Does Someone Have Details on Multiplayer Handicaps?

Jagged Jagen

It is from my understanding that Multiplayer mode has a mode that evens the playing field by removing the effects of eternal seals. Correct? If this is correct, are there other effects? The only reason I ask is with the confirmation of Grind/Gold/Weapon DLC whether somebody who chooses to not purchase said DLC will be still able to enjoy/experience multiplayer in a relatively balanced state (No Level 99 S-Rank Weapon Users vs Level 20 Steel Sword Users). Thanks in advance.

I assume the Eternal Seal restriction will cap units at Level 20 or ignore stats gained pass Level 20.

There's a separate Handicap option that says it "narrows the gap between the two teams' abilities", but I think that's only for the stats.

So chances are there's nothing to help, say, a Level 1 team handle a Level 20/20 team. But you should be okay with a Level 20/20 team (with the right weapons) vs Level 20/99 team.

I know in friend matches, and matches organized in internet communities, there will be custom rules such as using only certain characters.

That's neat. There are definitely some opportunites for some house rules there, good to know. Thanks for the response! :)

I assume the Eternal Seal restriction will cap units at Level 20 or ignore stats gained pass Level 20.

There's a separate Handicap option that says it "narrows the gap between the two teams' abilities", but I think that's only for the stats.

So chances are there's nothing to help, say, a Level 1 team handle a Level 20/20 team. But you should be okay with a Level 20/20 team (with the right weapons) vs Level 20/99 team.

Glad to hear that there's been some balance done to the multiplayer overall and additional handicap modes. All things considered, if other FE's are to go by, this mode is probably best suited for endgame. Thanks for the response! :)

That's neat. There are definitely some opportunites for some house rules there, good to know. Thanks for the response! :)

No problem.

Some rules I've heard planned basically involve using the less custom characters such as captured Generics/bosses.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

On a more serious note. I don't care WHEN someone finds this out, but can you hard ban certain skills? Extravagance, Aggressor, and LoD are the main offenders, as every unit can become a OHKO machine with those three around.

Edited by Psyruby

On a more serious note. I don't care WHEN someone finds this out, but can you hard ban certain skills? Extravagance, Aggressor, and LoD are the main offenders, as every unit can become a OHKO machine with those three around.

Buffed damage alone can be dodgetanked. Gotta add Flamboyant to the mix to become truly rage-inducing

Buffed damage alone can be dodgetanked. Gotta add Flamboyant to the mix to become truly rage-inducing

Actually Raven Strike is better. The opponent gets no buff, the Hitrate is higher, and the only time Brave Weapons activate is on your turn, so the downside doesn't matter to the OHKO strategy. If you combine all these factors, everyone can ohko everyone, and it becomes a game of "Who has higher movement?" (I'll give you a hint, Paladin is OP) Which isn't the strategy battle that I want.

Edited by Psyruby