/Takumi/Hinoka/Camilla>Xander so I'm not sure if it is or not an honor.

Edited by Yari

Since your opinions are so incredibly different from my own, I must ask if you've played the game yet.

Unfortunately not. I couldn't be bothered to spend well upwards of $100, maybe even closer to $200, for something that I will only use for 9 months maximum.

I already read enough supports and other bits of info to draw my own conclusion.

Azura >Marx >Elise >Hinoka >Takumi ≥ Leon > Sakura > Ryoma >>>> Camilla

If we strictly speaking about the Nohr and Hoshido siblings then just remove Azura. Marx would be my top big bro with Elise taking first as my favorite little sis, Hinoka my top big sis, and Leon and Takumi fighting for the place of my favorite little bro.

Unfortunately not. I couldn't be bothered to spend well upwards of $100, maybe even closer to $200, for something that I will only use for 9 months maximum.

I see. Well, I was just curious if we had gotten very different opinions after playing through the game.