Ike

TLSothe

63 members have voted

1. 1. Whattya think of Ike?

• HE RULES!
    • Ehh, could be better.
    • Broken loser.
    • I never use him.

Lyn is desperate for Defense, as her's is terrible. Besides, Critical is unreliable for the most part, unless the character is like Guy for example, who has a Critical bonus and hax supports.

so having terrible defense and not-that-good strength makes someone not good?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowen is the best Paladin, so he'll be played. Eliwood has much better stats than Lyn, so he promotes early.

Serra is the best character; along with Matthew and will be played as such. Fiora can triangle with Kent and Sain, but makes a fast and powerful Florina A. It's easier to keep in range, too. Kent and Sain are both Top tier characters and are most likely to be used.

Lyn is desperate for Defense, as her's is terrible. Besides, Critical is unreliable for the most part, unless the character is like Guy for example, who has a Critical bonus and hax supports.

Opinions and assumptions once again. Did you know that there is a choice on who promotes first, Lyn or Eliwood? There's also a choice as to who is being played. Personally, I never use Lowen.

Are you saying Serra is the best character in the game? LOL! And what if the others (GASP!) aren't played?

It is terrible; That's why she's great at dodging. Critical isn't the most reliable thing, but having constant 30+ crit chances is awesome.

Serra the best? *laughs hysterically* I doubt a healer could be the best (with the exception of Priscilla and Mist)

On a side note I PERSONALLY hate Serra's personality. She's so annoying!!! I like Priscilla's personality because she's calm and nice and shy, just the way I like girls :)

And she doesn't want to get in bed with Raven, she just hasn't seen him in a loooooong time and misses him

and all this is IMO

Serra the best? *laughs hysterically* I doubt a healer could be the best (with the exception of Priscilla and Mist)

On a side note I PERSONALLY hate Serra's personality. She's so annoying!!! I like Priscilla's personality because she's calm and nice and shy, just the way I like girls :)

And she doesn't want to get in bed with Raven, she just hasn't seen him in a loooooong time and misses him

and all this is IMO

You're in the wrong topic. We were already off-topic a bit, but this way out there....

You're in the wrong topic. We were already off-topic a bit, but this way out there....

huh? *sees topic title* whoops, I thought this was the Priscilla vs Serra one

in that case: Ike kicks ass, kthnxbai

Eliwood has hax supports that make him incredible. Hector A, Lowen B gives +3 Attack, +4 Defense, and +25% Avoid. After a few chapters, and he's one of the best characters. As such, he'll promote earlier.

Florina can always get Fiora or Serra instead of Lyn or might not be played, Kent wants Sain and Fiora, Eliwood and Hector have each other, and Wallace, Wil, and Rath are terrible. Rath joins too late and has a bad affinity anyways.

Bias. Bias bias bias. Biased bias. Bias again. More bias.

Jesus god, you wonder why most of us find you annoying? You tell us not to be biased and then you go spout your opinions as the unadulterated truth. At least be outright hostile as I am so that people who think you're full of shit find it easier to tune you out.

How can you say Rath is terrible? Oh, that's right. Because you fail at using bowmen. He's absolutely amazing and saying otherwise shows you have tunnel vision when it comes to how to play.

Play the game hardcore, as in my definition of it. Beat the game without ever resetting to reload a save because things didn't go your way, and tell me how many of your precious amazing units you lose. Until you can prove to me that your way works without fail every time, I will not accept your bullshit as fact.

Lyn at best gets Florina A, and the bonuses barely help her defense problems.

Averages please.

Except Lyn is fairly mediocre and promotes very late, while Eliwood is one of the best characters? :o

Eliwood>Hector, as Eliwood actually promotes at a decent time. Hector also hurts Experience for mos the game.

Her "defense problems" are immaterial. She's got great HP and unless you're totally defense hosed, she can take a hit or two when she needs to, which is rare because you should be fielding at least Hector, Lowen, or Oswin to tank and you should have a healer or two that can fix her up right when your turn comes around again.

Also, averages:

20/--:

Eliwood has 2 more strength on average. That's hardly so superior that Lyn is useless.

Lyn has 3 or 4 more skill. I'm not sure what that equates to in crit bonuses and hit percentage, but it helps her offense plenty.

Lyn has 4 or 5 more speed. She's going to be doubling EVERYTHING, while Eliwood will single-hit enemy Myrmidons.

Their luck is tied. That keeps up throughout most the game.

Eliwood has 4 or 5 more defense and maybe 4 HP. He's more durable. *shrugs* That's a bonus, but he's still not going to be tanking for you without being a liability.

Resistance, they are almost tied (less than a point spread between them).

They are near equal units. Their bonuses from supports change things up a bit, but not enough to give a clear edge to one or the other, because even the most drastic difference you can come up with is going to be 3 points one way or the other. Oooh. That's such a major deal, man, especially towards the end of the game when your units are near invincible anyway.

Also, how can you say Eliwood is better than Hector? Hector is probably the best lord in the whole series, save Ike in Radiant Dawn. I don't care that Eliwood's defense can be bolstered with supports. Hector doesn't need supports to be invincible. He's also got the ability to use hand axes for range when you need it. Building supports always hurts your tactics rank, anyway. I thought that kind of shit mattered to you. He only hurts your XP rank if you're stupid enough to use him at 20/-- before he promotes. If you get a guy to max level without the ability to promote them, leave them behind for oh-shit purposes only.

Opinions and assumptions once again. Did you know that there is a choice on who promotes first, Lyn or Eliwood? There's also a choice as to who is being played. Personally, I never use Lowen.

Are you saying Serra is the best character in the game? LOL! And what if the others (GASP!) aren't played?

It is terrible; That's why she's great at dodging. Critical isn't the most reliable thing, but having constant 30+ crit chances is awesome.

Using the best characters>not using them.

Best healing, decent supports, and early promotion makes her the best.

Eliwood has 63% Avoid and 15 Defense, 33 HP at level 20 w/ Hector A, Lowen B. Lyn has 29 HP, 45% Avoid, and 7 Defense at level 20 w/ Florina A. It's fairly obvious who is better defensively.

Bias. Bias bias bias. Biased bias. Bias again. More bias.

Jesus god, you wonder why most of us find you annoying? You tell us not to be biased and then you go spout your opinions as the unadulterated truth. At least be outright hostile as I am so that people who think you're full of shit find it easier to tune you out.

How can you say Rath is terrible? Oh, that's right. Because you fail at using bowmen. He's absolutely amazing and saying otherwise shows you have tunnel vision when it comes to how to play.

Play the game hardcore, as in my definition of it. Beat the game without ever resetting to reload a save because things didn't go your way, and tell me how many of your precious amazing units you lose. Until you can prove to me that your way works without fail every time, I will not accept your bullshit as fact.

Her "defense problems" are immaterial. She's got great HP and unless you're totally defense hosed, she can take a hit or two when she needs to, which is rare because you should be fielding at least Hector, Lowen, or Oswin to tank and you should have a healer or two that can fix her up right when your turn comes around again.

Also, averages:

20/--:

Eliwood has 2 more strength on average. That's hardly so superior that Lyn is useless.

Lyn has 3 or 4 more skill. I'm not sure what that equates to in crit bonuses and hit percentage, but it helps her offense plenty.

Lyn has 4 or 5 more speed. She's going to be doubling EVERYTHING, while Eliwood will single-hit enemy Myrmidons.

Their luck is tied. That keeps up throughout most the game.

Eliwood has 4 or 5 more defense and maybe 4 HP. He's more durable. *shrugs* That's a bonus, but he's still not going to be tanking for you without being a liability.

Resistance, they are almost tied (less than a point spread between them).

They are near equal units. Their bonuses from supports change things up a bit, but not enough to give a clear edge to one or the other, because even the most drastic difference you can come up with is going to be 3 points one way or the other. Oooh. That's such a major deal, man, especially towards the end of the game when your units are near invincible anyway.

Also, how can you say Eliwood is better than Hector? Hector is probably the best lord in the whole series, save Ike in Radiant Dawn. I don't care that Eliwood's defense can be bolstered with supports. Hector doesn't need supports to be invincible. He's also got the ability to use hand axes for range when you need it. Building supports always hurts your tactics rank, anyway. I thought that kind of shit mattered to you. He only hurts your XP rank if you're stupid enough to use him at 20/-- before he promotes. If you get a guy to max level without the ability to promote them, leave them behind for oh-shit purposes only.

It's because it's been proven that the Top Tiers are why they are better than everyone else. Try proving why Character X is better with factual evidence.

I actually use Bow-users constantly. Rath joins extremely underleveled, with mediocre stats and no supports. He's not good.

I've done that before. >__< Being forced to weaken the team due to one character's mediocrity is bad.

Eliwood has supports to make up for every weakness. Both characters double the enemies anyways, but Eliwood does more damage due to being able to use better weapons without much AS loss and durability.

Hector is useless for most the game. He's far from best.

Lyn is never really good, while Roy is actually good midgame, then is awesome endgame.

Nah Lyn is way better than Roy.

Lyn comes early and promotes early. She is not all that powerful to begin with but once promoted she rocks. She has great speed and high attack power.

Roy is alright but he promotes so late in the game. He really does not have much use in the game...

Using the best characters>not using them.

Best healing, decent supports, and early promotion makes her the best.

Eliwood has 63% Avoid and 15 Defense, 33 HP at level 20 w/ Hector A, Lowen B. Lyn has 29 HP, 45% Avoid, and 7 Defense at level 20 w/ Florina A. It's fairly obvious who is better defensively.

That doesn't mean they will definitely be played.

Her magic is only better than Priscilla's as long as she's a few levels higher, so no. Her supports take forever, so no. Early promotion only if you do serious abuse in Lyn's mode.

Except Lyn is very possibly coming at a higher level, making her better for some time.

Her level shouldn't be higher.. (assuming you got S or something in lyn mode instead of boss-abusing). If it is, it's not by much. And it very well could be lower. She has twice as many chapters, but those chapters also have about a third as many enemies in them.

Edited by Reikken

Her level shouldn't be higher.. (assuming you got S or something in lyn mode instead of boss-abusing). If it is, it's not by much. And it very well could be lower. She has twice as many chapters, but those chapters also have about a third as many enemies in them.

Getting Lyn to ~10 in her story and keeping an S rank is rather easy to do. Eliwood may well not be that high when you get her back. He could be about that high, but that still helps Lyn in that she comes perfectly prepared to fight, unlike Eliwood did.

Why do we even bother talking to SS?

He's already got his ideas and if anyone disagrees, THEY ARE 100% EMPIRICALLY WRONG.

See my sig. There's not even a point to talking to him.

Then use some logical reasoning, please. I've been proven wrong before, but you haven't yet. >__<

Getting Lyn to ~10 in her story and keeping an S rank is rather easy to do. Eliwood may well not be that high when you get her back. He could be about that high, but that still helps Lyn in that she comes perfectly prepared to fight, unlike Eliwood did.

Not really, since enemy density is low and there's other, better, characters that need raising in Lyn's Mode (Kent, Sain, Dorcas, Matthew).

Lyn is only good at rejoin for a slight while. Soon after, Eliwood has all his supports built and is beating her everywhere.

Getting Lyn to ~10 in her story and keeping an S rank is rather easy to do.

Indeed. But not with getting a few others to 10 as well.

And you can also have her be the one getting fewer kills, leaving her at ~5 and instead getting Kent and Sain, and/or Erk, Lucius, Florina, Matthew, Dorcas to 10+.

He could be about that high, but that still helps Lyn in that she comes perfectly prepared to fight, unlike Eliwood did.

While Eliwood isn't wtfpwning a bunch of rubbish units like Lyn gets to do in her mode, he's still helping. You need all the help you can get in those early chapters.

Edited by Reikken

I think Path of Radiance Ike is sort of overrated, but he's still pretty good. Obviously I use him, I sort of have to.

All you have to do is field him. You don't have to actually let him do anything.

All you have to do is field him. You don't have to actually let him do anything.

Well, it be a pain on chapters with Bollting and such. Still, I doubt anyone can come up with a good reason not to use him in combat.

• 3 weeks later...

IMO, Ike is the best character in Path of Radiance.

I save all my stat increasing items from throughout the game and give them all to Ike when he reaches lvl. 20 as a Lord.

Ike can then beat the entire rest of the game by himself.

And the Oscar A support is amazing

He RULES! How can you not use him! However, it would be a challenge to try and not use the main lord.. :mellow:

Ike is my favorate lord.

No, not really. Just keep him behind everyone and let him attack nothing.