• Killer Instinct
    • Mortal Kombat X
    • Persona 4 Arena
    • Tekken 7
    • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    • Ultra Street Fighter IV
    • Nothing :(
    • I'll BE at EVO!

they said on stream that SSB4 pools are on vgbootcamp starting at 8 a.m. PST? I don't think that's what the schedule said but eh....

Edited by Euklyd

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these upsets tho

nietono eliminated in QFs? pools? something like that
nakat too
dabuz knocked to losers
etc

and then in maylay you have stuff like shroomed in losers and AZEN BEATING FLY WOAH

more info on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3dpazt/biggest_upsets_in_pools/

edit: for the records brackets don't exist yet online :/:

Edited by Euklyd

Oh yeah, customs are so jank in SSB4, they totally break the balance of the game. /sarcasm

ZeRo takes it with default Diddy Kong...just like at Apex.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I feel like Dabuz largely outplayed Abadango, but made just a couple crucial mistakes that ended up costing him both matches. Shame. Similar thing happened in Nairo vs ZeRo, Nairo practically had both of the first two games but mistimed his finisher in the first and then ZeRo just fell out of the f-smash on the second.

Oh yeah, customs are so jank in SSB4, they totally break the balance of the game. /sarcasm

ZeRo takes it with default Diddy Kong...just like at Apex.

didn't he do most of the legwork with solo sheik?

I would bet that he used diddy vs Mr. R because of Mr. R's character knowledge; I'm pretty sure that at the crew battle the commentators were saying Mr. R has extensive Sheik ditto knowledge + is quite good at it

Ken in top 16 was amazing, sad that most of the other players I preferred didn't make it

SO MANY close upsets tho

chudat in top 8 is ridiculous. hungrybox is amazing for defending america from the wrath of Leffen.

What I find hilarious is that Chudat lost his sponsor and only made it to Evo because of shitposters.

I want Hungrybox to win it all, as it seems Evo is his last tournament where Smash will be a major focus of his life, and will be put on the back burner after Evo.

more importantly than kage beating some nobody, PEWPEWU AND SFAT WON MELEE DOUBLES

NORCAL THE BEST

crew battles don exits

I'm so sad that when I actually managed to get the stream open it was literally ten seconds before the last game of doubles ended

EDIT shit I forgot to post my favorite evo joke

"YOU THOUGHT IT WAS DRUGGEDFOX, BUT IT WAS ME, M2K"

like holy shit I wasn't even rooting for him but that was slick

edit2: *wasn't rooting for him during the leffen set

Edited by Euklyd

I'm hopeful that people will start accepting Customs On now that EVO proved to be a successful test run of them.

just ban custom villager and we're good. At least captainawesum got outcamped and the matches before. The hilarious part about this was that he was complaining about how his own city wasn't supporting him on facebook and complaint that people found out how to counter him. Here is a match that he played before and it's a very scrubby tactic. He honestly ruined the stream for a lot of people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QQI1WIV4Bc

Edited by kingddd

just ban custom villager and we're good. At least captainawesum got outcamped and the matches before. The hilarious part about this was that he was complaining about how his own city wasn't supporting him on facebook and complaint that people found out how to counter him. Here is a match that he played before and it's a very scrubby tactic. He honestly ruined the stream for a lot of people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QQI1WIV4Bc

I have only one word for this: disgusting.

How can you ACTUALLY play like this??

I have only one word for this: disgusting.

How can you ACTUALLY play like this??

he did the same crap in evo this year. Thank god Larry outcamped him to show him his tactics are scrub tier. 22:24 - 44:23

Yes the match lasted 20 mins. The worst part is, this is guy that made everyone complain about how slow smash 4 matches are and people are using him as a basis for why smash 4 sucks. Even though all the other games went by really fast. Heck there were only 2 stream matches in the pools that actually went timeout that went for 14 hours.

http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/v/7919999?t=22m24s

Edited by kingddd

I really don't like how Smash 4 is dumbed down to, "Up-Tilt, the Video Game."

But great. Frickin' great, now it's, "Abuse Customs."

Looks like Villager really was a mass murderer from the start...