Street Fighter V Thread

Randoman

Karin looks good!

Here's the info about her V-Skill/V-Trigger and changes for this new episode!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_fighter/blog/2015/09/17/introducing-karin-and-the-capcom-fighters-network-to-street-fighter-v

Also, there is the announcement of the CFN. See the article just above to know more about it!

Edited by Ycine

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite late to the party. Although Karin isn't exactly a favourite since I didn't personally enjoy her character design or playstyle (I guess her rushdown style and specials didn't really flow well with me, despite being somewhat decent with Fei Long who's somewhat similar), at least a lot of the fans will be happy about her inclusion. With Charlie, R. Mika, and Karin being playable in Street Fighter V, Capcom is really catering to the requests of fans who really want characters to return from their hiatus.

And regarding rumours and leaks, the R. Mika, Karin, Alex, and Urien is still hiolding up quite nicely. And with that Rashid leak being correct, that means our 4 remaining characters to be revealed for the base 16 are Alex, Urien, Laura, and Zen (the latter two are newcomers).

An online member named Ken Bogard (who correctly leaked Rashid) leaked some information on Laura: she's Vega's lover from Brazil who works in Shadaloo, and wants her and Vega to rule Shadaloo together as king and queen of it.

Although, without Sakura...it feels a bit weird D:

True. I felt the same way with R. Mika and Zangief as well. Well, they can always add or expand upon new rivalries among the base 16. I recall that R. Mika and Karin did have a rival battle in Alpha 3 and Karin after it actually offered to finance R. Mika's wrestling career.

I think he said "new boss", but he wasn't sure of Necalli's name - that is if he's a boss, though.

It'll be interesting to see a new female villain since there isn't any yet if Laura is indeed going to be Vega's lover.

• 2 weeks later...

The Red Cyclone is back! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=MQxJVh9iJq0

With both Geif and Mika in this game... looks like we won't be short of awesome grapplers~ (And I guess if you want to count Birdie?)

Admittedly Hugo is my boy, but I have a soft spot for Zangief as well. Also, I'm loving this new model in comparison to his SFIV one.

In one of the developer videos showing off Mika they said

“We can only have one wrestler character so we made it Mika instead of Nadeshiko” […] “She had to get her time to shine, right?”

lol does zangief not count or are you just lying

aside from that, gief's always been somewhat boring to me - I don't like grapplers in the first place though.

Edited by Tryhard

Sounds to me like they don't want to admit that they would rather have iconic characters instead of an obscure, unplayable character people barely knew before Mika's reveal.

It is pretty strange that they said that...

Zangief's not my favorite WW, and I'd probably rather have Guile with the last being Juri, but oh well.

This just makes me happy because that kicks Alex, Urien, and all of SFIII's gutter trash to the curb. Definitely hoping for Juri as the last. It'd be amazing.

Well, this throws out the Alex and Urien rumour out the window. I wasn't particularly attached to those two since I never played Street Fighter III. As for Zangief himself, I don't use him that much, but I guess of all the really heavyweight characters (E. Honda, Birdie, etc.), he's the one I use the most. I did say before that I felt the base 16 was lacking in heavy powerhouses, and Zangief helps fill in that gap along with Birdie. Overall, I'm not ecstatic about Zangief being in the base 16, but I'm glad that the classic Red Cyclone is rounding out the base 16's variety really well.

So according to that report from Ono of "8 classic fighters, 4 that haven't been seen in a while, and 4 newcomers", that means that the final veteran will be a classic fighter and I'm guessing that there won't be any Street Fighter IV newcomers in the base 16 since they don't count as either classic characters or characters that haven't been seen in a while. I wonder who it is...

I'm not mad zangief is back, I just felt they coulda put someone else in...

He looks great and a ton of fun, though. So that means whoever comes back next is gonna be a vet from SFII or SFIII we haven't seen for awhile. There's not a lot telling who it could be, but recent Ono tweets show some sort of Mayan area. I wonder if it still could be Urien? I dunno.

Zangief's not my favorite WW, and I'd probably rather have Guile with the last being Juri, but oh well.

This just makes me happy because that kicks Alex, Urien, and all of SFIII's gutter trash to the curb. Definitely hoping for Juri as the last. It'd be amazing.

Gutter Trash? You realize Dudley from from III, right? so you're quoting a character from that "gutter trash." And many MANY people would disagree with you. As a frequenter of forums for the dedicated fans of many fighting games, I can safely say that many consider SFIII 3rd strike to be one of the best fighting games out there, and SF Alpha III introduced many popular characters as well as still being quite fun and versatile. SFII is good, yes, but calling SFIII gutter trash when it introduced a number of characters that have since been integrated into many others' stories? Bit harsh mate.

I'd like Juri back, but I doubt we'll be seeing a SFIV rep this early. It's a "long time no see" and 2 more new chars.

I dunno, I wouldn't say that the leak is automatically discarded. It could be the case that Alex or Urien is still to be shown, or that they will be some of the first characters post-launch. Either way, just see what happens. The next reveal is assumed to be the 8-12th October in Brazil I believe, and fittingly most are saying new character Laura (the Brazilian woman that is supposedly Vega's girlfriend) is likely to be revealed there. The Mayan area kinda fits along with that, but it could also be Urien. Some other guesses for the final returning character if it's a SF2 classic were Guile and Balrog, likely to be revealed at the NY (I believe) event.

And I'm pretty sure they were referring to the characters they didn't like before, which was Q, Oro, Necro and Twelve. But what particularly is wrong with Alex or Urien?

Juri's pretty popular. I wouldn't be surprised if she was soon to come.

Edited by Tryhard

It's a "long time no see" and 2 more new chars.

Huh? I thought it was one more classic character, not one more "long time no see."

These 7 are the confirmed ones I consider to be classic, and they're also definitely not long time no see since they're in Street Fighter IV:

Ryu

Ken

Chun-Li

Cammy

M. Bison

Zangief

Vega

And these 4 I consider to be "long time no see", since we literally haven't seen them playable in a new game ever since the first version of Street Fighter IV came out:

Birdie

Charlie

Karin

R. Mika

I'm curious, which one of those 4 do you consider to be classic?

@ Tryhard: Good to know. Well, knowing that Brazil and New York are where the next Street Fighter character reveals are should help figure out who's being revealed.

Edited by Randoman

I dunno, I wouldn't say that the leak is automatically discarded. It could be the case that Alex or Urien is still to be shown, or that they will be some of the first characters post-launch. Either way, just see what happens. The next reveal is assumed to be the 8-12th October in Brazil I believe, and fittingly most are saying new character Laura (the Brazilian woman that is supposedly Vega's girlfriend) is likely to be revealed there. The Mayan area kinda fits along with that, but it could also be Urien. Some other guesses for the final returning character if it's a SF2 classic were Guile and Balrog, likely to be revealed at the NY (I believe) event.

And I'm pretty sure they were referring to the characters they didn't like before, which was Q, Oro, Necro and Twelve. But what particularly is wrong with Alex or Urien?

Juri's pretty popular. I wouldn't be surprised if she was soon to come.

It's not that Alex and Urien are bad per say, but they are in no way anywhere near "classic" characters. I've also seen tons of trashing of Gief and Vega on site like GameFAQs literally for simply not being them. They aren't that amazing that they take presidence over anyone from SFII. The Alpha characters I will totally complement though. They were all great choices and Charlie has my biggest hype with Vega and Ken.

Also yeah, Ibuki, Dudley, Elena, and Makoto are super fine. They all look reasonable. Hugo's cool I guess, but I swear if there's a final fight character on this base roster

First off, Zangief being up Bison made my day.

Second. . .

The best thing about Laura is her bracelets. I really want to know why her feet are so huge.

really hoping to get a ps4 to play this. I've started playing third strike and it's insanely fun. To be honest i'm not even sure if I like the series since apparently SF 3 is very different from the others but i've heard SF 5 seems to be kind of SF 3?

Birdie

Charlie

Karin

R. Mika

I'm curious, which one of those 4 do you consider to be classic?

Charlie. However, he's my least favorite character. I like Birdie more than Charlie.

Edited by Magical CC

It's not that Alex and Urien are bad per say, but they are in no way anywhere near "classic" characters. I've also seen tons of trashing of Gief and Vega on site like GameFAQs literally for simply not being them. They aren't that amazing that they take presidence over anyone from SFII. The Alpha characters I will totally complement though. They were all great choices and Charlie has my biggest hype with Vega and Ken.

Also yeah, Ibuki, Dudley, Elena, and Makoto are super fine. They all look reasonable. Hugo's cool I guess, but I swear if there's a final fight character on this base roster

What makes a character "classic"? Their popularity or their age? Funnily enough, I find Zangief and Vega to be some of the most boring characters in the series, but they are safe and prominent characters, you know what you're getting with them, and that's not necessarily bad. A lot of the characters from SF3 do have a lot of popularity though, and people are probably bummed out because they haven't seen Alex (or Urien, though honestly he's more obscure like Q) in such a long time, meanwhile Gief and Vega were both available in SF4. It's not so much that they can't stand on their own merits, but that Capcom are being let's say "safe" with their choices. Whether that's a bad or good thing is up to you. Honestly, I don't really care if SF3 characters get in - my opinion of Vega and Gief stands without that. Why should they not take presidence over anyone from SF2, while Alpha characters are completely fine? This seems completely arbitrary and up to your opinions. Because it is.

There's very few characters I actually hate. More so that I would be indifferent to them. I have heard that Zen, assumedly the final new character, may be a "freakish" type character, so we'll see.

Edited by Tryhard

Just wait for Super Street Fighter 5.

Pal, try to READ sometime, you'll find you learn wonders. Like maybe that SFV will have more of a MOBA-style model, where you can earn all future DLC through in-game efforts, or purchase some form of premium currency/characters with real money.

I'll keep saying this so ppl listen.

THERE

WILL

BE

ONLY

ONE

VERSION.

Also images of Laura got Leaked. She's confirmed. Not gonna post any of them cause the director of SFV, Yoshinori Ono, is extremely annoyed at this. It's a direct betrayal of his plans to reveal her a week from now at the Brazil event. Look em up yourself, she looks great. We'll probably still get a trailer and reveal stuff at the Brazil event.

Capcom has gone back on their word many times before, but even then, he was probably just kidding. It would be amusing to see how much rage they would get if they did directly after saying they wouldn't.

https://twitter.com/EGSmexico/status/650044246230044672

"There will be a total of 16 characters, plus one new character and 2 returning."

Strange thing to say if it's correct, either Ono has maintained the wrong amount of playables or there are three additonal unplayable characters.

Currently people are speculating that if that is the case, then the remaining characters are likely:

Dhalsim (I believe this was another name along with one of the leaks - I suppose he would be the other returning character - I would think that Guile or Balrog would have been possibilities, but perhaps not.)

Juri

Alex

Urien

Zen

Of course, that's going off some information that is not really known to be true currently.

Edited by Tryhard

Pal, try to READ sometime, you'll find you learn wonders. Like maybe that SFV will have more of a MOBA-style model, where you can earn all future DLC through in-game efforts, or purchase some form of premium currency/characters with real money.

I'll keep saying this so ppl listen.

THERE

WILL

BE

ONLY

ONE

VERSION.

That's why I said wait for SSF5 even if there's only one version because that's what it will be.