H5 Warpskipping LTC (completed in 55 turns)

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the most kills?

• Marth
    • Caeda
    • Jagen
    • Hardin
  2. 2. Who will enter the most battles?

• Marth
    • Caeda
    • Jagen
    • Hardin

Chapter 7 is now complete!

Pretty standard clear, although the fact that the fliers are fast enough to double (and thus ORKO) pretty much the entire team makes life a bit difficult. I ended up deciding to use a map save and the RN seed from last chapter to ensure that the one enemy flier who survived turn 2 would miss one of 2 ~70% hits on Bord. Other than that, Hardin, Caeda, and Jagen continued to self-improve, with Jagen reaching his target of level 4.

EDIT: Also, Caeda hits C in lances, which is cool because +1 Mt bonus against non-axe users. Speaking of which, I plan to forge the Silver Lance +1 Mt before the next chapter, because I'll probably need to forge the Javelin as well by Chapter 9. It seems too small a bonus to call it Rex Hasta... so any suggestions? I'm currently thinking Gold. Lance

Edited by ruadath

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happened to raising Kain?

Raising Cain was useful early on so that he grew a lot of Str/Def. He can now dish out a reasonable amount of damage in close combat, and in particular was sturdy enough to sturdy enough to survive a round of combat with a PK or Cav (even if doubled). He was very useful in Chapter 5, and used as a meatshield for Castor here, but doesn't really have much else to contribute to the campaign (I think). In particular, the fact that he doesn't have access to ranged weapons (poor weapon rank) or a Silver weapon means he's not worth raising over someone like Hardin or Caeda.

Here is Chapter 8:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU6dp0opLZk

Turns out I don't need a Javelin forge for Caeda in the next chapter, so I postponed the Silver Lance forge till later. I found a good seed in the RN for Hardin to visit the arena, and he made enough of a profit to afford the forge without damaging my funds. He's also less than 70 EXP away from level 10, which is something he should easily be able to attain in Chapter 10.

Edited by ruadath

Chapter 10 will take 3 turns because Marth won't survive all of the enemies counters on turn 1 (and there is also the issue of them moving onto the gate). Jagen also needs to fly around to the top of the map and kill the enemy hero for his Master Seal, and Hardin needs to get to level 10.

It will probably take me a bit longer to get this one ready (not as long as Chapter 7, hopefully), just because there is a lot of different tasks to focus on, and I also probably want to try and get as many of the drops as I can as well.

So actually sort of bad news... I forgot that the enemies in this chapter have forged Hit Javelins! After Marth is warped to kill the boss, he faces two attacks from a Silver Lance knight and a Javelin PK. Thankfully he gains just enough speed so that the PK can't double him. I thought it would be simple to have him dodge two attacks... but the enemies pull ~97% hit rates against him!

EDIT: Actually, I think I can just use the bosses drop to de-equip Marth and then he should be able to dodge more reasonably (without true hit ~99%)

Edited by ruadath

So actually sort of bad news... I forgot that the enemies in this chapter have forged Hit Javelins! After Marth is warped to kill the boss, he faces two attacks from a Silver Lance knight and a Javelin PK. Thankfully he gains just enough speed so that the PK can't double him. I thought it would be simple to have him dodge two attacks... but the enemies pull ~97% hit rates against him!

EDIT: Actually, I think I can just use the bosses drop to de-equip Marth and then he should be able to dodge more reasonably (without true hit ~99%)

Oh come on!

My Super Thracia experience told me 99% is nothing and my Awakening told me 20% are always more likely to hit than 70%.

Edited by Nintales

Oh come on!

My Super Thracia experience told me 99% is nothing and my Awakening told me 20% are always more likely to hit than 70%.

Super Thracia? Anyway, with Marth deequipped they only pull 85% hit rates, so its fine anyway.

Chapter 10 is here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCX4KRIeLkM

This didn't turn out to be as complicated as I had previously envisioned, primarily because I realized that I had too little time and too little manpower without Jagen to actually fight off the enemy cavs at the southern portion of the map. Overall, this map was pretty straightforward, other than Jagen needing to pick up the Master Seal (in what will likely be his final hurrah as a combat unit)

Also, lol at all of the enemy fliers who surround the gate on EP2.

Your Shiida is soooooooo broken XD Wish I had to patience to make her look like that... So, why are you promoting Hardin again? When will he save you a turn above Shiida? Also, he can only use a Ridersbane, which isn't effective damage against Generals.

Also, will you really need Jake? Will he gain enough EXP to pay his "turn" back to you?

By the sounds of it Hardin will become the new Jagen while the old one takes to staff duty. There are probably a couple of places where a Silver Lance crit will still come in handy.

By the sounds of it Hardin will become the new Jagen while the old one takes to staff duty. There are probably a couple of places where a Silver Lance crit will still come in handy.

Basically this. But arguably, this job could be taken by Caeda as well. So why Hardin? You'll see in the next chapter, (or you can look at discussions earlier in the thread if you want to spoil it).

Your Shiida is soooooooo broken XD Wish I had to patience to make her look like that... So, why are you promoting Hardin again? When will he save you a turn above Shiida? Also, he can only use a Ridersbane, which isn't effective damage against Generals.

Also, will you really need Jake? Will he gain enough EXP to pay his "turn" back to you?

Jake is the only way to 2-turn Chapter 12 without using more than 1 warp. If Marth is warped to kill the boss, the Sniper will move onto the throne. Also he allows for the 1-turn of Chapters 16 and 17 (may have got the numbers wrong) without Boots on Caeda.

I forgot that bosses don't give an EXP bonus in this game, which is great! This means I can just have Caeda kill the boss normally, and have Jake use his ballista to take out one of the PKs.

EDIT: Nevermind, that's just because the "boss" of this chapter isn't the one on the gate. But you can ignore this post.

Edited by ruadath

Lol. That was actually pretty cool. At first I was thinking, why on Earth doesn't Hardin have the Ridersbane equiped? And then you pulled this. Energy Drop is for the money? Seeing your stats are already pretty broken, especially WITH the W1ng Spear.

Lol. That was actually pretty cool. At first I was thinking, why on Earth doesn't Hardin have the Ridersbane equiped? And then you pulled this. Energy Drop is for the money? Seeing your stats are already pretty broken, especially WITH the W1ng Spear.

Lol, Wing Spear isn't even forged (yet). But the Energy Drop is for Jake, to save money on his Stonehoist forge, and to prevent the need for an Arrowspate forge.

Edited by ruadath

This is a fun run to follow; don't think I've seen anyone play H5 in this way before.

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that! I hope you enjoy the latter half of the run even more!

Speaking, of which, I know I've been fairly minimalist about spending money up until now (only the Rapier and Silver Lance forge), but I'm thinking of forging some crit on Jake's Arrowspate because rigging:

<50% hit + 1% crit + 30% Str growth + 50% Skl growth

to kill the boss and get a good level sounds extremely painful. It shouldn't cost more than 1000G, and I think I have quite a bit of excess money at the moment.

It would probably be more practical to use the map save so you can save the growth and rig the bosskill seperately. Like, depending on how much money you can afford to spend on an arrowspate forge, since the stonehoist forge is super expensive by the standards of a run that skips almost all valuables.

Edited by Gradivus.

It would probably be more practical to use the map save so you can save the growth and rig the bosskill seperately. Like, depending on how much money you can afford to spend on an arrowspate forge, since the stonehoist forge is super expensive by the standards of a run that skips almost all valuables.

I meant that upon killing the boss, I'll get another level. Jake gets like 80 EXP from taking out the level 7 thief, which leaves him with less than 70 for level 3, which is probably around what he gets from the boss.