Supports you would've liked to see

Linfan

I will never, in a million years, understand why some people think this way.

If only people ever posted such amazing replies as you, then the forum world would be a much better place.

If you've got a problem with that line of thinking, then please explain why. I think it makes perfect sense to reduce the amount of supports, since it would give the writers more time to improve other ones.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much agreeing with all supports here. I dislike that characters like Crimson are Kamuisexuals even though it would make more sense for them to support certain other characters. It doesn't make sense that Crimson only supports Kamui, but not Ryoma.

I agree with having less supports. Some of the supports are honestly bad to me, like the writers gave up and made something out of nothing.

Pretty much agreeing with all supports here. I dislike that characters like Crimson are Kamuisexuals even though it would make more sense for them to support certain other characters. It doesn't make sense that Crimson only supports Kamui, but not Ryoma.

I agree with having less supports. Some of the supports are honestly bad to me, like the writers gave up and made something out of nothing.

So... you want more supports, but you also want less supports?

Also, I'd wager that while this game probably has a larger number of subpar supports than the GBA games, the proportion of subpar supports to all supports in the game is still around the same, perhaps slightly higher but not overly so.

I also think a lot of the supports could be improved simply by chopping off the S rank

There are characters who have entertaining C-As but show no sign of having any semblance of relational chemistry even being a possibility, and no prior history to back them up with a possible off-the-scenes romance thing, or the relationship itself having a lot of sense to happen etc

and like, there's S ranks that are so contrived that I refuse to pair 2 characters I like together and that doesn't happen a lot, I got used to the sudden S ranks but some of them are just... really have no place to be around with the way it's written as is other than the everyone x everyone thing

okay yeah im talking about jakob x rinka I really don't like that S

So... you want more supports, but you also want less supports?

Fewer in total, yes.

If I want to remove three supports from, let's say...Saizou, Tsukuyomi, Orochi and Effie, but add one to Crimson and one to Flora, then the amount of supports overall has decreased even though I added the ones I personally wanted to see. I don't think that's such a difficult concept to grasp.

I also think a lot of the supports could be improved simply by chopping off the S rank

There are characters who have entertaining C-As but show no sign of having any semblance of relational chemistry even being a possibility, and no prior history to back them up with a possible off-the-scenes romance thing, or the relationship itself having a lot of sense to happen etc

and like, there's S ranks that are so contrived that I refuse to pair 2 characters I like together and that doesn't happen a lot, I got used to the sudden S ranks but some of them are just... really have no place to be around with the way it's written as is other than the everyone x everyone thing

okay yeah im talking about jakob x rinka I really don't like that S

Most of Jakob's S-supports feel really sudden, and it's one of the reasons why I'm not using him as a character, honestly.

As for chopping off S ranks, I completely agree; I rather liked that Basilio and Flavia couldn't S-rank each other. Xander and Sakura have such a sweet C-A and then it's completely ruined by a sudden marriage proposal.

Edited by Thane

I would've loved to see Arthur/Harold and Odin have some supports. An unlucky man with a passion for heroism and the dark, dramatic theatrics of the heroic Owain of old in the form of Odin would have been wonderful. Not only that, but with them both having a neat gameplay synergy between 'em with their skills and being able to get them each a chapter apart, it felt like there'd be some supports between these two wonderful losers.

I could easily see them being rivals fighting to see who can be the most heroic and victorious, or maybe even have Odin trying to help out Harold with his horrible luck and give him some good ol emotional, well, support.

There's a few I liked of Jakob's as romantic options (mainly Aqua) so I'll prolly just pair those two; Since they're both support characters it works out anyway

But a lot of his supports would've been just entertaining instead of entertaining but ruined with a below-averagely-bad-even-by-fates-standard proposal-in-the-end-and-thus-less-entertaining-than-they-could-be without those shitty S ranks

Edited by Thor Odinson

If I could turn back time and add in only one support, it absolutely has to be Joker/Flora.

But Ryouma/Crimson, Yukimura/Yuugiri, Camilla/Aqua, and Gunther/Felicia+Flora are really great too. Camilla/Aqua is especially disappointing considering how every other royal could support Aqua.

Also, I want to see Fuuga/Syalla grandparent/child supports! That would be adorable and hilarious. And more Oboro/Nohr supports, but only if they're not all rehashing the same 'I hate Nohr' thing over again. She has a pretty good set of Nohr supports right now but I would love to see some more.

Children and first gen charaters who arnt their parents, only up to A and extremely platonic. I wanted this in Awakinging too. And any grandparent supports.

Foleo/Oboro- talk about making clothes and stuff/ diffenerences on Hoshiso and Nohr fashion

Siegburt/Leo-Foleo/Marx-Kisaragi/Ryoma-Shinonome/Takumi- Spend time with the uncles

Grey/Peiri-She loves to bake and he is Gaius, have him snatch sweets from her, but her knowing the whole time.

I would have liked to see some of the characters that can only support Kamui get at least one more support. Some characters get like 20+ supports because of the marriage system but they couldn't find the time to give Crimson a support with anyone other than Kamui? Something doesn't seem right here...

So basically most stuff I wanted to say has been mentioned. I do want to see more supports across generations or with those outside of the marriage system.

For that, I'd like to see:

- Luna and Matoi, even when they're not parent and child

- Aqua and Soleil. I want to see what she has to say to the worst singer.

​- Elise and Foleo should discuss about their love for cinnamon rolls fashion.

- Speaking for fashion, Oboro and Foleo too.

- At the very least, unique mother conversations. Some mothers feel out of character.

- Asyura and Aqua, for obvious reasons.

- All members of Team Kamui. How could they leave out Flora and Gunther?

S feels forced. I think a better way is for them to start a relationship from that point instead of jumping right to marriage. Or just remove the whole marriage system.

They can also have GBA-style support, plus a post-game with unexplained children if they really want them. The Sacred Stones didn't talk about why the extra characters are playable, after all -- that post-game isn't part of the story.

If I could turn back time and add in only one support, it absolutely has to be Joker/Flora.

Totally agreed.

I really wish Flora and Crimson were not Kamuisexuals.They would have both made great mothers for their kids in both a personality sense and stat sense.

This too. From what I've seen in Nohr, Flora feels like a regular character.

Good for you. But some people do think this way. Your point being?

I kinda agree that the notion that less supports for a character in favor of more supports for another is...well, it's really stupid, especially those that are calling to axe off S-supports.

I can pretty much agree with all that are called on (more for Kamuisexuals), especially ones with Gunther and Flora (Hoshido get's the short end of the stick...)

Aside from the Supports already mentioned, I kinda want Anna/Charlotte (Because of their love of money) and Anna/Oboro (Because of Oboro's parents were Kimono Shop owners and in her supports with Takumi, she builds quite a reputation in her business when she follows their footsteps, which shows that she has a talent to be a merchant.)

Easy, the Kamuisexuals having more supports. Seriously, what were they thinking? "Nah, they won't die in Lunatic because we gave them an extra class. Phft, Pair Up doesn't even work. **** stats anyway, they don't care about the characters. They will do just fine by being completely wasted and left unexplored" I can't express on words how retarded and illogical they managed Yugi, Flora, Crimson, the nerd guy and the others. Considering how close they are to the royals and all. Also, can the capturable bosses support? Or they are a waste of time like Gangrel? The gay berserkers gotta support.

Edited by L9999

Most of the supports I want are ones that have already been mentioned here (Ryouma & Crimson, Camilla & Aqua and Flora & Joker), but I really would've liked to see Hinoka & Kagerou. I mean, I can see them getting along pretty well and Kagerou is Ryouma's retainer, so the two have probably bumped into each other and exchanged some idle conversation at some point.

Edited by Matt-hue

Most of the supports I want are ones that have already been mentioned here (Ryouma & Crimson, Camilla & Aqua and Flora & Joker), but I really would've liked to see Hinoka & Kagerou. I mean, I can see them getting along pretty well and Kagerou is Ryouma's retainer, so the two have probably bumped into each other and exchanged some idle conversation at some point.

See, the problem with those two is that the conversation would most likely involve training, protecting everyone, fulfilling your duty and yada yada yada. Hinoka's far too underdeveloped as it is.

Ryouma x Crimson

Crimson x anyone else

Yuugiri x Yukimura

I don't like how they have some characters who can ONLY support with Kamui, reading their epilogues are just sad ! ; m ;

I don't want them to be alone cries

See, the problem with those two is that the conversation would most likely involve training, protecting everyone, fulfilling your duty and yada yada yada. Hinoka's far too underdeveloped as it is.

I know that Kagerou and Hinoka aren't exactly the most interesting characters, but I can't help but want to see them support anyway. *Shrugs*

Personally, I would have loved to see Yuugiri have supports with more characters as I love her hair colour and her personality.

Yuugiri x Yukimura (also gives excuse for new child character)

Yuugiri X Subaki (Matoi's hair would look great!)

Ryoma X Crimson

Joker X Flora

Camilla X Azura

Pieri X Camilla

Orochi X Zero

I know that Kagerou and Hinoka aren't exactly the most interesting characters, but I can't help but want to see them support anyway. *Shrugs*

And that's fine, I'm just skeptical. Of course, it would've been fun if those two had a support that showed them as anything other than the most serious people on the face of the earth.

I also really wish Velour had more varied supports, or that they just removed her gimmick entirely, and that Felicia's only character trait wasn't the focus of pretty much all of her supports; seriously, I think the only one that doesn't revolve around that is the one with Nishiki, but it's still mentioned.

I get why people want a Flora/Jakob support, but to be honest yet another support line of him being an enormous jerk to someone doesn't really appeal to me. On the other hand, I would have loved it if she was another widely supported mother character able to support with a large number of characters rather than a Kamuisexual, and that would have meant a Jakob support for her anyway. Should have given Crimson the same treatment on the Hoshido side while they're at it. I'd have liked a Yukimura/Yuugiri support as well.