Fixing Fates story issues (spoilers)

Yari

Why was the kingdom abandoned?

The ruler was imfamous for wanting all the power for himself. He even slaughtered innocents to gain power. At some point, a rebelion was formed and a civil war broke out between the rebelion and the ruler`s soldiers. Many people died during this conflict and those who left the kingdom starved to death as they never found the portal to Hoshido and Nohr or another land period.

Atleast that`s the idea, I might need to think more about this.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoshido in the past was just as war-mongering and glory-seeking as Nohr and even more ruthless. While their are actually some benefits of living under Nohrian rule (protection from bandits, severely reduced crime rates and an opportunity to climb the Nohrian Hierarchy if you have talent in an are),

I know it's a small retcon compared to Hoshido having a violent past, but the Nohr described in promotional materials is chaotic and high in crime, so the bolded probably doesn't make a lot of sense and would fit Hoshido better. The ability to rise through the ranks is canon though.

I've actually been working on ways to make it less similar to Awakening (with little success, any suggestions?) and I'm planning on doing a thing with the 'invisible ties'. While in Awakening they were treated by the villains as worthless ideals and that Robins could cast them aside, Gooron and Co. actually plan to exploit them as part of their plans as they believed they could afford to play the long-game (while Anankos only hibernated for 11 years, they were supposed to stay asleep until Kamui was ready for possession. However, they're woken up prematurely when Kamui freaks out in Hoshido as they more or less 'sense a disturbance in the force' for lack of better phrasing). The plan more or less went like this:

1- Abuse Kamui both physically and emotionally in order to establish the unhealthy mental beliefs that will enable the latter stages i.e. guilt complex, poor self-esteem and the idea that he should never discuss his feelings with anyone.

2- Let Kamui interact with retainers and family while keeping up the abuse to ensure that he becomes mentally and emotionally dependent on them.

3- Start a war with Hoshido and use it as a cover to start killing them all of, preferably in situations that would lead Kamui to blame himself. This is harder than it sounds, as while Kamui does have problems with guilt, they're not completely unreasonable about it (they won't go 'Oh no! All my friends and family were assassinated while I was asleep, if only I had been awake at three in the morning so that I could've stopped this from happening!' for instance)

4- ???

5- Profit!

My, what a complex plan. I'm not exactly sold on the idea for a plot so complex when the goal is relatively simple. Take a look at Littlefinger in Game of Thrones (I am entirely too fond of GoT comparisons). He's definitely playing the long game, positioning different parties against each other, making alliances, making the people in power more reliant on his services and subtlety gaining power. For him, this is a necessary process because "gaining influence and power" is a goal so undefined and without end that there are several ways to go about it and all of them require careful planning. If his goal was something as simple as "kill Ned Stark", one might be confused if such a goal somehow required him to tarnish Ned's reputation, drive him to despair, and conquer Westeros before he can pull it off. That's what this Anankos/Kamui plot feels to me, but it's even more egregious because Anankos is a god-like figure that only limited by his complexity addiction. It seems you won't be swayed on this, however. .

Some questions:

1. Is the "long game" just making Kamui sad? Does it really need to be a "long" game? Is conquering Hoshido really required?

2. What is Macbeth and Ganz' stake in all this? Are they aware of Gooron?

A suggestions to de-Awakening your plot premise:

Instead of Kamui being the chosen one with the most special soul, make him have a kind of soul that is especially useful for restoring Anankos. This is similar to an idea I had for a Fire Embem/Dark Souls crossover but make it so that any dragon-spawn have souls that can be consumed to restore the big bad, but for some reason Anankos can't make any more children. You could even use this to tie Kanna into the plot. (Now I'm having morbid fantasies about Anankos trying to set up Kamui as harem protagonist to make the highest amount of dragon babies to eat. You all wanted an anime you could live in! You brought this upon yourself!)

The ruler was imfamous for wanting all the power for himself. He even slaughtered innocents to gain power. At some point, a rebelion was formed and a civil war broke out between the rebelion and the ruler`s soldiers. Many people died during this conflict and those who left the kingdom starved to death as they never found the portal to Hoshido and Nohr or another land period.

Atleast that`s the idea, I might need to think more about this.

A kingdom could go into decline after a civil war but to have EVERYONE in the kingdom die out would require a greater disaster. Something like "crazy magic in the war ripped the continent apart/made it barren and devoid of vegetation." More thought may be required.

Edited by NekoKnight

I know it's a small retcon compared to Hoshido having a violent past, but the Nohr described in promotional materials is chaotic and high in crime, so the bolded probably doesn't make a lot of sense and would fit Hoshido better. The ability to rise through the ranks is canon though.

http://ammie-plays-fe14.tumblr.com/post/125392307337/damoselcastel-replied-to-your-post-about

I don't see the problem with reworking Nohr on that point.

Edited by Alazen

A kingdom could go into decline after a civil war but to have EVERYONE in the kingdom die out would require a greater disaster. Something like "crazy magic in the war ripped the continent apart/made it barren and devoid of vegetation." More thought may be required.

Yeah, I thought so.

No, Nohr is far more orderly in the rewrite as a means of making it less 'lol empires are evul!'. Makaras is ridiculously stupid in crime-rate and chaotic, but it was like that before Nohr took over and they turn a blind eye because some resources from the criminal underworld their are incredibly useful like experimental magics, elixirs and smuggled goods and as long as they get a cut of that, they couldn't care less about stepping onto that landmine.

My, what a complex plan. I'm not exactly sold on the idea for a plot so complex when the goal is relatively simple. Take a look at Littlefinger in Game of Thrones (I am entirely too fond of GoT comparisons). He's definitely playing the long game, positioning different parties against each other, making alliances, making the people in power more reliant on his services and subtlety gaining power. For him, this is a necessary process because "gaining influence and power" is a goal so undefined and without end that there are several ways to go about it and all of them require careful planning. If his goal was something as simple as "kill Ned Stark", one might be confused if such a goal somehow required him to tarnish Ned's reputation, drive him to despair, and conquer Westeros before he can pull it off. That's what this Anankos/Kamui plot feels to me, but it's even more egregious because Anankos is a god-like figure that only limited by his complexity addiction. It seems you won't be swayed on this, however.

The plot doesn't strike me as all that complex though. Sure, it takes some time to pull off, but all the people behind it are functionally immortal, so 'taking a long time' doesn't even make them blink in terms of flaws. Besides, the goals they're trying to pull off are very minimal effort on their part and are pretty easy to accomplish (the emotionally and physically abused person isn't mentally stable and is dependent on others for their mental health? Whoda thunk it?). Besides, possessing Kamui is only one part of Anankos' end goal and starting a war with Nohr and Hoshido is actually a pretty big part of that plan. Lastly, in terms of limited abilities, Anankos is more hampered by the fact that they are suffering from what amounts to a very deliberating illness that is killing them and that each use of their power only speeds up the process. They only take matters into their own hands twice in the whole story; one to start a punch-on with Kamui and goad them into using his Dragonstone and test his power, and the other to break into the Hoshidan Royal Palaces vault and steal a legendary healing relic that slows down the deterioration of their health.

Some questions:

1. Is the "long game" just making Kamui sad? Does it really need to be a "long" game? Is conquering Hoshido really required?

2. What is Macbeth and Ganz' stake in all this? Are they aware of Gooron?

Neither of them are aware of Gooron's existence, though both are a little suspicious of Garon's very sudden change in personality. Iago is extremely disturbed by Gooron's willingness to perform very ruthless actions and has considered defecting (and he does eventually), but is initially kept in line by the fact that he can't afford to lose his job as tactician and some very negative experiences with treason in the past. Ganz doesn't care as long as he gets paid.

A suggestions to de-Awakening your plot premise:

Instead of Kamui being the chosen one with the most special soul, make him have a kind of soul that is especially useful for restoring Anankos. This is similar to an idea I had for a Fire Embem/Dark Souls crossover but make it so that any dragon-spawn have souls that can be consumed to restore the big bad, but for some reason Anankos can't make any more children. You could even use this to tie Kanna into the plot. (Now I'm having morbid fantasies about Anankos trying to set up Kamui as harem protagonist to make the highest amount of dragon babies to eat. You all wanted an anime you could live in! You brought this upon yourself!)

That's...more or less what Anankos is going to do after he takes Kamui's body. Basically, he intends to steal Kamui's identity and assume control of Touma as a nation that acts as a mediator between Nohr and Hoshido. From there, he secretly starts a harem and has as many children as possible before discreetly killing off the mothers and devouring the children's souls before repeating the process indefinitely.

Edited by Phillius

Nohr *rimshot* do I, but Phillius wanted to keep as many of the original elements as possible so I thought I'd mention it.

No, Nohr is far more orderly in the rewrite as a means of making it less 'lol empires are evul!'. Makaras is ridiculously stupid in crime-rate and chaotic, but it was like that before Nohr took over and they turn a blind eye because some resources from the criminal underworld their are incredibly useful like experimental magics, elixirs and smuggled goods and as long as they get a cut of that, they couldn't care less about stepping onto that landmine.

I don't think original description of Nohr was completely without merit. The 'core' of the empire might be well defended/orderly but the larger an empire is, the harder it would be to control its outermost territories.

They probably created an army of artificial monsters like Faceless and Golems only to realize later they had no way to control them since all the practitioners of the dark arts died out.

I like this option. All the better to tie in existing elements.

Nohr *rimshot* do I, but Phillius wanted to keep as many of the original elements as possible so I thought I'd mention it.

I don't think original description of Nohr was completely without merit. The 'core' of the empire might be well defended/orderly but the larger an empire is, the harder it would be to control its outermost territories.

It depends on which Vassal State you go to more than anything else. Most of the original conquests are almost completely integrated into Nohr's empire, to the point that their original names have been forgotten, but the more recent ones are still rebellious and struggling against Nohrian rule, albeit very unsuccessfully since Nohr is a lot better at dealing with rebel scum than they are at rebelling against an infinitely superior occupying force. Makaras wasn't a recent conquest, but that place is always going to be a hive of scum and villainy no matter what happens.

Edited by Phillius

So what's so bad about the story? All I see is nitpicking from veterans who don't like change.

To sum it up:

-The villains are needlessly evil without having any concrete motive and/or are poorly-handled throughout the story.

-Several characters due very stupid things or rely on random plot-devices to get through the story (Azura's crystal ball and 'tactical genius' being prime examples).

-The plot (and several characters) orbit around Kamui, such as the villains wanting to make Kamui cry for no reason, Kamui is the chosen one, lots of characters only noticeable trait outside of supports is their love for Kamui ETC.

-The story is very black and white. Nohr is a slum sh*ithole with high crime rates and poor internal order that runs around committing war crimes while Hoshido is a beautiful, prosperous and peaceful land that can do no wrong and is set up to be the 'victim' of the story and, while I'm willing to give IS the benefit of the doubt on this, reeks of cultural posturing (War-mongering Western nation vs Peaceful Eastern nation? Hmm...) that ignores Japan's own violent past.

-Anankos and Touma, period. While I do believe that they can add interesting and positive elements to the story, the way they're handled in the game creates plot-holes a mile wide and the Invisible History does nothing to alleviate this. The only real purpose they have in the story is to let the nations unite for a golden, feel-good ending and let Kamui get their freak on with both sets of siblings.

-Outside of supports, a lot of the characters are poorly-developed and one-dimensional. Azura doesn't do much but act as an exposition-bot and get ship-teased with Kamui, the sisters are largely forgotten about by the plot, Kamui doesn't really have any personality and comes across as weak-willed in Nohr's path, Camilla's obsession with Kamui is creepy and uncomfortable to watch, Mikoto (Kamui's mother and leader of Hoshido, a seemingly very important character) is killed off the chapter after she's introduced and I'm going to stop now because I could go literally all day with this.

Edited by Phillius

To sum it up:

-The villains are needlessly evil without having any concrete motive and/or are poorly-handled throughout the story.

-Several characters due very stupid things or rely on random plot-devices to get through the story (Azura's crystal ball and 'tactical genius' being prime examples).

-The plot (and several characters) orbit around Kamui, such as the villains wanting to make Kamui cry for no reason, Kamui is the chosen one, lots of characters only noticeable trait outside of supports is their love for Kamui ETC.

-The story is very black and white. Nohr is a slum sh*ithole with high crime rates and poor internal order that runs around committing war crimes while Hoshido is a beautiful, prosperous and peaceful land that can do no wrong and is set up to be the 'victim' of the story and, while I'm willing to give IS the benefit of the doubt on this, reeks of cultural posturing (War-mongering Western nation vs Peaceful Eastern nation? Hmm...) that ignores Japan's own violent past.

-Anankos and Touma, period. While I do believe that they can add interesting and positive elements to the story, the way they're handled in the game creates plot-holes a mile wide and the Invisible History does nothing to alleviate this. The only real purpose they have in the story is to let the nations unite for a golden, feel-good ending and let Kamui get their freak on with both sets of siblings.

-Outside of supports, a lot of the characters are poorly-developed and one-dimensional. Azura doesn't do much but act as an exposition-bot and get ship-teased with Kamui, the sisters are largely forgotten about by the plot, Kamui doesn't really have any personality and comes across as weak-willed in Nohr's path, Camilla's obsession with Kamui is creepy and uncomfortable to watch, Mikoto (Kamui's mother and leader of Hoshido, a seemingly very important character) is killed off the chapter after she's introduced and I'm going to stop now because I could go literally all day with this.

Eh I could care less about Camilla, she just seems like another Tharja/Shara imo. Poor Azura/Aqua though, she has so much potential. All I remember was seeing people complain about "incest" when there wasn't any incest to begin with. Also I'm afraid that FE fans are all pretty low on the list when it comes to disturbing material, they should play something like drakengard...

Eh it's Japan, what are you going to do? Hoshido was the better option anyways since I prefer those designs over old boring European looking ones, the new classes are a nice change too and I love the Japanese feel of Birthright.

As for Kamui I can't say much, but I can mostly ignore character praising since its only there to give otaku something to feel good about.

Edited by GrayClouds23

Not that anybody cares for me, I am taking a hiatus from Serenes (mainly this thread) just to focus on other things. I also have a writers block and have been making up the story from scratch since I haven't played the game but have only used information from most of this thread and others. Sorry if anyone (doubt that) who was looking forward to my rewrites. However this does not mean I'm done, just on a break. If you have ideas post them because apparently this story really needs saving.

Does it really need that much saving? I won't know until the English release since my Japanese isn't that great. I don't really see a need to rewrite the story. I think it;s funny how fans complained about Awakening having a bad story so they brought in a different guy to work on this one, yet people still complain lol.

If anything characters in this series have never been that great, the gameplay is where it's at.

Not that anybody cares for me, I am taking a hiatus from Serenes (mainly this thread) just to focus on other things. I also have a writers block and have been making up the story from scratch since I haven't played the game but have only used information from most of this thread and others. Sorry if anyone (doubt that) who was looking forward to my rewrites. However this does not mean I'm done, just on a break. If you have ideas post them because apparently this story really needs saving.

Good luck with that writer's block. See you when you get back.

Okay, so I've worked out the basic details for the next few chapters, though I still plan to go back and edit the previous ones before doing anything new.

[spoiler= The Plot]

1/2- More or less the same as the in-game events (Kamui beats Xander, doesn't kill prisoners ETC) with more conversations between the Royals and minor changes to suit character quirks.

3- Xander and Camilla area able to 'convince' Garon that the only reason Kamui choked was because that would've been his first time killing someone and the pressure got to him. Garon then assigns Kamui, his retainers and Ganz to the Infinite Chasm as his first military assignment under orders to claim as many Hoshidan-controlled fortresses they can. They travel through Nohrian Vassal States to get their and, while the first few go by uneventfully, they start receiving less and less welcoming treatments and are even targeted by an unsuccessful assassination attempt. The relationship between Nohr and it's Vassal States as well as the nature of Nohrian occupation is explained.

4- Kamui and Co. arrive at the Infinite Chasm and quickly get to work after a lecture on how Nohr is at a disadvantage because of the environment. While Kamui is a formidable fighter, most of his use comes from using Dragon's Vein to support the regular troops (creating new bridges to circumvent Hoshidan defenses, creating strong winds to hamper the use of Hoshidan projectiles and blowing up fortress gates). Progress is made rapidly but, while in the process of taking a minor outpost that shouldn't have required much effort to take, Kamui claims his first enemy life and freaks out, becoming inconsolable for a few days before his retainers are able to break through to him and help him cope with his actions as an example of how dependent he is on them emotionally.

5- News of Kamui and Co. + Ganz's success reaches Garon and the Nohrian Royals. While it is stressed that it's a combination of Kamui's powers, Gunther's strategic ability and Ganz's 'leadership' skills that did so well, the Nohrian siblings are obviously more concerned with Kamui's involvement. Gooron agrees to send the others to the Infinite Chasm to speed things along (previously not allowing them to go under the pretense of it being 'too dangerous' as part of his charade of being the real Garon). Some time passes by and Kamui and the others are in the process of attacking another major fortress that just won't give in and they're waiting for the other royals to show up and tip the scales. Unfortunately for them though, an elite force of Samurai Caste warriors led personally by Ryoma show up in response to Nohr's startling progress in order to retake all the land they lost (the Infinite Chasm is a considerable annoyance for Nohr, but maintaining control of it is a life-or-death scenario for Hoshido).

Kamui, while not exactly happy about killing, is now able to put it out of his mind while on the battlefield and is taking enemy soldiers out by the handfuls when he gets ambushed by Ryoma as well as Saizou, Kagerou, Suzukaze and Yuugiri. Ryoma starts trying to appeal to Kamui, but all it does is confuse him. Gunther convinces him that it's just a mind game and the battle if joined. Gunther is unable to assist Kamui because Yuugiri is too skilled an opponent for him to easily defeat leaving Kamui to fight Ryoma + Team 7 by himself. He does pretty well for himself, as none of them can take a hit very well and they're trying to take him alive, but Ryoma is far more experienced and talented with a sword and the ninja trio keep hitting him with needles coated with powerful muscle relaxants.

Just as Kamui collapses and Ryoma starts talking cryptically about 'undoing what the Nohrians have done', he get's saved by the Nohrian siblings. They stay to fight while Gunther is ordered to take Kamui and GTFO. Unfortunately, they don't get very far from the fort before they get ambushed by Ganz, who is under orders to kill Gunther from Gooron. Ganz decides to kill Kamui as well and frame it on the Hoshidans since they hate each other and have been arguing/fighting the entire time they were supposed to be working together (Ganz considering Kamui to be a whiny and entitled child with no clue how the real world works and Kamui considering Ganz to be a vile and brutish thug more suited to prison than the Royal Palace). Gunther puts up a fight, but is too tired to pose a challenge and gets knocked off the edge pretty quickly. Kamui meanwhile, is both physically drained and mentally unfocused from the muscle relaxants and Ganz is able to just toss him off the edge at his leisure and even take the time to monologue. The chapter ends with Kamui blacking out before getting saved by Lilith and Ganz successfully blaming the Hoshidans for Kamui's 'death' (although Xander suspects that he's lying).

Does it really need that much saving? I won't know until the English release since my Japanese isn't that great. I don't really see a need to rewrite the story. I think it;s funny how fans complained about Awakening having a bad story so they brought in a different guy to work on this one, yet people still complain lol.

If anything characters in this series have never been that great, the gameplay is where it's at.

Shin Kibiyashi didn't really write much of anything. Well, he wrote 500 pages per route, but wasn't credited under "scenario creation" and only appears under "special thanks". Plus, post-launch he tweeted out how he didn't do much overall, and most of the credit should go IS's "writers".

Shin Kibiyashi didn't really write much of anything. Well, he wrote 500 pages per route, but wasn't credited under "scenario creation" and only appears under "special thanks". Plus, post-launch he tweeted out how he didn't do much overall, and most of the credit should go IS's "writers".

Seriously? He's not even credited as a writer? So much for hiring a good writer for the story. That's a serious misdirection.

Alright, for the other rewriters here what final bosses for the Paths have you picked so far (if any)?

Garon for both Nohr and Hoshido.

So what are you guys doing for the other Royals in terms of backstory, 'fixes' and other such things? I'll give heavily summarised versions of mine to start off:

-Azura world-view is quite cynical, but she's much more satisfied with her lifestyle (to contrast Kamui, who's more idealistic and much more unhappy in regards to personal life).

-Ryoma knows that Hoshido is going to lose the war eventually and struggles to deal with it

-Xander has repressed anger issues and survivors guilt

-Hinoka has the same issues as Ryoma

-Camilla is an alcoholic as a result of trying to cope with PTSD from the Waifu Wars as well as balancing her personal life with the very cut-throat meritocracy of the Nohrian Court

-Takumi feels worthless and unloved when compared to his siblings

-Leo wants to have a deeper relationship with others, but is heavily anti-social and doesn't like spending much time with other people

-And both Elise and Sakura aren't as childish as they first seem (in both good and bad ways).

Of course, they all get better. This is just where they're starting at.

What are the immediate lead ups to both fights against Garon?

Kamui's group defeats Marx and finally convince him to join the revolution. With half of Garon's generals having switched sides and his support dwindlling, he resorts to more and more ruthless tactics. Kamui and friends finally challenge him in the capital and defeat him.

It's still pretty standard Fire Emblem story progression so I'm considering throwing in a sub-plot to run alongside the main story.

So what are you guys doing for the other Royals in terms of backstory, 'fixes' and other such things? I'll give heavily summarised versions of mine to start off:

-Azura world-view is quite cynical, but she's much more satisfied with her lifestyle (to contrast Kamui, who's more idealistic and much more unhappy in regards to personal life).

-Ryoma knows that Hoshido is going to lose the war eventually and struggles to deal with it

-Xander has repressed anger issues and survivors guilt

-Hinoka has the same issues as Ryoma

-Camilla is an alcoholic as a result of trying to cope with PTSD from the Waifu Wars as well as balancing her personal life with the very cut-throat meritocracy of the Nohrian Court

-Takumi feels worthless and unloved when compared to his siblings

-Leo wants to have a deeper relationship with others, but is heavily anti-social and doesn't like spending much time with other people

-And both Elise and Sakura aren't as childish as they first seem (in both good and bad ways).

Of course, they all get better. This is just where they're starting at.

-Kamui is idealistic but not as naive (he was only locked up for the first 6 years after his abduction). Is passionate about defending the weak and prefers non-lethal solutions to problems. In spite of a Nohrian upbringing, he believes in the inherit goodness of people.

-Azura is the chieftains daughter of the water tribe in western Nohr (that giant lake area). She is never taken to Hoshido and replaces Rinka and Suzukaze as the prisoners you fight in the second chapter, after Marx puts down her tribes rebellion.

-Ryoma is a stubborn upholder of traditions and doesn't believe in the social mobility common in Nohr. He holds a grudge against Nohr for killing his father and taking Kamui. He's aloof in person but passionate in battle.

-Hinoka is a more experienced battle commander and warrior, something she dedicated herself to since Kamui's kidnapping. She is bold and reckless, but a paragon of Hoshidan warrior culture, alongside Ryoma.

-Similar to the canon characterization, Takumi suffers from serious middle-child syndrome and works the hardest to prove himself. He hates Kamui most of all for consuming his older sibling's attention and for betraying Hoshido.

-Sakura is mature for her age but is concerned about her ability to contribute to the family. She is serene and determined, the most like her mother out of the five siblings.

-Marx is strictly concerned with chivalry and upholding one's duties. Though he is dedicated to justice and protecting the common people, he's stubbornly loyal to Garon. He is the 3rd eldest and last surviving child (his two older brothers died in the last Hoshido/Nohr conflict) of the king and queen.

-Camilla has PTSD from her participation in the Waifu Wars but hides it behind a motherly facade. She has attachment anxiety and clings onto Kamui with the belief that his status as a foreigner will make him safe from Nohr's deadly court politics. She's both a talented warrior and political strategist making her one of Garon's favorite children.

-Leon is a prodigal mage and able battle commander. He is an only child and had the happiest childhood amongst his siblings. His ruthlessness is inline with Nohrian values but often puts him at ends with the more idealistic Kamui.

-Elise is also an only child and was born at the end of the Waifu Wars. She's neglected by her mother (who is busy enjoying an extravagant lifestyle as one of Garon's mistresses.) She often feels lonely and unneeded but tries to maintain a cheerful personality to support her siblings who she feels have worse problems than she does.

Edited by NekoKnight

-Aqua has been cut. Her being a foil to Kamui has been granted to Flora, Joker serves as the team planner, and Lilith can serve as the guide to the Hydra/Touma element of the setting.

-The sisters range from not being relevant to having minor roles at best. Since I'm convinced that Fates has too many siblings for Kamui I've figured to make Ryoma and Hinoka one character alongside either cutting the younger sisters, or merging the younger sisters along with scrapping Camilla.

-Kamui is the middle child of the Hoshidan Heavenly Children born to Sumeragi and Mikoto. He grows up internalizing Nohrian teachings of conquest, status, blood, what have you while being kept in his place away from Garon's actual children. If he opposes Hoshido he dreams of himself on Hoshido's throne.

Edited by Alazen

• Camilla dotes on her younger siblings in general, rather than just Kamui. She also has PTSD thanks to the waifu wars

Elise and Sakura feel useless, since they can`t fight like their older siblings.

Aqua is the chieftan of the water tribe`s daughter. She`s never kidnapped by Hoshido and is the prisoner Kamui fights instead

Kamui is a bit less naive and wants to fight to protect those she loves

Ruyoma is more wary of Kamui being raised by the enemy

Edited by Metal Flash