Street Fighter V Thread

Randoman

well i might as well ask the people more into the series.

Is SF 5 similar to 2 and 4 from what you guys have seen/played? I think I can confirm that I don't like the other games in the series for sure lol besides 3 and not sure it's worth it to get this game.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a few things me and the guys at the Skullheart were able to find a few things:

From what we can tell she plays a lot like Blue Mary from the KoF Games with a lot of mixups, reads, counters, and a DP hit grab.

Additionally she seems to have stolen Blanka's powers. Her super even puts you into the Blanka ball...

She's Sean's Sister? Is she older? Younger? Twins maybe?

Anyway, I must agree with Gemma she looks like a lot of fun to play.

So now it's up to 3 more characters and the initial cast is set. Can't wait to see about Zen.

I was hanging onto buying a PS4 instead of XBone for a long period of time, and this pretty much cemented it.

I'm gonna rebuy (old one got busted some long time ago) IV to get back to playing actual people again. Hooray~

Edited by GoldenMapleLeaf

This game looks more hype the more I see. If I had say, the only characters I'd kick off the roster would firstly Zangief and Birdie because Mika's a full grappler and Laura's a semi-grappler, so we don't need another full grappler and semi-grappler, and Nash because I don't care for him that much.

I'd replace them with

Guile

C. Viper

Dhalsim

and then make the last old character Sakura and the last new character Zen since we already know about him.

Of course, this would make Mika and Karin the only classics, but *shrug*

I've been playing Alpha 3 again to get ready for Karin again, and am gonna rebuy (old one got busted some long time ago) IV to get back playing actual people again. Hooray~

You have Ultra on PS3 or Steam?

. . .that is amazing.

Like, "Ken flow chart" amazing. Hell, I'd play Necalli JUST to trigger that!

I hope everyone has a quote for it, I'd imagine Ken having more snarky lines :P:

Juri? Fine, she's being pushed in other games (PxZ, for instance).

Ibuki? I guess people really like her or something. I'd be partial to Rose, but I'm a weirdo.

I have no idea what NDK is, and I feel like I should know who/what Fan is. . .but alas. The rest of the cast looks like it'll be amusing.

Some have been suggested that NDK could mean Nadeshiko, Mika's wrestling partner. Fan could be Dan (yay typos), but all these names could just be placeholders for the real characters.

I'd actually attempt Nadeshiko over R. Mika. . .but if that is Nadeshiko, perhaps that's data that "tells" her what to do when R. Mika does something.

Fan is assumed to be likely Zen, it comes from Chinese and means “all,” “every,” and “worldly," supposedly.

There was another name under Tut found in the same file, but it might just be a tutorial.

It could be that Nadeshiko is an alt for Mika. This was supposedly done with minimal effort.

http://i.imgur.com/xTi8epC.jpg

CZX6qhj.jpg

Edited by Tryhard

That tease looks like:

Balrog, Guile, Alex, Ibuki, Juri, Urien

Looks like Guile pose in the second, the gray part looks like Ibuki's knives in the fourth, and it looks like there's a headband in the third i.e Alex. The other three are less sure - I said Balrog for the first and Urien for the last and the first and last I'm just not sure about. The first does kinda match the motion of one of Balrog's rush punches, though. Fifth should be Juri, though.

Edit: Apparently that's the Illuminati pin in the third picture? So Urien could be the third, Alex the first (or last) and Balrog the last (or first)? Not sure. Maybe it isn't a headband in the third.

Edited by Tryhard

The details on fight money (the in-game currency used for unlocking characters) has been revealed:

Fight Money Details:

The purpose of the Fight Money system is to reward players who stay engaged with Street Fighter V over time. While we are still finalizing details on pricing and Fight Money accumulation rates, which will be refined throughout our future beta tests, we are excited to share some details on how we are approaching the new system.

There will be two primary methods for players to gain Fight Money: completing daily goals, and leveling up individual characters.

Daily Goals:

Each day a player logs into the Street Fighter V client, they will be assigned a new daily goal. Daily goals should be easily achievable in in one play session, and will award Fight Money based on their difficulty.

Some example goals are as follows:

- Land X number of Hadokens

- Land X number of anti-air attacks

- Land X number crush-counter hits

Daily goals will help players improve with a variety of characters. It will also ensure that players with a limited amount of time to play per day can still earn characters for free. We want a system that rewards frequency of play, rather than requiring long marathon grinding sessions.

Leveling Individual Characters:

Another goal that we have for the Fight Money system is to ensure that players can still earn Fight Money through both single player and multiplayer modes. We accomplish this by allowing players to earn Fight Money by leveling up individual characters in a variety of modes.

To remove any confusion up front, leveling up a character in Street Fighter V will not affect game balance. It only shows how much time and effort an individual has placed into learning a character.

Each time a player levels up a character, they will receive a Fight Money bonus. Earlier levels will be easy to obtain, and will scale to become more difficult the higher the level.

Street Fighter V will reward players who experiment with a wide variety of characters, and those who play frequently. If you complete your daily goals and level up your characters on a regular basis, you’ll be on your way to earning new characters with ease!

For those who just can’t wait to earn each piece of new content, content can also be purchased instantly using our premium currency, named Zenny, which can be bought with real money.

Sounds like a fair deal to me, getting in-game money in both online and offline modes, focusing on how many times you load up and play rather than putting in a huge amount of hours in, and letting even people who don't have much time to devote to gaming still be able to buy characters with in-game money easily.

Edited by Randoman

I'm glad Capcom has adoped a LoL-esque way of doing DLC, especially with the way they handled it in IV. It seems like the best way to mix today's current status and the past where you would just put in cheatcodes or go through story mode to unlock all the costumes.