H5 Warpskipping LTC (completed in 55 turns)

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the most kills?

• Marth
    • Caeda
    • Jagen
    • Hardin
  2. 2. Who will enter the most battles?

• Marth
    • Caeda
    • Jagen
    • Hardin

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Medeus would be more interesting, but it turns out he's also just a scrub. Nagi doesn't have to die.

OK, so I was slightly wrong here. Medeus still sucks, but I can't have Jake hit him from afar because of positioning issues. I could take out Medeus just by having Nagi crit him, but I don't really want to do that...

the alternative is going to be to rig a crit somewhere else to facilitate some convoying... but it's going to be kind of annoying to do because of menuing and stuff so I'll probably record it later.

It's alright, when I do this for real on the version 2 run, my planning will be better (it may not have been the greatest idea to throw all of that money on the Wyrmslayer since Caeda didn't really even need it), but things will still work out fine here.

IIRC, you also forgot to grab the Aum staff.

WITH it, you can just kill the bodyguard with Shiida (or with Nagi). Then suicide on Medeus and revive that unit to save the day?

Yeah, I could have done that... oh well, whatever. Like I said, I'll do this for real on the second playthrough.

(Oh, but wait, I'd still run into the same issue of not being able to position people together and needing to convoy staves, etc...)

Version 2 of this challenge will be started soon. I'll be keeping the Chapter 1 completion from last time, but redoing everything after that. A couple of things I am thinking about:

- Jagen obviously misses a good deal of valuable staff EXP from the 3 turn clear of Chapter 4. However, I don't think we actually need him to be a 3rd warper! In particular, after Chapter 20, we have 6 uses remaining on the final warp staff. If Jake one-shots Michalis (as he did in the current playthrough), then I only need 1 warp for Chapter 21. Then Chapters 22 and 23 can be fullskipped, leaving me with 1 warp remaining, but Elice joins, so that we can Hammerne at the beginning of Chapter 24. In fact, if only 1 warp is used in Chapter 21, then Lena can Hammerne pre-emptively in that chapter as well. In both cases, however, I miss out on the small bullion in Chapter 23, so I might still try to train Jagen.

- It might still be a good idea to skip Bantu/Tiki, if only because Nagi is much stronger. I believe Jake+Nagi can finish off Medeus, but Jake+Tiki can't. This is, of course, assuming that I'm not rigging a critical or using Aum, in which case Nagi or Tiki could handle Medeus alone.

- In the new run, I'd like to try and make my strategies more reliable where possible. Can you guys help me think of a way to get rid of the Marth critical against the cav on Chapter 2? Or alternatively, a way to get someone on the save point there prior to EP2 without getting brutally murdered on the enemy phase.

Edited by ruadath

Version 2 of this challenge will be started soon. I'll be keeping the Chapter 1 completion from last time, but redoing everything after that. A couple of things I am thinking about:

- Jagen obviously misses a good deal of valuable staff EXP from the 3 turn clear of Chapter 4. However, I don't think we actually need him to be a 3rd warper! In particular, after Chapter 20, we have 6 uses remaining on the final warp staff. If Jake one-shots Michalis (as he did in the current playthrough), then I only need 1 warp for Chapter 21. Then Chapters 22 and 23 can be fullskipped, leaving me with 1 warp remaining, but Elice joins, so that we can Hammerne at the beginning of Chapter 24. In fact, if only 1 warp is used in Chapter 21, then Lena can Hammerne pre-emptively in that chapter as well. In both cases, however, I miss out on the small bullion in Chapter 23, so I might still try to train Jagen.

- It might still be a good idea to skip Bantu/Tiki, if only because Nagi is much stronger. I believe Jake+Nagi can finish off Medeus, but Jake+Tiki can't. This is, of course, assuming that I'm not rigging a critical or using Aum, in which case Nagi or Tiki could handle Medeus alone.

- In the new run, I'd like to try and make my strategies more reliable where possible. Can you guys help me think of a way to get rid of the Marth critical against the cav on Chapter 2? Or alternatively, a way to get someone on the save point there prior to EP2 without getting brutally murdered on the enemy phase.

What is wrong with the Aum staff strat? No one dies in the end, I don't see you problem with it.

Yeah, just skip Bantu and try to rig a 2 turn clear XD Should work with a "broken" Rapier. Beating the game in 52 turns would be madness XD

Can't you just move Cain on the savepoint by turn2? The replace Cord with Bord, so Bord can through a Hand Axe to that pirate. Kills him? Move Draug below Cain and both should survive (I think). Or let just Cord kill him.

Edited by SSJDennis

What is wrong with the Aum staff strat? No one dies in the end, I don't see you problem with it.

Yeah, just skip Bantu and try to rig a 2 turn clear XD Should work with a "broken" Rapier. Beating the game in 52 turns would be madness XD

Can't you just move Cain on the savepoint by turn2? The replace Cord with Bord, so Bord can through a Hand Axe to that pirate. Kills him? Move Draug below Cain and both should survive (I think). Or let just Cord kill him.

Alright, I'll try that. Aum staff strat is fine, it would just be cool if I didn't have to use it. I think it would at best be 53 turns, because saving 1 turn on Chapter 4, and 1 more on Chapter 7. I don't see a third turn being shaved off anywhere (saving a turn on Chapter 10 means that we don't get a Master Seal, i.e. no Energy Drop for Jake, which results in losing a turn on Chapter 16)

Alright, I'll try that. Aum staff strat is fine, it would just be cool if I didn't have to use it. I think it would at best be 53 turns, because saving 1 turn on Chapter 4, and 1 more on Chapter 7. I don't see a third turn being shaved off anywhere (saving a turn on Chapter 10 means that we don't get a Master Seal, i.e. no Energy Drop for Jake, which results in losing a turn on Chapter 16)

Owh right, you need a third flyer... Forgot you don't get Wendell with the new strat. Can you spend a bit money on the Arrow Spate, so you won't need the Energy Drop? You can sell everything you won't be using. You won't see any real combat anymore, right? So you only save the Wing Spear and the Warp/Barrier staff, sell the rest?

Can you spend a bit money on the Arrow Spate, so you won't need the Energy Drop?

The reason I need the Energy Drop is actually for the Chapter 16 strategy. Remember that forges are capped at +10 Mt, which means I can forge a 25 Mt Stonehoist at best. This means I need Jake to get to 11 Str (at least) in order to pull off the 1 turn in Chapter 16. With the Energy Drop and a crit-kill every turn, I just barely got him to 12 Str. So I really don't think that can get pushed any further. I'm not sure if it is at all possible to fit an extra level for Jake in there without spending extra turns or using additional Warps.

That's not to mention the fact that a 2 turn clear of Chapter 10 would probably be quite difficult by itself to pull off.

You can't get a second/a copy of Swarm outside of Gotoh... Best "other" thing there is, is Thunderbolt. But for that you would need to recruit Beck. Which will either cost a turn, or a Warp use (maybe both).

Edited by SSJDennis

Figured I might as well give some closure to the first run, even if it will be redone at some point.

Epilogue will follow (maybe) once I'm not lazy enough to record it... or maybe I should just keep the battle stats a surprise until the second run.

Anyway, it feels sort of awkward to say this now, seeing as I'm probably going to restart the run fairly soon, but I appreciate the support of everyone who has been following this run, and would especially like to thank Gradivus and SSJDennis for their contributions toward the strategies, etc.

It's somewhat surreal to see you actually finish one of your runs, haha.

Lol, yeah, my thoughts exactly. But I'm just telling myself that it's OK to perform multiple runs at one time and eventually some of them will get finished... and I guess it worked!

Must have been an interesting way to do a first playthrough.

I still feel like I haven't played through the game, lol, thanks to warpskipping.

Nicely done Ruadath. At the start, I thought no one dying would be impossible, but you proved me wrong :)

Great playthrough, with many crits (lol), but I am sure you'll find better ways to complete them one day.

To bad Ch1 is really needing THAT Silver Lance crit at the end, without save state :(

No, I haven't posted it yet. But the idea is that... well, fine I'll get around to doing it sometime. But that involves redoing Chapter 2 and 3 first (Abel needs to get a point of Def on his level to make the clear more reliable, otherwise I need to make 3 dodges instead of 2).

• 1 month later...

Since I'm on break right now, I'm thinking of perhaps getting at least the 3 turn clear of Chapter 4 done, if not redoing the entire run, but I don't know if I'll be motivated enough to do it.

I don't think I'm going to redo Chapter 2 or 3 though; I'll just start off with Chapter 4 and rig the extra dodge on Abel.

Edited by ruadath

Have fun Ruadath. But, since you can "easily" rig dodges, why not break the game and get some more cheesy turn counts? Just the lowest possible (even if it would be impossible in a normal run). Or make reliable strats with low turn count for the other chapters. Many of your chapters win by a crit, while a "regular" Shiida Wing Spear hit would've done the job too. Especially DracoKnight Hardin seems meh. But still.

Or make reliable strats with low turn count for the other chapters. Many of your chapters win by a crit, while a "regular" Shiida Wing Spear hit would've done the job too.

What's so special about a fullskip run with more straightforward strats and suboptimal turncounts? Reliable strats with warp + bosskiller!Caeda are pretty easy to make, so I doubt it would be really interesting.

Edited by Gradivus.

Since you can "easily" rig dodges, why not break the game and get some more cheesy turn counts? Just the lowest possible (even if it would be impossible in a normal run).

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you're looking for a 2-turn clear of Chapter 4, I'm pretty sure the chance of Marth surviving (and crit-killing any cav who moves onto the gate) are so slim that there probably does not exist an RNG configuration (there are less than 2^32) which makes this possible.

In particular, the chance of Marth surviving attacks from just the horsemen (bow guys) is <.01% since they pull 95% not true hit rates on him, and then you have to deal with the plethora of cavs who charge him. If Marth is going to crit-kill them (12% chance each time), he needs to have his Rapier equipped (or maybe just a really forged Rapier, but that would probably cost too much money?) which means the lance cavs are going to pull hit rates in the upper 90s as well. Not looking good.

Forgot to respond to something else in your post:

Have fun Ruadath. But, since you can "easily" rig dodges, why not break the game and get some more cheesy turn counts? Just the lowest possible (even if it would be impossible in a normal run). Or make reliable strats with low turn count for the other chapters. Many of your chapters win by a crit, while a "regular" Shiida Wing Spear hit would've done the job too. Especially DracoKnight Hardin seems meh. But still.

It's not so much that it is "easy" to rig dodges as much as it is that I already have "high dodge" RNG seeds from enemy phases on previous maps (like Chapter 6 and Chapter 10), and IIRC when I was testing this strategy out I used one of them and found that the extra dodge (Armorslayer cav) just happened to occur as well.