Favorite Hoshidans? Hinoka, Kazahana, Oboro

Favorite Kids? Kanna, Velour, Matoi

Favorite All-Round? Anna

Edited by L1ghtning

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I haven't seen the entirety of Fates's story nor read every single translated support conversation, so these favorites are probably not going to stick. But I love that there's now a character love thread to balance out the character hate thread, so I'm joining in with what I think so far. Also, one of the characters is only my second-favorite because my overall favorite is, well, my overall favorite and I don't want to list a character twice. (Warning: this post contains gushing about characters. You have been warned.)

Favorite Character(s) Shared?

Kaze: Partially because I'm gonna marry Kamui to him on my first playthrough, but mainly because I love his devotion. I've seen some of how he and Silas are kind of parallels, what with sticking with Kamui to the point that they'll betray their home country, but something about how Kaze chooses to serve Kamui within a relatively short amount of time compared to Silas just really gets me. The impression I get from him is that he sees this person - one whom he fervently believes he failed when they were kidnapped - stand up to the King of Nohr just to spare his life. He sees Kamui being the kind of person he wants as a master and then commits to serving them.

He's also one of the few guys I imagine Kamui would trust letting near Elise or Sakura. Kaze's just so nice and polite, even if he doesn't need to be.

Favorite Nohrians?

Charlotte: I... I don't know. I honestly thought I'd hate her; I really did. But after reading some of her supports, she just grew on me. I can't even point to anything specific that I like about her. She's an anomaly who defied every one of my expectations, and I love it.

Favorite Hoshidans?

Ugh... this one's gonna be hard. I like so many of the Hoshidans. Um...

Hinata: Yup, putting another husband on the list (there are three of them here; I won't deny that skews my opinion). He's just so gung-ho about stuff in the supports I've read, plus he's just plain honest. (I mean, in his S-support with Oboro, he straight up tells her he doesn't want to help her get with Takumi because he fell in love with her.) I also firmly believe that he's totally Takumi's BFF; they play shogi to calm him down. What's not to like there?

Favorite Kids?

Kisaragi: No contest. He is an sweet cinnamon roll who loves being outside. He's the kind of person I'd like to hang out with irl.

Favorite All-Round?

Takumi: Just... everything about his character. I love how he feels like a real person, angry and distrustful of Kamui for very good reasons but still a good friend to his, well, friends. I've read some character analyses of Takumi, and I really don't think that I can do better at explaining why I like him than the fact that he's just a well-rounded character.

The grammar Nazi within me objects.

The European within me farts in your general direction. :P:

Im really seeing a lot of trends here. Suzukaze seems to be very universally popular. Marx and Camilla also seem to be hella popular. Lots of love for Takumi, and im very pleased to see that. (Guy got a really rocky start with the fandom.) Felicia love comes as a bit of a surprise given Sumia's treatment in the fandom prior. Seeing Joker get a lot of love after his supports surfaced is interesting as well. (and i approve) Seeing Charlotte's name pop up is a nice surprise. I really like her. Praise be to those who love themselves some Lobster.

Favorite Character(s) Shared? Mozume, Lilith and Kaze

Favorite Nohrians? Flannel, Lazwald, Charlotte, Flora, Leo, Luna, and Belka

Favorite Hoshidans? Takumi, Sakura, Nishiki, Oboro, and Setsuna

Favorite Kids? Velour, Lutz and Shinomone

Favorite All-Round? Takumi and Leo

Favorite Character(s) Shared? - Suzukaze (because he's cute, kind and humble :>)

Favorite Nohrians? - Lazward (I have the biggest crush on Inigo OK), Odin, Leon and Flora!

Favorite Hoshidans? - To be honest, I really love most of the Hoshidans so I might list nearly half of them: Takumi, Hinoka, Kazahana, Tsubaki, Nishiki, Oboro and Kagerou!

Favorite Kids? - Kisaragi (because he's so happy and jumpy and sometimes I question how Takumi could have such an optimistic son when he's grumpy to boot), Soleil (please don't kill me), and Ophelia!

Favorite All-Round? - Lazward because the thirst for more Inigo is fucking real

Edited by carefreejules

gonna try to put just one character for each, despite loving so many ~ !

Favorite Character Shared? Cyrus

Favorite Nohrian? Belka

Favorite Hoshidan? Takumi

Favorite Kid? Sophie

Favorite All-Round? Oboro

Female: Aqua. She has a beautiful design and singing voice. I like that she acts as Kamui's foil.

Male: Silas. I'm liking the best friend trope, he has a nice, neutral design, and his kid is adorable.

Favorite Nohrians?

Female: Camilla. Every time I look at her the thought of "Nee-sama, please step on me" goes through my head. Sawashiro Miyuki can't be beat.

Male: Leon. Similarly, Miyano Mamoru also can't be beat. I'd go on and on, but I love how everyone thinks he's this cold and calculating jerkface genius but he's actually just this charming, snarky little bro. It's great. This little brother is the best.

Honorable mention goes to Lazward because Inigo was my favorite in Awakening. He feels a little different in Fates but it's still nice to have him around.

Favorite Hoshidans?

Female: Kazahana. First of all, I love her design, and her tomboyish personality is adorable. I feel like she doesn't get enough love, though. (Yuugiri comes in a close second. She vaguely reminds me of Reiko from Murakami's Norwegian Wood.)

Male: Takumi. This one really grew on me. Incredibly sympathetic character after the initial coldness to Kamui, great supports, and the gimmick with his bow is kind of cool. Everyone goes all #BLAMETAKUMI but he's a pretty great little bro too. Also Kaji Yuuki.

Favorite Kids?

Female: Sophie. I swear it has nothing to do with the weapon that strips units. Her design is adorable, she seems to be generally well-adjusted compared to the rest of the female children, and she looks good in pretty much all the hair colors.

Male: Shigure. It just occurred to me that their parents are also my favorite neutral characters. I swear this is just a coincidence. Nice design, nice personality, cute kid. If I were to sink a level below marrying my little brothers and married a kid character, it would be Shigure.

Favorite All-Round?

Probably Takumi. (Leon comes in as a very close second.) I didn't think much of him at first but something along the lines of the Leon/Takumi third route support really got me interested in his character. You really get to learn about his insecurities/multi-faceted personality through his supports, and though he's absolutely terrible to Kamui in the first few chapters, I still ended up warming up to him. That boy has the face of an angel and a super powerful weapon to match. What's not to love?

Edited by tokyobeam

Flora has probably left the strongest impression on me out of the female characters, even though she's a kamusexual. She's got different roles in each route and gets more characterization and development than the other four royal sisters combined, so it's hard not to like her.

But Leo and Takumi are probably the ones I like the most. They feel multifaceted, have good supports and have nice, different subplots in the two original routes. Takumi has a few bad supports though, Felicia and Hinoka come to mind, but other than that, they're probably the characters that feel the most human.

Also Velour. I have no idea why, but I think she's awesome. It's probably the design and the fact that she doesn't have a forced 'cute' voice.

Just a few here; I'll probably post more later.

Gunther - Definitely one of the best Jagens in the series in terms of character

Harold - He's a square-jawed honest-to-goodness superhero who has horrible luck but still manages to be a superhero anyaway

Benoit - I was actually kind of ambivalent towards Benoit, until I read his supports and realized he can talk to bears. That's awesome.

Favorite Shared Characters: Aqua, F! Kamui, and Felicia

Favorite Nohr Characters: Camilla, Charlotte, and Pieri

Favorite Hoshido Characters: Kagerou

Favorite Child Character: Syalla

Favorite NPC: Mikoto

Favorite Overall Character: Camilla

Favorite Character(s) Shared?: Kaze Kaze KAZE! Such a sweetheart!

Favorite Nohrians?: Hmm... Leo, Flannel, Zero, Elise, Flora, and Charlotte (tho i have a soft spot for Harold and Belka too)

Favorite Hoshidans?: Takumi Takumi Takumi Takumi, Nishiki, Sakura, Lobster Brother, Hana

Favorite Kids?: Velour, Kinu, Kanna, AND HOW COULD I FORGET OPHELIA OMFG

Favorite All-Round?: Takumi :l

Edited by Ebony

Shared: Silas, Mozume

Nohr: Belka, Leon, Zero, Nyx, Luna, Lazward, Benoit, Charlotte.

Hoshido: Hinoka, Takumi, Lobsterlord, Tsukuyomi, Oboro, Setsuna, Saizou, Hinata.

Kids: Ignis, Shinonome, Eponine, Hisame, Deere, Mitama.

All-Around: Maybe Oboro?

Edited by FrostyFireMage

Favorite Character(s) Shared: Felicia & Cyrus

Favorite Nohrians: Flora & Odin (Even tho i like all minus Zero ,Gunter and Arthur)

Favorite Hoshidans: Kagerou :wub: & Saizou (Honor goes to Oboro Orochi and Rinkah)

Favorite Kids: Kinu & Gurei / Ophelia & Foleo??? i guess

Favorite All-Round: Lilith Human form xD ( I find her rlly cute)

Can't pick a favorite. Too many I dislike yet several I like.

Favorite Character(s) Shared? Gunther, Felicia, Suzukaze, and Anna.

Favorite Nohrians? Camilla, Light Yagami Leon, Charlotte, Nyx, Nicholas Flannel, Elise, and Marx.

Favorite Hoshidans? Kazahana, Ryoma, Kagerou, Nishiki, Sakura, Takumi, and Oboro.

Favorite Kids? Kanna, Midoriko, Lawliet Deere, Velour, Kinu, and MAYBE Ophelia and Sophie.

Favorite All-Round? Either Camilla or Anna.

Every other character not mentioned here either I dislike it or I just don't care about.

Edited by L9999

Silas is a total bro.

Kaze is pretty cool as well as this strangely polite ninja type.

Favorite Nohrians?

Pieri is mai yandere waifu. Her backstory from the Lazward support and the anger management classes with Odin are great.

Zero... I didn't like his design at first but his supports have vastly changed my mind.

Elise is a walking kawaii-bomb. Dangerous.

Charlotte's alternate personality disorder is surprisingly well-written and I like that.

Lazward is an absolute bro nowadays.

Belka is surprisingly interesting for a emotionless-type girl.

Favorite Hoshidans?

Hana is mai samurai waifu. Her tomboyishness and earnestness in protecting Sakura are great.

Asama. Love his serial snarking and he is tremendously underappreciated.

Setsuna is generally hilarious.

Hinoka's straightforwardness is actually quite nice.

Favorite Kids?

Ophelia is mai chuuni waifu. She's such a goofball. Dayum smexy too.

Sophie has the best design though.

Shinonome is probably the best runner-up.

Favorite All-Round?

Too hard to call at this stage, will decide when I actually get the game.

H8te

Well, it has to be said, I can't stand Joker and Takumi. They're such diecks.

I'm ambivalent around most of the others.

Favorite Character(s) Shared: Suzukaze, he's definitely grown on me. I don't like Aqua as much as I used to, but she's cool.

Favorite Nohrians: Charlotte!!!, Leon, Nyx and Elise.

Favorite Hoshidans: All the royals, Kazahana, Rinka, Nishiki and Oboro. Tbh I don't dislike anyone from Hoshido, I just like some more than others...

Favorite Kids: Shigure and Shinonome are very likable. Sophie and Midoriko have my favourite children designs.

Favorite All-Round: Ehh, I can't choose...

Favorite Character(s) Shared: Suzukaze, Asura, Anna and Aqua.

Favorite Nohrians: Lazward, Charlotte, Marx and Flora.

Favorite Hoshidans: Takumi, Saizou, Kazahana, Ryouma, Kagerou, Hinoka, Asama and Oboro.

Favorite Kids: Ignis, Velour, Shinonome and Shigure. (Outside of her supports with Kamui, Shara is also pretty cool.)

Favorite All-Round: Suzukaze bc of my extreme bias.

Edited by Matt-hue

I love love love love love LOVE love love Silas!

He's so adorable, and being a childhood friend of Kamui only makes me happier about him. He also has good looks! I love absolutely everything about Silas!

Favorite Shared Characters: Silas

Favorite Hoshidans: Hana, Subaki, and Crimson and silas

Favorite Nohrians: Luna, Nyx, and Charlotte silas!!!!

Favorite Kids: Kanna (both, but I prefer female), and Matoi

Favorite Overall: Silas!!!! silas silas silas silas silas silas Luna and Charlotte are cool too!

I really love Silas, and I never thought I would love anyone more than I did Severa from Awakening (and Luna), but right now, they're kinda battling for my favorite spot lol.

Shared: Silas, Aqua and Kaze

Hoshidans:Hinoka,Takumi,sakura, Saizou, Kazahana, Ryouma, Kagerou, Orochi and Oboro.

Nohrians:Charlotte, Pieri, Marx, Camilla, Leo, Elise, Odin, Luna and Belka.

Kids:Matoi, Shinonome, Kanna, Midoriko, Sophie, Syalla, Shigure, Kinu, Velour, Mitama and Ophelia.

Great username, MatoiFalconWing….

I'm honestly surprised that the Awakening lookalike kids don't seem to be getting as widespread attention as their predecessors…. I thought Matoi would be broadly more popular.

Great username, MatoiFalconWing….

I'm honestly surprised that the Awakening lookalike kids don't seem to be getting as widespread attention as their predecessors…. I thought Matoi would be broadly more popular.

thanks! I agree at least I see a couple Matois online

Y'know... I feel bad about not listing more female characters in my earlier post. So, just going by the female characters (so my "husbando" bias won't be a factor), here's my favorite characters for each category:

Shared Route:

Mozume (?): I put a question mark there since there are only three female characters that are on both routes (it was her, Azura, or Felicia), and I just have a preference for the Villagers. (Donnel was one of my staple front-line combatants in Awakening and always will be.) Besides that, Mozume seems to have more passion and love for what she does than the other two (that being farming... I think. I've only really read her supports with, I think, Leon and Takumi, really). Felicia is adorably clumsy yet competent in a fight (points to her supports with Saizou), and Azura has good points, I'm sure, but this is more of just first impressions and not a detailed analysis of the character, and she simply feels more bland from the outset. So... Mozume it is.

Hoshido:

Oboro: From the supports I've read so far, I'm really liking how they handled her character. I obviously haven't seen every single one of her supports, but the ones I have read seem to focus on her hobbies and passions rather than her crush on Takumi or hatred of Nohr. And even the ones that deal with her Nohr-hating ways have been handled nicely (points to Oboro and Belka's support dialogue).

Nohr:

Effie: I just really like the kinds of characters who will literally put themselves in harm's way to protect someone else. In fact, my favorite OC's (mainly from RPG's and such) have the exact same inclinations and would often nearly get killed while protecting someone/trying to do the right thing, so Effie rises above the rest of the Nohrian women in my mind.

Child:

Midoriko: Precious cinnamon roll. Too good for this world. (Seriously, is that how this meme goes? It definitely seems to apply, though.)

Overall:

Charlotte: I did not expect her to be here! After thinking it over for a bit, I realized that I really empathize with her. From what I've read, while she is good at being all domestic and polite and feminine, she really doesn't like it. But she does it anyway because she believes that's how she'll achieve her dream (which I can respect, even if I don't approve of her "gold-digging"). Also, I kind of get the sense from her that she's genuinely relieved when people accept her brutish nature and ask her to just be herself.

(Again, I haven't read every single support, so my opinions are bound to change at least slightly, especially once it's released in NA.)