carefreejules joodles (update: Three Houses in Smash)

carefreejules

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Rowlet was my least favorite of the three and this picture alone has raised my opinion of it to around the same as the other two.(which is still indifferent but)

If the evolutions were to go along with the dapper bow tie thing that would be great.

Rowlet was my least favorite of the three and this picture alone has raised my opinion of it to around the same as the other two.(which is still indifferent but)

If the evolutions were to go along with the dapper bow tie thing that would be great.

;u;!!! Wow, I'm glad my drawing made you feel differently about the Pokemon, even if it was just a little bit.

I really adore this starter Pokemon OK

Oh dear lord this is so cute I'm going to explode.

I love this so much. Well done!

It takes years of practice :D Just keep at it!

I'm pushing 30. I think that ship has sailed for me.

I'm pushing 30. I think that ship has sailed for me.

The thing is, every artist improves and works at different paces. There are artist who can improve immensely in four years and there are those who improve a lot slowly but there's nothing wrong with that - it's important to enjoy the process of drawing and not just the pay off too.

Point is - you're never too old or too young to draw.

Edited by carefreejules

The thing is, every artist improves and works at different paces. There are artist who can improve immensely in four years and there are those who improve a lot slowly but there's nothing wrong with that - it's important to enjoy the process of drawing and not just the pay off too.

Point is - you're never too old or too young to draw.

I like writing and drawing maps. Those are my primary creative outlets. I've tried music and drawing people, but I just end up embarrassing myself. Part of my problem nowadays, it that I just can't draw with a mouse. For some reason, the dexterity just doesn't translate, so I have to draw everything by hand, which is pretty bad. It kinda stinks, because seeing some of the programs today, I think I'd be able to do a lot better, if I had the freedom to go back and alter things digitally instead of having to deal with constant erasure.

I like writing and drawing maps. Those are my primary creative outlets. I've tried music and drawing people, but I just end up embarrassing myself. Part of my problem nowadays, it that I just can't draw with a mouse. For some reason, the dexterity just doesn't translate, so I have to draw everything by hand, which is pretty bad. It kinda stinks, because seeing some of the programs today, I think I'd be able to do a lot better, if I had the freedom to go back and alter things digitally instead of having to deal with constant erasure.

It depends on how you draw with the mouse because back before I got myself a drawing tablet, I used the mouse and touch pad to 'draw' by using things like the pen tool, where you map out where you want your lines to be and such and then you tell the program to make a stroke from what you mapped out, creating clean and smooth line art.

I feel like that's the approach that might be better for you because drawing by dragging your mouse is naturally not going to create smooth/clean lines because if you want to make smooth line art by hand, you have to be quick with your strokes.

It depends on how you draw with the mouse because back before I got myself a drawing tablet, I used the mouse and touch pad to 'draw' by using things like the pen tool, where you map out where you want your lines to be and such and then you tell the program to make a stroke from what you mapped out, creating clean and smooth line art.

I feel like that's the approach that might be better for you because drawing by dragging your mouse is naturally not going to create smooth/clean lines because if you want to make smooth line art by hand, you have to be quick with your strokes.

What sort of software/program do you use or would recommend?

What sort of software/program do you use or would recommend?

Well the pen tool that I used a lot in was the program called GIMP. I used it a lot back in the day.

Here's a really really old drawing of mine that I'll use as an example of what the line art looked like from using the pen tool in GIMP.

Me.png

tumblr_o7ecnfjsDM1rzdrddo1_540.png

tumblr_o7ecnfjsDM1rzdrddo2_540.gif

With the success of the first version, I decided to add more designs as a 2.0 version!

Designs include based off of Undertale, Fire Emblem, Super Mario, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, etc.

Edited by carefreejules